“Special Hotel comfortable to stay”
Review of Vangsavath Hotel

Vangsavath Hotel
Ranked #15 of 271 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have been Luang Prabang first time
I recommend this hotel for singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, Older travelers, Families with teenagers, Tourists
I selected this hotel as very good for take care and service

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank khounthisith

Reviewed March 3, 2011

Good Location Best Room Like Breakfast Excellent service if you going in Luang Prabang stay Vangsavath Hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ton_mk3
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have been travelling to Laos for some time and this Hotel has always treated me right!!! i would recommend this place to anyone who is looking to stay in Luang Prabang!!!!
Thanks Jason from Canada

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Duckyboy30
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I have been to Luang Pranbang with my mom on 14 February when I been in the hotel I see the manager at Vangsavath hotel he is very friendly he gave welcome drink And talk about someting in Luang Prabang to travel because I didn't know to travel in Luang Prabang. After I been in the room surprise the room wonderful is very amazing because The price is 70$ for 1 room 1 Night very balcony good view I like to sit I palyed wi-fi on 15 I got up early I been giving arm and I come back at Vangsavath Hotel I have Bearkfast is very good they give special food for me Pancake and Creap I like it very much

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank vk1357
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Booked this room the day before on agoda at a cheap price. It's not really walking distance from the main tourist area, so it could be a positive or negative depending how you look at it. We didn't want to be surrounded by a lot of people so it was a positive for us. Since it's a family run hotel away from the main area, there is no free shuttle from the airport and some taxis may not know how to get there. So if you do book with them, print out a map and/or phone number so they can drop you off. If you want to go to the night market, they will provide tuk tuk service and call one of their contacts to come get you and drop you off for free.

As for the hotel itself it's pretty clean, quiet and comfortable. Air conditioning worked and I have no complaints about hot water, although I don't remember it being very hot by western standards. I stayed in the standard room and it was fine for me. While it was in a quieter part in town, there actually was a rooster next door that was making some noise during the day and there's a crazy lady across the street who sings loudly when she gets drunk, but those are things the hotel can't control and will change day to day.

Best asset of this hotel is the friendly staff, but that may be the case with me since I speak Lao. The owner is a nice woman who you'll see walking around taking care of daily maintenance. She chatted it up with my mom and told her how they know they can raise their price on rooms, but like to keep it affordable. The reception desk is run by her son who loves technology and will befriend you on facebook and/or skype if you have an account. There is free wifi, but reception is spotty and strongest in the restaurant in the back where you can sit for free. They'll even bring out water or orange tang for you too. In the mornings there's free breakfast which wasn't outstanding, but since it was free it was good.

Full disclosure - when I signed onto skype 2 months after my stay, the manager asked me to rate his hotel on here, which I am happy to do and recommend to others. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jsich
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I had a fantastic stay at the hotel and it was a great experience. Great service and Great food!!! I would tell everybody to go to this hotel if i could. Even though the internet was not that great, I didnt have a problem with it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Forks60859
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I would highly recommend going to Vangsavath hotel not only was the service excellent, but the food was unique and delicious. They offered generous proportions and the staff was helpful when I needed directions getting around town. For transportation they have free "Tuk Tuk's" (three wheel taxi’s) to take you around Luang Prabang. The Tuk Tuk was exhilarating because I’ve never been on anything like that before. There are motorcycles available as well if you prefer to travel alone. The exterior of the hotel is beautiful as well as the interior. Vangsavath has an exquisite garden and is one of my favorite places to read. It was peaceful and I love plants and animals. It was a little place I could go outside to clear my thoughts and enjoy a good book. The room I stayed in was gorgeous. When I stepped outside onto the balcony I viewed the beautiful scenery of mountains. I loved the Jacuzzi and bathtub. It was quaint yet relaxing. There is free wifi included in your stay which is convenient. Overall my stay at Vangsavath was terrific and I hope your stay will be as pleasant as mine.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family