“Great place for a nightcap”

Blue Lagoon Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 208 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blue Lagoon Restaurant serve a little of everything. We serve Luang Prabang Speciality, Asian dishes, Pasta and also European food
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We called in for a drink after dinner and the night markets. Cocktails were good, the house wine not great but cheap and service warm, friendly and great

There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Restaurant

Reviewed August 29, 2013

After 4 weeks of rice we felt like a change , so when we saw this well patronised restaurant we decided to take a chance . We have so often been disappointed in Asia when small restaurants try to tackle a European menu. I must say Blue Lagoon was very good.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I might be easily impressionable because I don't usually frequent gourmet restaurants or places that focus more on presentation than authenticity. But a fellow traveler highly recommended the Blue Lagoon and we paid them a visit for dinner. I have to admit that it was the best meal I had in our 5 days in LP. The presentation was excellent but the service outstanding. They start you off with a warm baguette with some blended butter on the side and follow that with a taste of a soup in a small glass (I'm sure there's a fancy name to that but I've already fessed up that I don't frequent these type joints). The entries we ordered were also excellent in taste and presentation. Yes, I have to admit that it was a little more than others in town but I felt that we did get enough bang for our Kips. Too bad that was our last night in LP.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Delightful restaurant right in the centre of town
Food was delicious and the service exemplary.
Particularly liked the complimentary soup and the cheerful banter with the executive chef at the end of our meal.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant as it was recommended and whilst the food was very good I think it is a little over priced compared to the other restaurants in the town. A nice place maybe for a special occasion.