“Beautiful, charming, hotel in an excellent location”

The BelleRive Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful, charming, hotel in an excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The BelleRive is a really special place. What I loved about the BelleRive:
1. The hotel is small, but very charming, clean, and beautifully-decorated. We stayed in their standard (cheapest) room, and even the standard room was spacious, comfortable, and had a great view of the Mekong.
2. The hotel is in a very central location. It is a quick walk to nearby restaurants, stores, and spas.
3. The breakfast was delicious, with excellent Laotian or Western selection. You can enjoy it on a private deck overlooking the river.
4. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
5. The room rates were very reasonable for the time I traveled there. Definite value for money.
Though there seem to be many quaint boutique hotels in LPB, I wouldn't even bother trying other places. Do stay at the BelleRive.

Room Tip: All rooms face the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Belle Rive early July this year and it was a wonderful experience. I picked the location because it's in the more quiet part of the Luang Prabang Unesco heritage area. Opposite the street is the terrace and the Mekong river with great views from the balconies. The Tamarind suite I stayed in is in one of the three buildings where the reception can be found too. The suite was amazing and beautifully restored in the French colonial style. Very tastefully decorated and well equipped. I spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony watching street life pass by enjoying a drink or some fruit.
The owner Ell is a very friendly lady and a great host and so is the rest of the staff. Very helpful and always smiling. The day that I arrived she invited me and a few other guests to a complementary Mekong river cruise in a traditional long boat and enjoy a glass or two of wine. This was the perfect welcome after a day of travelling.
If you've decided staying at the Belle Rive, have a delicious breakfast at the terrace. I do miss those a lot and will definitely return to the hotel whenever I'm going back to Luang Prabang!

Room Tip: Try and book the Tamarind suite with two levels. The balcony is great with the best view over the Me...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maarten R R
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here last April. From the moment we arrived, the operative word was serenity. The remarkable crew of young staffers took care of every need and always with a genuine smile. The location is perfect, just off the main street by three blocks or so, and close to the most interesting temple complex. The hotel is composed of several small buildings of varied proportion, so we cannot vouch for the different kind of rooms. But we stayed in a corner suite that was large enough to provide comfortable down time, but also felt cozy (not small) at the same time. The large windows looked out on the street and across to the river, making for excellent views at all times from all angles. A word of caution for those that perhaps wish to avoid stairs, the bedroom in the corner suite is a loft-like situation, and some stairs are required to get to it (and to come down if the facilities are needed during the night). The suite had lots of hardwoods, fresh paint, and was nice and bright -- a very comfortable place to call your own for a few days. As for the hotel, the staff are always ready to assist, from the young lady working the desk, to the kitchen and room staff--they can't do enough, so just ask. One of the highlights is the private terrace that is a few feet below the public terrace--across the street from the hotel. Here is a place to sit at any time of the day, but the sunsets can be just lovely in the evening on this terrace. And you can order any food and drink you like and have it brought to you--the good life in relaxing Luang Prabang. A very nice touch the hotel provides is a complimentary 1 hour sunset cruise on the river for just your party (at least it was just for ours when we went). Don't miss this. The boat's owner and operator Saleemsa and his lovely wife are a winning young couple and make for charming hosts for this river cruise. If you like the 1 hour ride, you can negotiate a longer ride for another time directly with Saleemsa, or by using the desk manager at the hotel as a go-between. Negotiate, it is expected. There were no hiccups of any kind during our stay, and the only problem with it is that we had to leave! And when we did, the staff on duty all came outside and lined up and waved to us as we were leaving. It was touching. We can't wait to go back, for the excellent service with a smile, the good breakfasts, the ever-present assistance, and most of all--the feel of peace and serenity--among friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GaryAW
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Really cozy familiar feel! I don't know how many rooms they have in total but apparently few enough to really pay attention to each guest individually. I am in Bangkok regularly for up to two month at the time and hence have to do a visa-run once in a while. I used to go to Angkor or Yangon but got tired of it, tourism has been exploding in both locations recently. So I decided to give Luang Prabang a shot At arrival I was warmly welcomed and already expected. After having rested for a while I was ready to explore the City for which I was offered a bike for free, which I kindly denied though. However, I kind of felt complimented and was happy to return a couple of hours later for dinner on their amazing terrace right by the Mekong River. The food was quite good and I really enjoyed the atmosphere watching the Sunset. To the rooms, the beds were really comfortable which I especially noticed the next morning not having an acing back which I normally do unfortunately. The furniture and deco was nicely picked, too. Finally, I really felt pampered throughout my stay, nothing in particular, just little gestures here and there that made me really feel welcome. I guess that is the biggest difference to bigger hotels where you tend to be well treated but in the end you are a number to them rather then a name. Glad to have found a nice place for a visa run; they used to annoy me, now I am actually kind of looking forward to the next one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

First of all, I just have to applaud the superbly compassionate staff and management! It seemed they knew what we desired before we did. I recently stayed here with my girlfriend for 5 nights, we took advantage of the offer of getting the 5th night for free, I don't know whether that might be seasonal though. However, I feel like we really "needed" each day to fully explore the surrounding (ask to use the bikes, it is free and a great way to explore the area with greater reach then on foot but more individual possibilities then being on a tour or in a taxi!). At the end of each day we always made sure to be back for sunset by the river. The restaurant on the terrace is directly by the river and has this special, very peaceful atmosphere to indulge in. The food (we stuck to regional food although they offer international cousin as well) was quite the treat and very reasonably priced as far as I can judge. I might add here that I always love to go for the freshly made fruit juices since they are hardly affordable if even available at this freshness in Europe! Imported soft-drinks and imported beer is about the same price (still cheaper then at home, though) but them I can get any day.
The hotel itself I love for its attention to detail! The wooden floors, the lightning and carefully collected furniture match perfectly and create a very cosy atmosphere to lay back after an adventurous but exhausting day checking out Luang Prabang. Also, what added to this was that the beds and linens were probably among the most comfortable I ever slept in even though I stayed the Millennium Hilton in Bangkok for the week before that and various other 5 and 6 star Hotels throughout the years. I love to treat myself from time to time, to be honest when booking I did not expect this stay to be an truly exceptional because the bill was not! HOwever, it turned out to be exactly that! I am sure to return whenever the chance arises, thanks again to all the staff for this experience!

1 Thank Egal0815
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Belle Rive is a charming little hotel overlooking the Mekong River. Staff is very helpful, room is lovely, breakfast is good. The terrace is the perfect spot to drink a toast to this beautiful place. Highly recommend!

1 Thank Chris H
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just returned from a short stay at BelleRive: Friendly and helpful staff, quick check-in. Clean, modern and quiet room with everything a traveller needs to feel comfortable. Breakfast at the Terrace overlooking the Mekong river is delicious with a good selection- a highlight of the stay. Complimentary bikes keep you mobile and fit. Highly recommended for honeymooners, couples and single travellers who wish to travel in style

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo