Villa Maly Boutique Hotel
Burasari Heritage(Luang Prabang)
$108
$104
  • Breakfast included
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$192
$46
$130
$101
  • Breakfast included
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$73
$68
$86
$75
$298
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
$380
All reviewsnight marketlovely pool areafrench ladypool sidelovely hotelbreakfast buffetfrench colonial stylequiet side streetsuperior roomlush gardensclose to townmain buildingwelcome drinkquiet locationan oasisreception areaenjoyed my stay
Reviewed July 7, 2012

we stayed 8 nights at Villa Maly. The family of four used a twin room and a double room and both were comfortable, clean, cool and well lit. The small bathrooms were quirky but easy to use. Pool, pool side relaxation, staff assistance with tours and general questions, conversation opportunity with other guests and buffet breakfasts were a delight and added significantly to how and where we went in the Luang Prabang. We will happily return when the next opportunity arises. The children were easily able to stay behind on the occasions we went out alone and we all felt very relaxed by our stay and the beautiful surrounds of Luang Prabang.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TyleyLovell
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear TyleyLovell,
greetings from sunny Luang Prabang...
I would like to personally thank you for leaving such a nice comment. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed staying with us and definitely look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Appletree-Asia properties: Villa Maly, Kamu Lodge, Nava Mekong

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I love historic buildings, that's why I chose this boutique hotel during my trip to Luang Prabang. The hotel surprised me with lots of details from the decoration of its exterior, its lobby to its lush garden. I tried the food at the restaurant and totally satisfied. From the hotel, you can easily to get to attractions of the city. The staff and managers were very helpful to guide me useful information.

Luang Prabang in the evening is amazing beautiful. I definitely will come back and stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms, garden and pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hannah H
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Hannah H,
Greetings from sunny Luang Prabang,
Many thanks for your kind message. It is always very much appreciated to read that our guests fully enjoyed their stay at Villa Maly. Our employees will surely be delighted to hear about another great comment.
Thanking you so much again, Hannah H, I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Warm regards,
A. de Boynes
Appletee-Asia properties: Villa Maly ; Kamu Lodge ; Nava Mekong

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I really wanted to like this place, but in the end, I couldn't. Positives are a great location, a nice pool, and a charming exterior. But overall, the experience was unsatisfactory. The rooms are showing their age, nowhere more so than the bathrooms, which are cramped, cheaply done (there was a painted 2x4 as a ledge over the sink, possibly in response to all the earlier comments about no shelf space), and even of questionable safety (the electrical socket had tape holding it together). The hot water heater makes a pounding sound and takes forever to work. The breakfast was not good -- runny eggs, and half the items not available. Finally, I just didn't feel comfortable. The staff seemed friendly, but it felt forced and unnatural, not with any of the true warmth I've felt in other places in southeast Asia.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Sosh Trvls,
Greetings from sunny Luang Prabang,
Many thanks for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Villa Maly. I understand that you have not been fully satisfied with us. I would like to let you know as you might have noticed it during your stay, that we are in the process of renovating our rooms. I make it very important that no guests are disturbed by the ongoing work. We are refreshing the rooms, removing the socket you are referring to, which is totally safe. This socket was never used due to its proximity to the wash basin, reason why there is tap on them. We have a plan by end of this year to add a mirror in the bedroom. I already have received many comments about the mirrors and listened to the voice of our customers, such as yours, in order to improve the comfort of our guests.
Thanking you again for your feedback, Sosh Trvls, I hope that you will not be deterred from re selecting our properties and you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate a much higher quality of Service when you come back to Laos.
Warm regards,
Operations Manager - Laos
Appletree-Asia properties : Villa Maly ; Nava Mekong ; Kamu Lodge.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Lovely small hotel with great facilities. Bedroom absolutely fine (not cramped at all); bathroom stylish but short on shelf space and no bath mat; otherwise fine. No mirror in bedroom. Lovely small pool surrounded by plants and trees; a little oasis. Staff attentive and willing. We chose this hotel for its setting and ambience and we were delighted with our choice. Breakfast excellent. Lovely place to sit and read.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms best; have balcony around courtyard. Ground floor rooms have restricted view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G
VillaMaly, General Manager at Villa Maly Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Richard G,

Greetings from sunny Luang Prabang.

Thank you so much for leaving a message about your recent stay at Villa Maly. I will share your comments during our monthly staff party so our employees know how happy are our guests. With regards to the mirrors, I have a plan to add a mirror in our bedrooms. Should be completed by the end of the year.
Thanking you again, Richard G, I wish you a great day and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Operations Manager - Laos
Appletree-Asia properties : Villa Maly ; Kamu Lodge ; Nava Mekong.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Villa maly is in short a little bit of paradise, rooms are perfect and extremely unique. Service is excellent with someone to greet you everytime you return to the hotel, their attention to detail is exceptional. The gardens and pool area are beautiful and well maintained. Overall, our stay here was perfect and we would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Adrian F,
Greetings from sunny Luang Prabang,
Many thanks for leaving such a nice comment about your stay with us at Villa Maly. As always I and the team are delighted when we read that our guests enjoy so much our property as well as the quality of service that our staff deliver. I will definitely share with them your message.
Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, I wish you a fantastic day.
A. de Boynes