Vangsavath Hotel
$188
$158
$87
Trip.com
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$241
$74
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$93
$87
$380
$135
$82
Agoda.com
All reviewshis motherfree shuttletuk tuknight marketfamily hoteloffer freetown centrean excellent hoteldeluxe roomgreat place to staythe rooms were niceshuttle servicetea and coffeestay in luang prabangwould highly recommend this hoteleggs to orderoverlooking the garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Vangsavath, and ended up extending our stay because we liked the city, and the hotel so much.

It is run by a mother and son team. The son speaks fantastic English, and has been our most friendly, helpful and engaged host in 6 months of travelling. The service level was fantastic, with all staff being attentive and helpful.

The room itself was nice and clean, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was basic, and more of a wet room, which seems to be standard in this part of Asia for this price. Not a hugely attractive bathroom, but a good power shower. (We saw a premium room, which had a more modern bathroom, but a perhaps impractical shower within the bath).

The communal areas were all good. The WiFi was strong, and their computers were free to use. The breakfast area is very pleasant. The breakfast eggs, french toast and pancakes are cooked fresh to order, and fresh bananas from the garden were always on offer.

Don't be put off by location! The hotel is slightly out of town, but they have free bicycles, which are perfect to explore the town, and a very convenient free shuttle tuktuk. It is also close to the local market, which is well worth a look around.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The place was absolutely perfect for what I was looking for.... clean nice rooms, nice grounds and excellent dining (at least the breakfasts that I ate there). Paul and his mom provided the perfect flavor and couldn't be more friendly and hospitable.... price was very reasonable and you won't be disappointed... they wouldn't let you be!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Vangsavath Hotel in mid November 2013. What a welcome sight, after arriving from Bangkok! Paul and his staff were so welcoming and frendly, and really went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay.

The hotel is located about a mile from the main townsite / village, which ended up being a 5 minute shuttle or 15 minute bike ride. The location actually turned out to be a bit of a bonus, as we appreciated being away from the noise and activity. The rooms were clean and spacious; the delicious breakfast was served each morning in the outdoor courtyard setting, with something to meet every taste; and any information we needed to explore and enjoy our time in Luang Prabang was provided by Paul and his fantastic staff at a moments notice.

This hotel is a little gem, with a location, service, quality, and atmosphere that will let you truly relax and enjoy all that Luang Prabang and the wonderful people of Laos have to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Paul at front desk works incredibly hard to ensure you have a pleasant stay. All staff were polite, kind, considerate and seemed very cheerful which made it a really enjoyable place to stay. Room was clean and comfortable with a good tv and decent bathroom. Free hotel bus into town is great as it runs everyday from early morning to mid afternoon and early evening till late at night. Free good quality bikes is also a bonus.
It was very useful being able to get advise from front desk on places to go and the like - Paul's english is very good. The tours I arranged via the hotel saved me the hassle of sorting it myself and were cheaper than those advertised in town.
Overall it was the friendliest hotel I stayed in during my 3 months of travels. The service level was above that which I have received in UK hotels (I often stay in Hilton, Novotel and Radisson hotels with work). I would definitely stay at Vangsavath again.
Many thanks Deang and Paul for making my stay in Luang Prabang enjoyable and easy :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank An G
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have family to visited in Luang Prabang. We have many choice to accommodation then we choose the owner and staff doesn't give disappointment for our trip. We have enjoyed facilitate such bicycle, computer, banana, tea and coffee. The breakfast is the best hotel we can ate everything the hotel have food. and the hotel just 2 km away of the town but the hotel free shuttle bus to transfer to night. my family don't want to leave but we don't have so much time to live in Luang Prabang. definitely come back and stay at Vangsavath.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family