MyLaoHome Xayana Guesthouse
$188
$158
$87
Trip.com
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$93
$87
Agoda.com
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$241
$74
$380
$135
$82
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I really liked this hostel - it was clean, comfortable, secure and excellent value for money. It was also a good place to meet other travellers - I met some friendly people there, who I enjoyed spending time with in Laos. It was also in a very good location, close to the river, several tourist attractions, and the night market. The only thing I didn't like about the hostel was that they charged a lot to use the safety deposit boxes - as much as the cost of a room!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Hannah K
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in August 2012, And can't really complain too much. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, each dorm had 2 toilets and 2 showers, great value at 35000 Kip per night. The staff were hospitable although there were no keys issued so when you want to go to the room you have to get somebody to let you in which is a bit of a pain. They also have a safe behind reception which was handy. Great social atmosphere, met many other travellers to hang out with; the friendliest place I stayed on my visit to Laos. Also in a great location close to the night market. A big downside is that there is a midnight curfew and if you come back later and the dorm is locked then tough, this happened to a friend but fortunatley there was a spare bed in our dorm for her!! Another downside was that the towels they gave us were a little damp and smelt a bit funky - fortunatley I had brought my own! If you are looking for a cheap and social place to stay in the centre of Luang Prabang then I would highly reccomend this place - also, check out the bakery just around the corner!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank swilding
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent 3 days in Luang Prabang. We arrived late in the night, so we booked before a double deluxe for 12$ per night. When we arrived the double deluxe wasn't available, so they gived us a standard one. Anyway, even if there was this problem, the sfaff was very gentle and the morning after the owner come to us, apologizing and offering a better accomodation in other hotel (expensive one) for the same price we paid.
Finally we decided to remain in the standard one and they gave us back the difference between standard and deluxe.
The hotel is Ok, maybe you can find something better if you've got time to walk around, but for the budget, the location and the sfaff, we can for sure suggest it.
The rooms ar simple, clean, with aircon, fan and hot water. Wifi available in the lobby (and in some rooms)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeoTuli
Reviewed July 24, 2012

They label it as "X3 (cube) capsules". At 35,000 kip/night, I personally find it fantastic. There are 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets in each dorm room that has 8 beds. With that price I have no fussy comments about the bathrooms. It's livable. :)

The reception frontliners are extremely polite, friendly and well-versed in English. (Note: a few, not all of them. Gd luck.)

The location is superb, just within walking distance to the infamous night market (5 min) and Mekong river (2 min).

They provide clean towels every day. One setback is the internet. You can only surf the net f you're at the main reception area, which is an open courtyard, nice place to bond with others. :) Also, please bring your own clothesline because with the rainy season and all, it was quite a challenge to dry my clothes. :(

I also had the opportunity to stay 1 night at the 4-pax bedroom. It was huge, 2 singles and 1 double, with balcony facing the street. I don't really fancy the bathroom though. But it was ok. Still, no ill feelings because throughout my entire time I did not see any insects and pesky/disgusting night crawlers.

Room Tip: Try to request for a room that is on another part of the house, like, the one where you have to take the stairs up. I suppose there are windows so you can hv a little ventilation.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank maryamosmond
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a large double room for $12 which was good value. But the first thing you'll notice are all the rules posted everywhere. No outside food, pay for luggage storage, etcetc. I've never seen so many excessive rules in any hotel in SE Asia! And they pushed us to take an expensive tuktuk to the airport, not telling us there's a much cheaper shared van option.

• Stayed: May 2012