“Best meals we had”

Blue Lagoon Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 220 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blue Lagoon Restaurant serve a little of everything. We serve Luang Prabang Speciality, Asian dishes, Pasta and also European food
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We ordinarily like to try out different places each night, but had such a positive experience that we returned for another dinner. Nice folks, solid menu, if a bit schizy: half Lao, half central European, but all good. Try the local sausage.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We arrived to LP and it was our 1st destination for dinner. We were disappointed. The local beef fillet we ordered was not well cooked. The other main course, same, not so well-prepared.
Staff? As usual in Laos, not well trained, in fact they do not care. We had expected better for a first restaurant especially recommended by travelers.
Conclusion, sometimes it's better to follow your proper feeling rather than recommendations.

1  Thank Elma N
BLRL, Manager at Blue Lagoon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Elma N

Thank you very much of your contribution and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy being with us. It could happen that the food at Blue Lagoon is not match to your taste, but why you were not honest to report that to us directly, I would be very appreciated if you could report that to me or our supervisors who are always there, so you would enjoy being with us like hundreds of Customers who dined at Blue Lagoon and they were very satisfy ( See our Guest review ).
I hope to see your return, I will make sure that your visit to Blue Lagoon next time will be positive visit

Your Sincerely

Chef

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had dinner on night based on local and published reviews, but left feeling rather disappointed. The local beef fillet we ordered to be medium came out well done, tough and dry and under-seasoned. The other main course, the beef roll stuffed with parma ham and figs with side of spaetzli was a little better, but still under-seasoned and a little dry. The waiting staff really did not appear to know what to do when customers sat down and looked lost until a supervisor/captain took command. Maybe this was an off-night or just one of those things, but we had expected better. Decided to have dessert elsewhere as a result. The setting is nice and the location excellent near the National Museum, so it is still worth a try and I hope it will be better.

1  Thank CPSBangkok
BLRL, Manager at Blue Lagoon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear CPSBangkok

Thank you very much of your contribution, We were very please to welcome you to Blue Lagoon Restaurant and were very happy to have a chance to host you.
I am pleased to make it clear to our readers that this night you had ordered:
Beef Role, Beef Fillet, Fish Tom Yum, Gordon Bleu, Papaya Soup and an Eggplant Role

When I as a Chef came out to greet my Customers I also had a chance to meet you and you were just to start the meal, when I looked at you, I feel something were wrong so I first went to you and asked if everything were going well, you said the meat was tough and dry ( I had tried the meat, it was cooked Medium as a local quality of meat ) I asked you if you would like to change it to something else I had choose Beef role like one of the person had ordered at your table. I had replaced you the Beefrole instead of Beef Fillet and took out the Beef Fillet out of your Bill, I also had apologize myself which cause to you an inconvenience.

Blue Lagoon is one of the few hospitality place which give training to our staff both in Kitchen and Service

Now you see that we had done our best to please to our customers and we will continue doing it so

Your Sincerely

Chef

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place was really an accidental find for us. We were pleasantly surprised at the level of service, complimentary warm bread with herb butter, water and mini-soup.
The food was delicious and it's a handy location too.
(Don't go to the family "spa" just couple of doors down from it. It's a bit of a tourist trap and completely unhygienic.)

1  Thank GaticaNera
Reviewed October 15, 2012

great food and atmosphere - the owner/chef came to talk to us and he was very interesting about luang prabang - added to the evening

1  Thank judith k