“Excellent food!”

Dyen Sabai Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 208 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dyen Sabai offers Lao typical food. From November to August, we offer breakfast. We also have a nice selection of desert (foreigner sweet.. sorry the Laotians don't eat that much sweet!!) We also, have happy hour from noon to 7 pm, 2 cocktails for the price of one, on selected cocktails. You can reach us with a bamboo bridge (in dry season) (there is a fee for the bamboo bridge of 5,000 kips from 8 am to 8 pm, after this the bamboo bridge is free). We also do free boat from noon to closing when the bamboo bridge is not there (rainy season only)
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place is fabulous! Staff and place is great. Food was so amazing! Loved that fondue and chocolate dessert. And next day I had to go there again. It is little bit pricey, but really worth for every penny. In my country I had to pay so much to get food like this. I will miss this place.

2  Thank Susarope
There are newer reviews for Dyen Sabai Restaurant

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tempted by the happy hour cocktails my friend and I rode over the old bridge and with minimal trouble, given my appalling sense of direction, found Dyen Sabai. We had been out all day on the bike on rough roads and a drink, or two, was deemed essential.

Cheap cocktails often disappoint. Not here. The lime mojitos were great. We lounged on the deck and watched the river and the sunset. A second round was required and we sadly rode home.

But this was too good not to go back and the next night saw us again sipping cocktails, this time we also ate. The meat "fondue" more steamboat I thought but what the hell it was delicious.

We chatted to the people next to us, and chatted and drank and drank and chatted and then crossed the, not so rickety, bridge across the river.

The food was excellent, a limited menu, which I find reassuring, some dishes done well are better than a 100 done okay. The staff were friendly and helpful and service excellent.

If I lived in Luang Prabang I'd be there most evenings so it's just as well I don't.

For a relaxing evening of food drink and conversation this place can't be beaten.

Trip advisor say include don't likes in your review. Okay I don't like that there is not a Dyen Sabai in Lampang.

3  Thank Jirob
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place close to our guesthouse just outside the center.
We had a separate hut with pillows on the floor and ordered an appetizer and the fondue with fish. Really delicious.
Relaxing music, beautiful candlelight and good service. A must see!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great place...once you negotiate the ricketty bamboo bridge ! Oh...and its even more fun going back across it in the dark after your meal ! We had a separate hut which seated 4, and the meal was good - authentic Laos dishes washed down with local cocktails and beer. Nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful setting, peaceful, quiet, great local dishes the eggplant dip is amazing. Prices are very reasonable, food full of flavour, beautiful presentation but do take the deet spray if dining around sunset. We ate here twice and would absolutely return. Well worth the visit!