“Wonderful restaurant great service”

L'Elephant Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 201 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
sydney
“Wonderful restaurant great service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went to this restaurant in 2012 and on my second visit recently had to return again, this time for lunch.I was not disappointed. The Mekong fish is superb, as is their menu of the day.
it's comfortable and relaxed and serves wonderful food. It is French Lao cuisine. in Lao I prefer street food but if I want French with a Lao twist , equal to the best restaurants at home but with Lao friendly great service, superb food , lovely setting, this is number 1 for me amongst the European style restaurants in town.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just stumbled upon this”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We were walking around and this place looked lovely so we went it. Lucky us. Great food, service and atmosphere at a decent price. We ate off of both the french and Laotian sides of the menu and both were excellent, I particularly liked the duck. A good choice for a nice dinner

Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“fabulous food!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fabulous food, pricy in comparison to other eateries in LP but was worth it. Lovely atmosphere in a beautiful building, definitely recommend this place particularly if you a craving a taste of western food (I had pork medallions with mashed potato and green vege). The only negative was so many staff which meant we felt a little crowded/stalked but it did mean you never had to wait for service.

Visited October 2013
Derbyshire
“veery void”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a set lunch here which was happily included in a couple of day tours we had arranged, so can't tell you about the evening menu though others have said it is very good. Like the Blue Lagoon expect to pay a bit more for this quality of food but you will.not regret it. Thoroughly recommended

Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Indeed this IS worth a visit”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

So ok. You visit a new place. The owner of the hotel you're at tells you about the best / better restaurants around and you think... Ok... It's his mate etc.
Sometimes, yes, and in this case the hotel owner is a regular but I definitely know why. For traditional fare in a restaurant with a fabulous ambience - touch of French but not faux - and excellent local cuisine, this is a MUST visit. Great varied menu both for food and wine which I'm not going to highlight individually as I'm quite confident that all the meals there are as more-ish as the ones we chose, judging by the full reservations and second round turnover tables during the evening.

L'Elephant has a vegetarian version sister that seemed less popular but I've no doubt would not disappoint. I may visit during my upcoming return to delightful LP in a couple of days.

Visited July 2013