“Great food & reasonable prices”
Review of Un Petit Nid

Un Petit Nid
Ranked #119 of 212 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We have had a number of very enjoyable meals here - both lunch & dinner. The Lao dishes were great.

It has a nice feel about it with an open kitchen and most tables look on to the street.

Our lunch for three people without any wine was 203,000 Kip or A$25 which was good value for the presentation & level of service.

It has a back section, divided by bookshelves filled with wine bottles & books where larger groups are placed so they do not bother the rest of the patrons.

Nice outdoor seating in the front & on the side..

1  Thank David_Albert_Park

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Must try deep fried pork wrapped round lemon grass - an appetizer . It's the best we
had in Luang Prabang.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I liked this place generally and the staff were very well-meaning and kind, but in short, everything suffered from extreme incompetence. We ordered our food at 19:15, and were served at 20:45. It's hard to describe the trouble we had in just having salads delivered. The food was not comparable in quality to some of the basic river-side restaurants.

The management of this nice little place needs to take a very hard look at: size of kitchen and ability to handle 50 seats, low numbers of wait staff and their training, complete lack of staff assigned to clear tables and wash dishes, etc.

Reviewed December 19, 2009

I am a vegeterian who also suffers two food allergies which are nuts and oddly I am told soya. I attended this restaurant with a party of 12 other persons none of whom has any allergies. I was delighted with the special attention the manager and his staff paid to my needs. At very short notice they prepared a a delightful "risk" free three course meal especially for me. The wondeful thing was that I did not have to wait any additional time and was therefore able to save my colleagues from their concerns of eating without me.
A delightful restaurant with very proffesional staff.
The library is a within the restaurant provides a wonderful opportunity for contemplative restoration whilst enjoying the special soothing delight of fresh coffee.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

I visited this restaurant 3 times . The menu caters for Loa/Thai and Western cruisine. Lao food a speciality. The bar has a wide range of drinks and an unusual addition to the restaurant is a small library. The resaurant is situated in the main St only 5min walk to the riverside road.The kitchen is open plan,so you can watch the chefs preparing your meal in first class hygienic conditions. I got to know some of the staff and all are well trained in their various positions. They are very friendly and most speak English and like to talk to the customers. They can also recommend guest houses within walking distance. As with all restaurants the meals vary in price and you choose one to suit your taste and budget. Average price about $6 usa. My second visit to LP. Ray King New Zealand.

1  Thank Rayko