All reviews the river great location overlooking the nam khan river the main street night market balcony room tuk tuk a stones throw safety box lovely little hotel reasonable size six nights free bicycles plenty of hot water lovely town room rate the breakfast area
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

The hotel need some renovation. There is no lift to the second floor and room is dark with old furniture, although it is big and comfortable. Wi Fi doesn’t work well at the room. Staff very polite, helpful and patient. View to the river. Good location. Not much options for continental breakfast

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2019

This hotel has a river view and is close to all activities. The staff is caring and is always available to help. There was a strong storm one night and we lost power (AC). They felt so bad they did not charge us for that night. Breakfast was good, our room was wonderful.

Room tip: Stay upstairs if possible - less road noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2019

We have stayed at Villa Ban Lakkham several times in recent years and, until this year, enjoyed our stay.

Our first hint that something had changed was, of all things, the coffee at breakfast the first morning. In the past it was very good coffee, but now it was weak instant coffee.

When went back to the room to get ready for the we noticed several maintenance issues. When you turned on the shower most of the water just ran down the wall, and a lamp cord was “fixed” with scotch tape. We spoke to other people staying at the hotel and hear similar stories including a sink that almost would not drain.

We asked if there was a new owner and were informed that we were correct. The woman who owned Villa Ban Lakham, who we had met during earlier stays, had sold the hotel.

The old staff was gone except for one very friendly, effective young man in the afternoon. A few of the new staff had very limited English.

One other problem at the hotel is the wifi. When arrive you are giving wifi information for “Villa Ban Lakkham.” It is incredibly slow and ineffective.

There are two other hotel wifi: “Villa Banlakham 1” and “VillaBan Lakham 3.” If you stay at the hotel be sure to ask for access to either.

On a positive note, the TV is still very good with a wide selection of channels, the location is excellent and the breakfast is fine with the seating returning to the river back.

One can only hope that the new owner will come to understand that they must maintain the rooms, and have very good service and wifi if people are to return to the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2019

I spent six nights in this hotel and the staff is really helpful and pleasant. They make you feel comfortable. I had a superior room on the lower floor. The bed was extra large and I banged my foot against one foot of the bed which was slighting protuding. I had to go to the clinic and could not walk properly so beware with the beds! Hotel ideally located, quiet, breakfast with a great view on the river, but I really want to thank Noi, Thuan and Tom, and the rest of the staff who helped me having an awsome stay in LP.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast by the river is a real treat. We stayed in the corner room on the 2nd floor with a private entrance, balcony and large outdoor porch. Location is nice for walking around town and watching alms giving in the morning. Please be respectful during this tradition. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple