“Cool backyard, clean place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coconut Garden

Coconut Garden
Ranked #24 of 202 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Cool backyard, clean place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Large choice of Laos and Western food, limon tart to die for.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Average Food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Ate here a few times and it was 'just ok', not the best not the worst. Pricing was a little high for Asia, but service was reasonably friendly by Laos standards, and the cakes were tasty.

• Visited September 2011
Sparta, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Curry I've Tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was the best curry I've ever had. I've been thinking about it since I had it! I had the red and my wife the green... although I finished her's as well. Just under $4 including an order of rice. Excellent!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Lauren B
London
“Very ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We'd been told that that this is the best restaurant in luang prabang for Lao food. Our conclusion after this meal was that Lao food is decidedly uninteresting (and we went for the expensive taster menu). Their idea of spicing and heat seemed to be simply adding whole chilis to the sauces. The following evening we went to Tamarind which made us realise that Lao food can be delicious and that the problem was coconut garden.

San Francisco, California
“Wanted to find a good breakfast deal (with wifi)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was the perfect place for me....during the day though. At night it's a different "hip" vibe, not so good for getting work done. Wish the coffee was a bit better....but it's not too bad. When I first ordered the "little set" for breakfast, they brought me two small baguettes instead of the one big one I'm used to. I just assumed this was normal, so when they didn't bring two out the next few days(only one small one) I let them know I needed the second one. Well I should have checked my receipts instead of just paying, because I have been being charged extra for the second one. Today they brought 3 out...and it turns out I was charged for the extra two. I specifically requested just what it comes with. They did correct the problem, but didn't seem too happy about it. For the most part the service and food has been really great though. If they upgrade their coffee and include a normal baguette with this breakfast deal it would surely be a hit in my book!

• Visited August 2011