“Best Bang For Your Buck; Incredible Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Bel Air Boutique Resort

Le Bel Air Boutique Resort
Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Luang Prabang
New York City, New York
“Best Bang For Your Buck; Incredible Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Last month, my girlfriend, brother and I stayed at Le Bel Air for 4 nights. Our experience at this resort went above and beyond our expectations that it compelled me to write this review. Believe the hype from other reviewers, this is the real deal! The highlight was the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. The manager, Jean Paul Sara, was very knowledgeable about Luang Prabang and even helped us plan all our activities to get the authentic Lao experience. He did everything within his power to ensure that we had a safe, comfortable, adventurous, and fun time.

Highlights
-shuttle service to and from the bus station/airport
-hourly shuttle service to downtown and one time pick up service back to the hotel at 9pm
-free rental bicycles
-delicious breakfast buffet
-beautiful, clean rooms
-free internet
-great view of the river
-staff that speaks English, Thai, and Lao
-friendly and very attentive staff
-great value

The only "drawback" would be that its location is about a 15 minute walk/5 minute bike ride from downtown. However, this is easily remedied by free bicycle rentals and the hourly shuttle service.

I highly recommend Le Bel Air because the staff alone makes it worth the stay. Next time I'm in Luang Prabang, you'll find me here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jazares
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Jazares,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. And thank you for the personal mention. It is much appreciated. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy with your list of highlights and services guests can expect from us. Most important is your observation of our location. We are situated just outside of town at the foot of the Old Bridge. A motorbike, pedestrian, and bicycle bridge. It is very beautiful and unique but for some it might be a bit of a fright since it is high and most have never encountered such a bridge. I recommend guests visit our website at www.lebelairhotels.com to view some pictures and decide if our location is the right choice for them. Luang Prabang is a small town and, to be perfectly honest, come high season our location is the main reason guests prefer to book with us. Thank you again for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them on. Where ever you happen to be these days we wish you and your family the very best of health, happiness, and good times on your travels.

Best regards,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The beautiful gardens and magnifique deluxe rooms made our stay in luang prabang perfect. You can get bikes for free - 5 mins to center. The manager is super friendly and assissts you with everything.
I recommend to book the deluxe room, instead of standard!

Room Tip: Deluxe room - its worth the extra money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gaboooo
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear gaboooo,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with the world. it was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. I hope to welcome you back to Le Bel Air soon.

Regards,
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in June in a deluxe room overlooking the river. Our room was on the ground floor so you couldn't really see the river but the gardens were lovely. If I were to stay here again I would request an upper room, not because of the view but because we were woken on 2 occasions by noisy upstairs neighbors at 4.30am as they were going to see the monk procession that morning, in addition the 1st guest was leaving that day and was packing his suitcase. The rooms have very high ceilings which are wooden floorboards so that is all that separate the upper and lower floors.

The room itself was huge and the bed comfortable with clean towels each day. The room was relatively clean but the bathroom was in need of a deep clean around the shower area.

The room had everything you needed even mosquito plug in and hair dryer.

Breakfast was very impressive, home made yoghurt and fresh fruit, as well as bacon, eggs, cereal etc.

Location was one of my negatives, prior to booking I checked on Google maps and got the impression that it was located by a stream with a little bridge, the little bridge, if you're scared of heights like me is in fact a few hundred meters long (well seems like that to me) and the pedestrian walkway is made of 3 wooden planks it was also a very long walk into town, however you could take a bike from the hotel free of charge. The hotel also had a free shuttle bus into town but only one return bus at 9pm which was a bonus.

Room Tip: Request an upper room so you're not disturbed early in the morning
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank juxined
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear juxined,

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable comments. I have already begun making changes and improvements according to your suggestions. Regarding our location, I understand the Old Bridge could come as quite an adjustment for someone not prepared for it. For future guests using Google Maps to get a sense of our location perhaps it is a good idea to also view pictures on our website to help. Your opinion of our location is important to us however it is also minor and shared among very few people.

As a matter of fact, our location and the Old Bridge are two of the best serving and unique features of our hotel especially in high season when the town can become crowded. Keep in mind, future guests, we are a 15 minute walk to the center of town or a 5 minute bike ride. The Old Bridge will be part of your experience at Le Bel Air and I recommend considering this before you book. As mentioned in this review we have a shuttle car running to town all day until 7PM with one return time at 9PM. Not mentioned, however, is the quality of our service for which we receive consistent praise. I assure all future guests service beyond expectation, competitive rates, and a truly peaceful and quiet stay.

Thank you again for your review. It was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you.

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at Le Bel Air for 5 nights recently and from the minute we were picked up at the Airport everything was wonderful. The Staff are INCREDIBLE, so kind, helpful and attentive. The attention and knowledge of JP and his team was really impressive (really appreciated them sitting down with us on arrival and looking over map and suggesting things to see and routes to take). They arranged trips for us and were even able to charge the tuk tuk to our hotel bill. The rooms were spacious, clean and overlooking the Nam Khan River. So relaxing. We really enjoyed the free bikes and the location was great. Easy walk into town or bike. Breakfast was GREAT!!! In our 5 mornings, there was something new every day. Overall we would recommend this place to friends and go back again.

Room Tip: We had the Classic River View Room and it was lovely.
1 Thank BlueToesTravel
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear BlueToesTravel,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. And thank you for the personal mention. Much appreciated. I must say I do enjoy helping guests organize their time in Luang Prabang. It is fun and energizing to encounter the optimism and positive spirit guests bring to the resort. I feel fortunate indeed. To all future guests I would like to say I await your arrival and assure you I will do my very best to make your stay in Luang Prabang fun and filled with great things to do. Thank you again for your review. I wish you the very best on your travels and hope to welcome you back soon.

Canungra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed for six nights end of May to early June at Le Bel Air and enjoyed every minute. The garden bungalows with private verandah are spacious and clean. It was hot and sticky weather and although we walked a lot we also hired a motorbike from the place recommended by the manager Jean Paul. The Lao/Australian Tim who hired us the bike gave us a well maintained newish machine which we kept for several days and went everywhere including out to the Kuang Si falls. If you want to hire a motorbike in SE Asia Luang Prabang is the place to do it as the traffic is not too bad and the speed limit in town is 30km/hr. Driving over the old bridge takes a little getting used to though.

Room Tip: Garden bungalows are spacious and peaceful
Dear Alansho,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a very nice review. It was great to meet you and a real pleasure to serve you. I agree Luang Prabang is the perfect place to explore by motorbike. However only the truly skilled and confident should attempt to do so. Otherwise it is strongly recommended. Depending on ones level of adventure a guest could find themselves in some truly amazing territory. Thank you again for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air. All the very best to you on your travels.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Le Bel Air for 3 nights late May and I have nothing but praise for this establishment and Jean Paul.

JP and his team was thoroughly professional in his hospitality, the buffet breakfast was a welcome surprise, and the excursion organized to Kuang Si Falls went without a hitch.

For those that might pass on this hotel because of her relative location, dont fret! The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from Luang Prabang Post Office (stops at the start of night market) and also has free rental of bicycles so its easy to get around!

Thank you for giving us a top class service during our first time in Luang Prabang!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Le Bel Air. And thank you for the personal mention. Much appreciated. I love the title of your review. It puts into very clear perspective exactly what guests may expect from a stay with us: service that goes the distance and competitive rates. And until September 30th we have a 'stay 3 pay 2' promotion which makes choosing Le Bel Air even easier. Visit www.lebelairhotels.com for details. Thank you again for posting such a kind review. It was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to have you with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I recently spent five nights at the Bel Air and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My daughter and I had one of the bungalows overlooking the garden and found the veranda to be an excellent spot for coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. I liked the daily walks over one of the bridges into town each day, and enjoyed the leisurely breakfast watching local life on the river. What makes Le Bel Air really special though is the attentiveness and caring of its staff. Not only does John Paul, the General Manager, have a dozen wonderful suggestions for walks or restaurants or bike rides, but during a mini-crisis involving delayed and cancelled flights in and out of Luang Prabang, he did a wonderful job of handling the changes with the airlines and all of the staff was most kind in providing moral support. They are all just lovely people.

Room Tip: Bungalows are quiet. We never heard any noise from other guest rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank africagirl
Dear africagirl,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. It was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. Regarding your flight complication, I find these are the issues which can either make or break someone's holiday. I prefer to deal with them personally and very quickly set the holiday back on track. Guests deserve to be free from worry and have before them a set of pleasurable options to take advantage of. This is what I do everyday. I am very happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay. From everyone at Le Bel Air we wish you the all the very best on your travels. Thank you again.