“Unique Enjoyable and Fun”
Review of Lao Lao Garden!

Lao Lao Garden!
Ranked #55 of 226 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We open every day from 8 am to 11.30 pm
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is not a restaurant I would normally choose to go to. It is really kitchy, and usually that means the food is going to suck. But I had a good time. It was lively, service was quick, and I had a good experience. It was a memorable stop. I wouldn't make a point of specifically going here, but since it is on the party side of LP, if you are going out for drinks and want somewhere on this side to eat, I would definitely recommend the Lao Lao Garden.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and food and portions are great. They offer a good menu outside of the BBQ and an effort has been made too make a nice atmospheric garden. They also combine lao food preparation techniques into western food. I.e ground chicken burgers.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Two days hospitalised afterwards have not been worth the bbq.. It started about two hours after our dinner and it took me 4 days to recover totally.

I met other travellers who told me exactly the same, I hope they will write something down here, too.

1  Thank Katharina S
Reviewed October 30, 2013

By far one of the most nicest places to have a drink and dinner. The ambiance is amazing, very romantic and the staff super friendly and great service. It's definitely a must to visit at night when all the lights in the garden come to live, it's like a surreal wonderland you never want to leave! There are also cats that come sit with you and try to steal your food. You aren't supposed to feed them but we snuck them some chicken and became their best friend. If you visit be sure to call the ginger tiger cat by the name 'Tuk Tuk'. The food was delicious, highly recommend the Pad Thai and BBQ chicken sticks with dipping sauce. They also do a yummy veggie fried rice! Price isn't the cheapest in town but I would rather pay for quality and to be in paradise while you dine.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The garden-like atmosphere, with candle lit tables, is the real draw here, and I would highly recommended this restaurant as a relatively quiet place to get dinner and drinks with friends. I had a water buffalo 'garden burger' and fries, which were quite good (45,000 Kip). The food and prices are in line with most of the mid-range restaurants in the area, and they also have a number of budget options(19,000 Kip) for those worried about their finaces. The service was a bit slow and inattentive, even by Laotian standards, but everyone was friendly enough.