“one of my best experience in all my travells”

Luang Prabang Backpackers Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Backpackers Hostel
Reviewed December 9, 2010

It was my first experience in laos and i couldn't ask for anything better.The hostel it's amazing mostlly because of the amazing stuff and atmosphere,clean,really cheap,well situated.We got free pick up from the bus station and luckelly for us the lovelly mister Shampoo was celebrating 5 mounths of BP hostel so we enjoyd an amazig night out with all the guests and the man himself(and this happends every mounth:) ).It's a great place if your travelling alone as well if you're travelling with friend,very cozy,small and they make you feel at home,away from home in a big happy and wonderfull familly.
It's a must if you are in luang prabang :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andreea24
There are newer reviews for Luang Prabang Backpackers Hostel

Reviewed December 9, 2010

If you like to rest, be comfortable and enjoy the style of LP, probably not the place for you. If you want to party, tube, drink, smoke and drink cocktails, it is a good place for that...that was at least our experience...the quality of the rooms is not good, the service and the owner are ery friendy, though somewhat too relaxed..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank nocturne27p
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I made a reservation for this hostel for five nights.I send an email from Vientiane to confirm my arrival by bus -6 P.M November 13, 2010.They answered that is possible to pick me up from the bus station.It was a little accident with the bus ,a mirror broken, but it was necessary to wait on the road to come the police.I arrived at 9 P.M. in Luang Prabang and I spend a lot of money for a tuk-tuk.Anybody knows where is this hostel.It is a little house very tiny.So, it was a long trip looking for it. When I arrived the receptionest told that my single room is sold out because it is late for check-in.He tried to forced me to stay with others girls in a bedroom but it was too much for me.It was necessary to go with this boy, from the reception, in a car to make another long tour in Luang Prabang looking for a room.In Laos it is not allowed for a tourist to stay without check-in after midnight.The police said that, not me.This boy refused to cancel my booking and to give my money back, my credit card was charged.I lost a lot of money.,I was punished because the bus arrived later.
I had a little chance to obtain a room in Visoun Namsok Hotel.I wait here the owner of this hostel to contact me to give my money back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank LELIA B
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Its a small hostel with some rooms downstairs and upstairs. I was in the upper 8-bed room. The door was a bit narrow, so I could just squeeze in with my backpack. The room was very clean and had a balcony. No lockers in room. Small lockers downstairs, bring own padlock or buy one nextdoor.
Except for the owner not many of the staff spoke english. They are all studying it though, give it a year or so.
After hearing all the good stories about mr. Shampoo, I expected more. We took a trip to the gorgeous Kwan Si waterfalls, but he didnt go with us as a guide, just drove us there. And when I left to the airport he offered a ride. As I came at the airport he charged 23000 kip for it, while by street tuktuk it was only 10000 kip. Bit disappointing.
Still recommend this place because its clean, cheap, in walking distance to most sightseeings and everyone is very friendly.
Met a whole lot of fun people and went to Utopia every night ( so good!) go there for dinner or to chill out, play games or volleyball :)

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Sora-R
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This hostel is operated by Mr.Shampoo, a really good guy. While the hostel itself is nothing special (it's clean and you have enough space, so all you need), Shampoo makes your stay out of the ordinary. He's really interested in giving his guests a good time. He went with us to a local disco, helped us taking part in the lao new year celebrations, held a bacai-ceremony for us, organized a really good pick nick at the waterfall for us at a really reasonable price and took care of all other needs. He speaks a good english and is always open for suggestions and critism.
Part of his family is leaving next door and they are also very nice people. I stayed for 7 days at the hostel and in that time they really integrated me into the family. They gave me food, beer, taught me lao card games, brought me to private parties...

Definitely one of the better places to stay in SEA and at a reasonable price for Luang Prabang, as most guesthouses cost a lot more than 5$/night!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank hmmwv
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Thank you so much for letting me stay over Lao New Year (Songkran). I had the best time ever at Luang Prabang Hostel. I loved the fact that Mr Shampoo made sure I did not get ripped off, e.g. the tuk tuk driver got paid twice when i went on my elephant ride. I happened to mention I had paid him aswell and by the time I got back from Kwangsi waterfall, Mr Shampoo hunted him down and got me my money back! Not only this, but the service was amazing- I handed laundry in before going to sleep and by the time I was up, it was washed, and dried ready for me. We also went tubing for free and spent days on Mr Shampoo's truck for no cost! The atmosphere in this hostel is brilliant, even when it can get hot - but the positives definitely weighed up for me. The fact that Mr Shampoo put people up in his own home when people were stranded over Lao New Year, I thought was a lovely touch. I enjoyed staying here so much, I decided to make the banners for the parade, which are hopefully being used now!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo