“Asian hospitality”

Ranked #16 of 264 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Jakarta
“Asian hospitality”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed there for a week. Greeted warmly upon arrival by mother and son who own the hotel. After checked in, I wanted to go downtown, but unfortunately the next transportation from the hotel to downtown was 2 hours away. When the mom owner found out I had to wait 2 hours for the next scheduled transport, she immediately ordered the driver to take me downtown. Nice! The next day on breakfast, I kept getting food on my plate because the mom owner kept offering me food. Nice! Tea, coffee, water, bananas were available for free 24/7. Nice!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My friends and I stayed at Vangsavath Hotel in mid-December 2013.

One thing that we really appreciated was the hospitality shown by Paul and his mother, who were the owners. The staff were all extremely friendly,always smiling and treated us with much warmth.

We really liked how the staff would go out of the way to help us with our requests and always going the extra mile.

The hotel is also very clean and well-maintained, and Paul told us that a swimming pool would be completed on the premise in a year's time.

Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Vangsavath, and ended up extending our stay because we liked the city, and the hotel so much.

It is run by a mother and son team. The son speaks fantastic English, and has been our most friendly, helpful and engaged host in 6 months of travelling. The service level was fantastic, with all staff being attentive and helpful.

The room itself was nice and clean, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was basic, and more of a wet room, which seems to be standard in this part of Asia for this price. Not a hugely attractive bathroom, but a good power shower. (We saw a premium room, which had a more modern bathroom, but a perhaps impractical shower within the bath).

The communal areas were all good. The WiFi was strong, and their computers were free to use. The breakfast area is very pleasant. The breakfast eggs, french toast and pancakes are cooked fresh to order, and fresh bananas from the garden were always on offer.

Don't be put off by location! The hotel is slightly out of town, but they have free bicycles, which are perfect to explore the town, and a very convenient free shuttle tuktuk. It is also close to the local market, which is well worth a look around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The place was absolutely perfect for what I was looking for.... clean nice rooms, nice grounds and excellent dining (at least the breakfasts that I ate there). Paul and his mom provided the perfect flavor and couldn't be more friendly and hospitable.... price was very reasonable and you won't be disappointed... they wouldn't let you be!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Vangsavath Hotel in mid November 2013. What a welcome sight, after arriving from Bangkok! Paul and his staff were so welcoming and frendly, and really went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay.

The hotel is located about a mile from the main townsite / village, which ended up being a 5 minute shuttle or 15 minute bike ride. The location actually turned out to be a bit of a bonus, as we appreciated being away from the noise and activity. The rooms were clean and spacious; the delicious breakfast was served each morning in the outdoor courtyard setting, with something to meet every taste; and any information we needed to explore and enjoy our time in Luang Prabang was provided by Paul and his fantastic staff at a moments notice.

This hotel is a little gem, with a location, service, quality, and atmosphere that will let you truly relax and enjoy all that Luang Prabang and the wonderful people of Laos have to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Paul at front desk works incredibly hard to ensure you have a pleasant stay. All staff were polite, kind, considerate and seemed very cheerful which made it a really enjoyable place to stay. Room was clean and comfortable with a good tv and decent bathroom. Free hotel bus into town is great as it runs everyday from early morning to mid afternoon and early evening till late at night. Free good quality bikes is also a bonus.
It was very useful being able to get advise from front desk on places to go and the like - Paul's english is very good. The tours I arranged via the hotel saved me the hassle of sorting it myself and were cheaper than those advertised in town.
Overall it was the friendliest hotel I stayed in during my 3 months of travels. The service level was above that which I have received in UK hotels (I often stay in Hilton, Novotel and Radisson hotels with work). I would definitely stay at Vangsavath again.
Many thanks Deang and Paul for making my stay in Luang Prabang enjoyable and easy :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank An G
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have family to visited in Luang Prabang. We have many choice to accommodation then we choose the owner and staff doesn't give disappointment for our trip. We have enjoyed facilitate such bicycle, computer, banana, tea and coffee. The breakfast is the best hotel we can ate everything the hotel have food. and the hotel just 2 km away of the town but the hotel free shuttle bus to transfer to night. my family don't want to leave but we don't have so much time to live in Luang Prabang. definitely come back and stay at Vangsavath.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family