“Really bad food in a nice setting”

Restaurant Luang Prabang Bakery
Ranked #125 of 205 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, French
“Really bad food in a nice setting”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was overpriced and poor quality , we were really disappointed - really expensive compared to other places - I would definetly stay away

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kiama
“Just Relax”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've just read the reviews of the Restaurant & Bakery and have to say that our experience was much different but perhaps when we travel to SE Asia we try to go with the flow. I ordered the local chicken with garlic and steamed rice and it was delicious! It came served in a banana leaf. My husband ordered to sweet pork and steamed rice and also enjoyed his meal. Our kids ordered pizza & a chicken burger and they both liked what had too. We found the service pretty good. Yes, the waiters were very quite and didn't really attempt to interact with us, but that's ok. We understood that their English wasn't very good but it was much better than our Loation. We paid about AUD40.00 for 4 meals, drinks & tips.

• Visited December 2012
London
“Terrible service, disappointing food”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

When you're in Luang Prabang you want to make every meal count - there is loads to choose from that is excellent and great value. Do not waste one of your meals here. Food went to wrong table, by the time it got to me it was cold. Chinese noodles accompanying the dish were rubbery and tasteless. Service was less than warm. Prices very high for below average food. Looks good from the outside but it's a poor experience.

• Visited December 2012
“Very disappointing food and service”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

From the outside this looks like a lovely place to enjoy an afternoon tea and cake of a nice meal but don't be fooled. I wish as I had checked trip advisor first as I too experienced the spectacularly poor service and I have spent three years in Asia so it is not as one reviewer suggests just cultural. But the real disappointment wa the quality of the food and beverages. My coffee was weak and Luke warm, and the first plate of food we ordered we had to sen back as it was well past it's best. The replacement was not much of an improvement but we cut our losses and left it at that - we won't be returning. For the money you can have a considerably nicer experience at Joma.

Singapore, Singapore
“Disgutingly bad. No stars would have been more appropriate”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

"Ate" here the other night. My wife had an Greek Salad which was inedible, I ordered a pizza.for us to share - how difficult is it to mess up a pizza?! Nearly 30 minutes later and after much chasing it arrived: we both took one bite and put it back down. It was DISGUSTING. How they get away with serving such tripe is beyond me. We told them what we thought (politely and quietly) when they cleared the plates and they just smiled and laughed - obviously this isn't the first time they'd heard this feedback. For reference, a lady on another table had ordered kebabs and left hers, pulled a face, we rolled eyes at each other and then she paid and left. The street vendor crepe we ended up eating was several million times better! AVOID!

• Visited November 2012