Luang Prabang Residence
MGallery
$107
$90
  • Breakfast included
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$241
$380
Villa Maydou(Luang Prabang)
$54
Agoda.com
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$63
$57
  • Breakfast included
Villa Ban Lakkham(Luang Prabang)
$30
$25
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmorning marketsmall lanesmall hotelboutique hotelsitting areagreat locationroyal palacenational museumfruit shakeslovely gardenbuffet breakfastold quarterair conthe riverreception areaa great place to staystayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2013

It’s only about 5 km from the airport to central Luang Prabang so we arrived quickly at our hotel, the “Luang Prabang Residence Boutique Villa” (e-mail info@prabangresidence.com) .It’s difficult applying a label to this very friendly lodging.It has only seven rooms, no swimming pool ,no bar or disco (which we don’t want anyway) so it isn’t a typical “hotel” .The rooms are very large, fully air-conditioned, with magnificent hardwood floors and rafters and ultra – modern bathrooms, electronic safes and excellent amenities, so it’s much too luxurious ( and too expensive!) to be labeled a “guest house” .I suppose “Villa” is the most appropriate label.
It’s located in central Luang Prabang. You can walk (20 minutes) to Wat Xieng Thong. Less than that to the Post office and about 5 minutes to myriad restaurants on the Mekhong river banks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paulboop
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I arrived yesterday evening : the taxi from airport didn't want to bring me at the hotel and leave me with my luggage at the entrance of the night market - very busy and with my luggage it has been a nighmare to move between goods exposed on the floor and customers. So it takes between 20 minutes or 30 minutes to reach the hotel and Streets are dark : in the website , they said it's closed to the market but they didn't speak about the awful walk with luggages to reach the hotel and about the dark narrow Streets. So this is a main default of this hotel , but not the only one.
- the staff doesn't speak English and the waiter had called me "sir" all the time and i am a woman. Impossible to discuss or communicate
- on the website , they are speaking about wifi availability but it doesn't work at all : it can't even display a Google page - the manager said it just arrived this morning and it's obviously wrong.
- the breakfast was also light and incredible : coffee but not fresh with the particular taste of coffee heated too long, fried eggs but completely fried at heart - i request a new plate but it was quite the same. So this breakfast was not good , and they can't even cook properly basic fried eggs, but also it wan not enough - because i was hungry and yesterday night there was no way i will get out for dinner in these narrow dark Streets.
- the room is sad and basic with a huge antic TV - flat screen never arrived here and amenities like shampoo and shower gel are proposed in tiny bottles : not enough for 1 person and it's supposed to be for 2 people. So take yours if you have the bad idea to come to this unprofessional hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our favourite hotel this trip. We stayed 2 nights when we first arrived in Luang Prabang and when we returned to Luang Prabang a week later we wished we could have stayed again but by then it was the high season and the prices had increased beyond our budget.

The rooms were clean and large with a roomy, well planned bathroom. Breakfast was perfect for us, and we particularly loved the Lao pancake made from sticky rice and coconut and their mixed fruit shakes.

The location is fantastic. Tucked away in a quiet lane off the main street, the morning market is right outside the gate. A short walk to lots of restaurants and things to do and see.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

room size is good. I had an upper floor room with two big windows facing a neighboring house. Frankly, I thought I booked another place by the river (my mistake) and was kinda shocked when the van pulled up to a dark alley.

The water pressure is a joke.

The place was converted from a traditional house and adjacent to a wat. No swimming pool and only had 7 rooms. Clean and tidy.

I have no complaints with the location whatsoever. 50m away was the night market. in the morning, there were street vendors selling a variety of goods from live frogs to packaged food. The noise wasn't excessive and tolerable.

If you book this place, make sure you clarify the airport transfer. i booked via a-go-duh. I never received a confirmation a driver would pick me up. Upon arrival, saw a driver with a piece of paper with my name on it. I was like, "cool." But what I didn't know the ride from the airport to the hotel would cost $10USD.

I do have to praise the hotel in not hosting a buffet breakfast to reduce food wastage. You order what you want and they'll cook to order.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wilson C
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a small hotel in a side road from the 'tourist Street'. The hotel itself is very nice, but small.
The location is wonderful, the local market opens up in the morning immediately in front of the hotel. this makes the coming and going a bit awkward, but people are very friendly and do all they can to make way for you or help you if you have big luggage!
Breakfast can be abit boring if you stay a week or more, but we topped it up with local cakes from the market, and around the corner, in the big street, there are wonderful bakeries.
At night the foodstreet is just one block away, and both the rivers are a short walk further.
Sunset on the small river, the Nam Kan is just wonderful!! The restaurants flankingit serve quite good food too!!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite and were quite happy with it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple