“Very comfortable and stylish”
Review of Villa Maly

Villa Maly
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Sydney, Australia
“Very comfortable and stylish”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in this great hotel with three other couples. It was very well decorated our room having an old colonial look. Very clean rooms well appointed with wifi. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We could not fault the breakfast nor the evening drinks around the pool. No complaints but a small tip use the light powerpoints for charging they seemed more reliable than the the rest. We all would highly recommend to all. Short walk to main street as well.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of pool seemed to have a bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear BillAnd,
Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang...
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such nice comments about your stay at Villa Maly. I am extremely glad to read that we manage to have your stay as comfortable and memorable.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, I wish you a fantastic day.
Apple Tree Hospitality Laos: Villa Maly, Kamu Lodge, Nava Mekong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 days/nights on a good discounted deal. Our room was in the original building, and it had an old fashioned original wood finish indochine decor that was just so different and refreshing. The poster bed was also very big and comfortable. The wifi was not so good from our room but we were not there for that.... it was good in other parts of the hotel though. We also enjoyed the outdoor covered space for breakfast, the food and coffee was really very good. The pool area was also very nice and relaxing. Finally, the staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout the stay. Overall a very nice stay.

VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear ScottBurch 72,
Thank you very much for leaving such a nice feedback about your stay with us at Villa Maly. I am really glad to read that you enjoyed staying with us and will surely share your comments with our dedicated team.
Thanking you again, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Villa Maly and it was just amazing how comfortable it was and specially the friendly staff working there. Fantastic swimming-pool, very quiet, good wifi, and the breakfast was really impressive even though I only normally drink coffee but for those who like to have a big one, they will have the choice without any doubt.
I can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was at the room next to the pool and it was perfect...I don't know the other ones. U can just...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Alejandro H
Dear Alejandro H,
Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang...
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Villa Maly with us. I will also obviously let our staffs know about your feelings after your stay.
I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future and in the meantime I wish you a very nice day.
Apple Tree Hospitalty Laos: Villa Maly, Kamu Lodge, Nava Mekong
Khanom, Thailand
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We spent 3 lovely nights at Villa Maly , the personal service was outstanding , the food in the Restaurant was excellent you have to try the Sindad Lao Barbeque. A good choice of French wines and lovely Cocktails. The pool aera is wonderful and cosy , great to be on the lounges in the evening with a drink . We just loved the French/Indochina touch of this place located in a quiet street but near to the markets with complimentary Electro Bugy transport to town- very comfortable. A place we truly can recommend !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Delux Room with bigger Bathroom as some are rather small.
1 Thank CarloKunz
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear CarloKunz,
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback about your stay with us here at Villa Maly. It is good to read when our guests liked their stay with us. Happy that you appreciated the wine, the electric car (just refreshed), and our Sindad,
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, I remain
Sincerely Yours,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just spent 3 nights at Villa Maly and i truly loved it. Indochina atmosphere everywhere there.
Room was superb. Great pool area. Breakfast buffet was very good in a very nice surrounding. All of the staff very helpful, professional and friendly. The hotel is also very well located. The wifi internet was however sometimes off an irregular. But i would definitely go back. Just fell in love with the place. Very relaxing and quiet place.

VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Andre G,

Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang... Many thanks for dropping such a nice message. I will show it to our staffs whom for sure will love it. We are all glad that you liked your stay with us ans really hope to welcome you again in the future.
In the meantime, I wish you all the best.
Apple Tree Hospitality: Villa Maly, Kamu Lodge, Nava Mekong
Bangkok
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is set in a quiet street but very close walking distance to markets, restaurants, cultural buildings etc. I travelled alone but the management and staff were so welcoming and interested in making sure I knew all that was happening around me so I didn't miss anything. The hotel and gardens are immaculately kept and my room was beautiful and I have absolutely nothing to complain about from my recent stay. I would definitely stay again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Diane N,
Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang...
Many thanks for writing such a nice review about your stay at Villa Maly. It is always good to read that our guests truly enjoyed spending time with us.
I hope that you will find time sometime to come back visit us and in the meantime I wish you a happy new year 2556.
A. de Boynes
Apple Tree Hospitality Laos: Villa Maly, Nava Mekong, Kamu Lodge.
Aylesbury
Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a great place. Quiet and peaceful, just 10 minutes walk from the town centre. Lovely pool. comfortable rooms, and attentive staff. Very nice breakfast and lovely cocktails too. All in all a great experience - highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear paulspod,
Sabaidi Pi Mai Lao... Happy Lao New Year...
Thank you very much on behalf of our teams here for your kind message about your stay with us at Villa Maly.
Hoping that we will have the chance to welcome you here again in the future, we wish you a fantastic day.
A. de Boynes
Apple Tree Hospitality Laos: Villa Maly, Nava Mekong, Kamu Lodge.