“caucassian owner with asian atmosphere”

Restaurant The House, LAO FOOD and Western
Ranked #43 of 203 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Italian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome at Restaurant 'The House' in Luang Prabang. Are Lao Chiefs welcome you. Our menu has a lot of traditional Lao dishes and also Western food. See the update menu, see you at "The House" restaurant. We have for you a selection of 21 Belgian beers in the fridge..
bangkok/sydney
“caucassian owner with asian atmosphere”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

i'm Thai and it was the first time I ate very good European food at an affordable price because usualy a Good European food are very expensive for asian people.
thank to mister wim for tied .
his staff made us discover an old French game, throwing iron balls to another little ball, it was very fun and friendly.
thank you Mr Wim has to help us with the dishes.

Amsterdam
“A great place in a great town!”
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I was in Luang Prabang two days ago, when i stumbled upon this place. I originally came for a real Lao dinner, which was very tasty. But eventually, I endedup staying the entire evening, chatting with the owners, drinking beer and having excellent flemish fries.
Luang Prabang is a town where you feel right at home, " The House" has the same athmosphere. Certainly worth coming back too!

antwerp
“different foods and drinks and nice breakfast place”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

i visit luang prabang in march i was surprised to discover a nice restaurant like THE HOUSE ,nice foods and nice serving people,also different nice beers. the morning we had is a nice breakfast too ,Sabadi and i comme back

australia
“the toilets are clean, so the kitchen is too.”
Reviewed February 28, 2010

i liked the viewpoint over the nam Khan river at day and at night the atmosphere was very cool with candle light and music but not noisy .
The boss was really nice and friendly but I cannot remember his name.
I came three days into this restaurant and I really appreciate the food.
the waiters are very nice but slow "but it's Laos".

Chiang Mai
“Best European food in South East Asia!”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I live in Chiang Mai and during a visit to Luang Prabang I would never skip this restaurant. Oh, yes, I like Thai and Lao food but sometimes it is just necessary to have some good European food. When you enter The House you will get everything that you are looking for: lots of food to choose from, large portions, Belgian beers ( can you believe it? ) and even clean toilets. Not to forget friendly hosts and the best and most funny Belgian chef I have ever met. I wish them all the best for the future and I hope I can return soon for a plate of STOOFVLEES met FRIET en een Duvel-tje...