“Wonderful hotel in wonderful Luang Prabang”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Maly

Villa Maly
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful hotel in wonderful Luang Prabang”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This wonderful hotel is a very good basis to explore Luang Prabang and the surrounding area. The breakfast and dinner options are a nice combination of Lao and French food, which match very well.
The staff is very helpful for exploring options other than only in Luang Prabang itself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MM74KL
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear MM74KL,
I would like to thank you very much for posting this message and sharing with us your experience at Villa Maly.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again, MM74KL, in a near future. In the mean time, I wish you a great day.
Warm regards

Apple Tree properties: Villa Maly, Kamu Lodge, Nava Mekong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Villa Maly is a quiet oasis within a 10 minute walk to the busy night market and central town area of Luang Prabang. A complimentary shuttle service is available taking you where ever you wish, but the walk is easy and the local people are friendly. When you give them a smile or a wave, they beam back to you a warmth that is true.

The rooms at Maly are exceptionally clean and functional, the beds are large and comfy and the a/c is strong. The washroom, despite being large and a lovely almost art-decco look, are exempt of hooks and shelves that makes navigating it a challenge. The pool and outside dining areas are excellent, and the buffet breakfast has a good variety of fresh fruit and foods.

The lunch time Mekong Nava Cruise that the Villa Maly organize is a terrific 4 hour outing visiting the Pakou Caves, a local fishing village that offers good value items, and the cruise includes a wonderful lunch.

But where the Villa Maly shines is in a service that is over and above the norm. All staff literally did everything we requested, and they actually exceeded all our requests, with a smile and a genuine desire to please.

Marvelous Villa Maly, definitely worth it for a visit that, regardless of how long you stay, you will find it much to short. Bravo ! !

Room Tip: Rooms in the Locus Building have balconies that allow you to sit out and enjoy the lush gardens, and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PeteMontreal,
Greetings from sunny Luang Prabang,
A very warm thank you for sharing your experiences at Villa Maly. I will definitely let our employees know about all the nice things you have said... they will love it !
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon and wish you a great day.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Checking into this property after being in the far north of Laos, was a very welcome change, and a full return to civilisation. Check-in was quick and efficient.
Beautifully appointed room with super comfortable beds (mosquito netting), tea/coffee making facilities, shuttered windows to block out noise and light, decent size safe for valuables, flat screen TV with proper reception.
However, the bathroom disappointed. Small, clever layout, but the dark colours of the walls did not appeal at all. Also, the only amenities provided was a comb and ear buds - no shampoo etc., and the small amenity shelf was pulling out of the wall. The only mirror in the room is also in the bathroom, with very poor lighting, making this unusable.
The breakfast was fabulous.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear lizpowrie_11,
Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang...
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. I take note of your comments about our bathroom and can assure you that I am already working on some the points you are mentioning (mirror, lights...).
Looking forward to welcoming again in the future, lizpowrie_11, I wish you a great day.
Operations Manager - Laos
Apple Tree properties: Villa Maly, Nava Mekong, Kamu Lodge.
Rennes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I chose to stay at this boutique hotel during my trip in Luang Prabang. I was impressed by the hotel decoration and its lush gardens. We had a room with the view to the garden. In the morning, when I woke up, I could breath the pure and fresh air and special fragrance of flowers in the gardens. My stay was more enjoyable thanks to the great cares of the hotel staff and the management. They really took care of me. When I strolled in the gardens, hotel gardens greeted with a bright and friendly smiles. Overall, my stay was more than my expectation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear DannySmile,
Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience at Villa Maly with us. Our employees will be delighted to hear that after all, we exceeded your expectations. This means a lot to all of us.
Hoping that we will welcome you again in the future, I wish you a great day.
Apple Tree properties: Villa Maly, Nava Mekong, Kamu Lodge
Hue, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Villa Maly with my friends when travelling to Luang Prabang. Have read all the reviews on Tripadvisor before deciding to choose Villa Maly, I was totally satisfied with my decision. My room is lovely and the bed is comfortable. On arrival, we were welcomed with bright and warm smiles of the staff, made me feel as if I had been at my home. What I was impressed the most is the friendliness of the staff.

I like white lotus flowers blossom near the swimming pool and Villa Maly’s lush gardens. When strolling through the gardens, I could smell the fragrance of flowers.

I would definitely stay here again when I come back Luang Prabang.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Tina N,
It is always very nice to read when our guests enjoyed their stay with us. I will let our staffs know how much you were impressed by their friendliness. They will surely love it...
Thanking you again, Tina N, for sharing your experience with us, I look forward to seeing you again at Villa Maly.

Hue, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Villa Maly to me is not simply a hotel but a beautiful house with lush and well cared-for gardens. I especially like the swimming pool and the paths in the gardens. The hotel is near the night market and some other interesting temples. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's a pity I only stayed one night there. I definitely want to stay at Villa Maly again when I visit Luang Prabang next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear HuongLan,
Sunny greetings from Luang Prabang,
I would like to personally thank you for your kind message about you stay with us at Villa Maly.
I hope that we will be able to host you much longer the next time you come to Luang Prabang. I remain at your disposal should you need any information.

Apple Tree properties: Villa Maly, Nava Mekong, Kamu Lodge
Hue
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Found Villa Maly through Trip Advisor and were yet even more impressed than we expected to be. The setting is lush, beautiful, private, peaceful and tranquil. The villas are roomy, with both open air and indoor space. The staffs are kind, friendly and aim to please at all times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank qhtrang
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear qhtrang,
Greetings from sunny Luang Prabang,
A warm thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and dedicated staffs. I can already picture the smiles of the employee when they hear another great guest's feedback. It means so much for all of us.
Thanking you again, I hope, qhtrang, that we will be able to welcome you again in a not too far future.
Warm regards