“More food poisoning”

Blue Lagoon Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 201 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blue Lagoon Restaurant serve a little of everything. We serve Luang Prabang Speciality, Asian dishes, Pasta and also European food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“More food poisoning”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My girlfriend got food poisoning here after eating the creamy bacon pasta with apple mash (not sure of the actual name) and was sick the next full day with food poisoning. We were a little skeptical about going here after reading some of the other reviews about food poisoning, but still wanted to go due to the mostly positive feedback. In hindsight I would just try somewhere else. I'm just glad our itinerary wasn't that tight. The service was good and the food was tasty, but nothing outstanding.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Recommended, Great Meal”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

On the downtown side of the royal palace serving a mix of western and asian dishes. Location was recommended to me by other travelers and did not disappoint. Wished I was hungrier when I visited. Priced a bit above the regular restaurant in LP more reasonable than the other elite type options, it was well worth it and still a bargain for any westerner.

Service was attentive throughout, owner was visible and made the rounds to say hello to all tables. food was well presented and very tasty. Meal begins with amuse bouche and bread with herbed butter

• Visited January 2013
Pontevedra, Spain
“when europe met laos”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amazing service and excepcional local and western fare. I had eggplant rolls as starter and mixed of luang prabang specialities as main, with lemongrass and honey ginger sorbet. My girlfriend went for western food and ordered bruchetta, cordon bleu and panna cotta. Being my girlfriend swiss, she said it was one of the best cordon bleu in her life. With drinks and coffees we paid $60. You get 5 star restaurant for a great price.

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a fab meal at the Blue Lagoon. Our choice was from the Laotian section. The food was a feast, beautifully spiced. Service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. We appreciated the owner visiting each table to engage with customers

Brooklyn, NY
“So pretentious it made eating uncomfortable”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food was probably good enough, but with so many hovering waiters and unnecessary goblets and silverware, and European tourists everywhere, it made eating an embarrassment. e couldn't wait to get out of there. Head for a more regular spot along the river. It's nice to be able to breathe while eating.

• Visited January 2013
BLRL, Manager at Blue Lagoon Restaurant, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Deborah R

Wow…
When you said the food was probably good means you had eaten at Blue Lagoon ? or just walking pass and give us a judgment ? Luang Prabang is popular for tourist and every restaurant in Luang Prabang are living from tourist. We are trying our best to give a best service to our customers and be sure to have enough service staff to our customer’s satisfaction, at the same time Blue Lagoon is the only one of very few place which give training to the staff, both in Service and Kitchen. I believe of giving a chance to my people to learn something and maybe could use for their future

Blue Lagoon restaurant divided in 4 different sections and each section has very different ambience, We have Terrace which suitable for people who like to eat and watching the world goround, We have Inside seating looking at the Water Lily pond as well The Garden where people seats under the Palm trees, Any station contain 8-9 tables with 4-5 waiter staff, Is that a lot of Waiter staff you said ?

If you really had eaten at Blue Lagoon I am really sure that you will experience very different things I do not really believe because of we have too many waiter staff will be nought reason to judged us with 1point ?

I will be very pleased to see your return for a real dinning at Blue Lagoon. I will make sure that your really visit of Blue Lagoon will be very different then just passing by

Your sincerely