MyLaoHome Xayana Guesthouse
$107
$87
$74
  • Breakfast included
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$222
$73
$87
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
$377
Satri House(Luang Prabang)
$129
$124
$298
$119
$64
$86
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$73
$68
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Pre-arranged airport pickup did not turn up. Staff were friendly but often absent. Room had dirty walls. No toilet seat. Another said dorm room needed fumigation. Over the road is better although more expensive

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Xayana Guesthouse for 3 nights, 13th February to 16th February.

The beds were large and comfortable. I would have preferred a place to store my bag in the room but there were lockers elsewhere in the hostel. The one downside to the dorm was that the toilet and shower facilities smelled horrible. The hostel is very well situated for getting around Luang Prubang and is near Joma Cafe for lovely (although expensive) breakfasts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

When I arrived in Luang Prabang, the entire place was booked up and this was the only bed I could find. It's not mind-blowing, but it's fairly cheap and is clean and good enough to service a couple of nights. The A/C is frosty, bathrooms clean, etc. It's not a problem for me, but these rooms are the size of a shoe box and when drunk Aussie gap year skanks come in screaming at 3 AM it's not so easy to ignore it. But if you're just looking for some place to throw your stuff and get a few hours of sleep every night, it's just fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hostel as it claimed to have 24 hour security and as my bus arrived at 4am I called ahead to check I could get in to my bed as soon as I arrived. I was assured I would.

On arrival I found NO security, I waited outside until 5:30am before anyone appeared. Not good after a 15 hour bus journey. I was then told the hostel was full and I had to wait until 8am to see if anyone checked out. LIES. My bed was empty, they just couldn't be less helpful. After a while of literally forcing the guy to search for the bed I had booked and paid for I eventually got to bed.

This left a sour taste for the rest of my stay and sadly the service did not improve. The rooms are clean, beds are big and comfortable. Bathrooms however smell very bad and subsequently the rooms smell of this.

The main chill out area is very rarely cleaned, beer bottles from the night before remain on the tables all day whilst staff just sit staring at them.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I can only agree with other reviews that this place is adequate for what you pay but they aren't organized at all. You pay in advance and when you check in they say they never received your money, or if you agreed / reserved a certain bed they have given that away when you arrive.
It's just little things which I guess you just have to accept as in the end the location is great and it has a nice outdoor area to sit and chat to other travelers, use the wifi and have a drink.
The area is quiet and the street has a nice vibe so it's worth the little mishaps in their organisational skills!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo