“Great value, great location, really good amenities”

Le Bel Air Boutique Resort
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were greeted at the airport (transfer service) by JP, an expat American now living in Laos. Nice guy and very helpful. He took to us the hotel and showed us the ropes and talking us through the must see attractions in and around town. He also helped us book anything we were keen to do over the course of our stay. We had a little villa room and it was very clean and a great experience. The staff were all super friendly and it was a pleasure walking around at the hotel. Venturing in to town was easy... Just wait for the hourly(ish) shuttle or venture over the old bridge and grab a tuk tuk. The old bridge deserves a special mention. We arrived at night and wanted to head straight in to town and had missed the shuttle. In the dark, with a light drizzle, just walking the bridge was an experience in itself. Over the following days you kinda grow attached to it :) speaking of bridge experiences, you can also walk to town via the bamboo bridge. Definitely worth the stroll as you get to walk through the village above the resort. It cost a tiny amount (maintenance fee), but I believe it is seasonally reconstructed and not always available. If this place had a pool it would be perfect, it can get pretty warm! Our stay at Le Bel Air was fantastic and we will endeavour to get back... ASAP

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Troy-Vida,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a very kind review. And I very much appreciate the personal mention. Allow me to clarify, I am a Canadian from Toronto, and since I have been living in Laos for the past seven years I am able to help guests stay off the beaten track and discover the very best aspects of Luang Prabang. I love your description of the Old Bridge. I too fell in love with it when I first came to LP. I do not think I have ever seen one quite like it yet. It is not as adventurous to me anymore but I do think it is still quite beautiful and a genuine highlight of Le Bel Air's atmosphere and unique location. Thank you again for your review. It was very nice to meet you and a real pleasure to serve you. I hope where ever you happen to be these days the sun is shining and you are having a great time.

There are newer reviews for Le Bel Air Boutique Resort

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place, friendly people and great customer service, free breakfast is included. Everyone is so welcoming and polite, Jean Paul the general manager is very very helpful. Close to markets and attractions. I would recommend staying in this hotel

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Leemcnally11,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Le Bel Air with the world. It was very nice to meet you and a pleasure to serve you. I'm pleased to hear you had a good time with us. And I very much appreciate the personal mention. Thank you for that and for recommending Le Bel Air to others. I promise to take good care of your family and friends. Thank you again and I wish you the very best of times on your travels.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

A beautiful oasis in relaxing Luang Prabang. Met at the airport and from there the staff, especially Jean-Paul couldn't do enough to ensure a great stay. There is complimentary shuttle into town, free bikes and more than enough tours to keep you occupied.
The rooms were gorgeous and large and quiet.
I was solo but if you had a husband/wife/significant other it would be a perfect romantic escape!!
The breakfast was fantastic with the river outlook setting and it was such a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok.
I would defintiely recommend this hotel to others coming through Luang Prabang.

Room Tip: I imagine any room is perfect. I had a river view twin and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Marewa

Dear Marewa,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a kind review for the world to see. And thank you for the personal mention. It is much appreciated. I agree Le Bel Air is the perfect place for couples seeking peace and quiet in an already relaxed and serene town. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to have some real fun in Luang Prabang. We hope to welcome you back someday soon. All the very best to you on your travels.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This resort is just outstanding ,from the timely airport pickup to the swift attention to detail ,voluntary room upgrade and just an awesome breakfast in idealistic settings ,staff that are so attentive and courteous ,it is just refreshing to know such a high level of service exists in this part of Asia ,I will be sending my family there from Australia just to experience it ,first class all the way ,miss it already

Room Tip: the bungalows are just lovely ,you feel at home immediately
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your staying with us and for posting such a very nice review for the world to see. It was a pleasure to meet you and to serve you. It was also my pleasure to pick you up from the airport and drop you off for your flight. I try to do this myself as often as time will allow. And thank you for the referral to your family. I promise to take very good care and show them a great time in Luang Prabang. Please feel free to contact me anytime at gm@lebelairhotels.com if you wish to discuss their travel plans. It will be very nice to hear from you. Thank you again and where ever you happen to be these days I hope you are having a great time.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Le Bel Air for three nights in May 2014. The peaceful and tranquil surroundings of the hotel added to the rustic charm exuded by the place. Overlooks the river and one gets a feel of being wrapped up in a bygone era. The staff are very helpful and the manager Mr Jean Paul adds the personal touch by mingling with guests . The sound of the nocturnal creatures like the crickets did take some getting used to !! Our stay was very memorable and we hope to return

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank usha80
LeBelAir R, General Manager at Le Bel Air Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear usha80,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing with the TA community your experience at Le Bel Air. And thank you for the personal mention. It is much appreciated. It was my pleasure to meet you and your lovely family. I really wish we had more time to talk together. Perhaps I will have the honor of serving you again the in near future. Where ever you happen to be these days I hope the sun is shining and you are having a great time.

Very best regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had two stays here (one in a 'classic' room, the other in a 'bungalow'), and had an excellent time on both occasions. It lists itself as 3 stars, but compared to higher rated places we've stayed at, it is much better than that. The rooms and grounds are lovely and very quiet. It's about a 15 minute walk into the town centre (don't let that put you off) or you can take the free shuttle service (the free airport transfers are also a great). The staff were exceptional (Mr Oun in particular) and very attentive. Great value - we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bendy_Man,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a very nice review of Le Bel Air for the world to see. And thank you for mentioning Mr. Oun's service. I have passed on your kind words and he sends you his regards. Also, it is very nice of you to point out that our service and product often exceeds our official 3-star status. This is exactly how we like it and probably the reason we manage to stay busy all year in spite of low season trends. I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with your stay. It was a pleasure to meet you and to serve you. From everyone at Le Bel Air we wish you the very best on your travels.

Regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I were traveling on a budget but found a good deal for this place on Agoda. Our bungalow was clean and spacious with good air-con and good screens and windows to keep out the mosquitoes.

The included breakfast was good. There were assorted breads and pastries, juices, some hot food options, and even an omelette chef.

Jean-Paul, the manager came and introduced himself to us. Over the course of our stay he made sure that our time was enjoyable and offered to help us with anything that we might need - a really great hospitality manager in my opinion.

The location of the hotel is really good. It overlooks the Nam Khan River and is far enough outside the main part of the city to be nice and quiet but also close enough that you can ride a bike (provided free by the hotel) into town in 5 minutes.

When we departed, the very helpful hotel staff arranged our bus ticket for us and gave us a ride to the bus station. They made things very easy for us.

The only problem was the wifi which was pretty slow and was difficult to connect to from the bungalows. But overall you'd be hard pressed to find a better place for the cost. Good value.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear pacificswift,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing with the world your very kind words about Le Bel Air. And thank you for the personal mention. It is much appreciated. It was very nice to meet you and to assist you with your holiday. I agree with you about our overall value especially as we now offer a 'Stay 3 Pay 2" promotion until September 30th. It is gathering much attention and I notice guests seem even more at ease as they enjoy the hotel and discuss what to do in and around Luang Prabang. Thank you again and all the very best to you on your travels.