“Best night out in Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hive Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Hive Bar & Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Totnes
“Best night out in Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We really were not sure what to expect here.
What a surprise!!!
The food was great and the beer COLD. Ad the music .... WOW!!!
The nightly fashion show displayed the different traditional and modern hilltribe costumes and the smiling models were fabulous. The break dance show was just amazing.
I can not recommend this place enough. If you are lucky enough to make it to Luang Prabang then don't miss this place.
Our 13 year old boy loved it as much as us.
Beautiful garden and art instalments.
I could go on and on about this place. Find out for yourself.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 5joemoon
Cristofre, Owner at Hive Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review of hive. We don’t want to be the best kept secret in Luang Prabang but we always love hearing customers express their positive surprise with their experience with us. We hope you and your family come back to visit us again soon.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Winnipeg, Canada
“Hive Bar & Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have alot to say but only have 100 words. I will try a P2 if I can. I went to L.P. to visit friends & I was there over a week. I visited the Hive almost everyday, day & evenings. The atmosphere is very good due to the friendly staff & the owner, Troy, is from Canada too, & we had alot in common. The daily fashion show is more for the ladies whereas I really enjoyed the Hip/Hop(break dancing) where these kids are amazingly talented; especially the one who was doing move/jumps using only 1 hand. The food is Asian & Western. I like Asian but I REALLY liked their SMOKED meat menu. I mean hamburger, bacon, pulled pork, ribs, etc. Troy custom built their SMOKER. He has a restaurant background & changed the menu when he took over last fall.
One day I met a lady there and another day I met a boat capt there. I will try a P2; its really good.

• Visited January 2013
It was great having you visit hive. We always love seeing fellow Canadians. Too bad tripadvisor didn’t give you 200 words. Glad you enjoyed the food so much. We are very proud to be able to offer a truly unique product in Luang Prabang – we are the only restaurant in town offering ribs, burgers, fish, and chicken that is smoked in house using local hardwoods. It takes a lot of work but we think it is worth it.
Lamai Beach, Thailand
“Great food, drinks & entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Greeted by the 2 owners, Peter & Troy. They showed us around the property with 2 outside seating areas & 1 inside. The garden area @ the back has a large stage with walkway on side of it. 3-4 times a week they have a Ethnick Fashion show with over 20 local girls displaying the attire of laotian people going back 1000 years. Over 6 complete costume changes, starting with the early tribal apparel & ending with modern day, they even portray a traditional wedding. Everything was professionaly done & is nice that they offer some employment to so many young girls which are all students. The show ends up with young boys doing a hip-hop/break dance show. We had drinks & ate there also. Food was great, had the Mekong Rib, could not finish was so big. Nice setting, great cocktails & good food. We highly recommend The Hive

• Visited April 2012
Cristofre, Owner at Hive Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thanks Stevie! We are proud of the support we give to our employees that work so hard to entertain our customers. For the ethnic fashion show we employee 23 local university students and 12 young men for the hip hop show. Although they may only perform for one hour in the evening we provide them a full days wage. We are happy when we receive feedback such as yours. It tells us that it is all worth it. We know that both our food and nightly entertainment are unique in Luang Prabang. Hope to see you again some day.
Jena, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“so tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

i was not only one evening in the hive bar and so i had enough chance to try more meals. and all what i eat was very good. my favorite is the pull pork sandwich. I love the smokemeat. it is made by love. i liked to eat a good food and enjoy inthis time the fashionshow. And the prise is for this food very well.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you loved the pulled pork sandwich. It is one of our best selling food menu items at hive and lots of people coming back the next day to have another one. Personally I can eat them almost everyday. They are great with a cold beer!
Rochester, MN
“Fun night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We decided to go to the Hive Bar to enjoy the Ethnik Fashion Show, which was indeed a treat! The food was good, but we decided to try other Luang Prabang restaurants as well.

Visited January 2013