“Excellent Staff, Right Location”
Review of Rama

Rama
Ranked #58 of 68 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I was greeted warmly by the hotel staffs when i arrived and they were so helpful that i feel like i was at home far way from home.The general manager was an experienced person. He helped us a lot with our travel and tours.All the important place is walking distance from the hotel which is a plus point The rooms are cheap and comfortable to stay.I would suggest anyone to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Take the deluxe room. Cheap,clean and up to the mark.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bakula t
ramamanager, General Manager at Rama, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking your time to review Rama Hotel.

It was really nice to meet you and help you plan your stay in Luang Prabang. I'm happy to know that you liked it. I hope that you'll be able to come and stay with us again.

The Management

There are newer reviews for Rama

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Don't be deceived by the Excellent TA reviews or website pictures about this hotel like we were. This hotel will be the biggest rip off of your trip.

For $45 a night you will get bedroom walls covered in water stains and mold, a tv that has laughable 11" screen, a noisy AC unit, and a bathroom that also has permanent dirt grime stains on the sink, floors and around the drain (see pictures). The shower isn't even divided from the sink and toilet, and for $45/n I think that's unacceptable. Our hotel in Vang Vieng was $15/n and was cleaner and nicer than Rama hotel. When the manager showed us our room on the first day i looked in the room and i said "there must be a misunderstanding, we booked the $45/n room". It's that bad. The location of this hotel is not so good as well. It's located outside old town and a 20 minute walk to the Mekong river front. At first you think that's ok but when you walk around and see the locations of other Guesthouses you'll see that Ramas isn't so ideal. Breakfast was a mediocre buffet of toast, oranges, coffee, juice and eggs. One morning there were cold scambled eggs left out in a tray and the next morning we ordered 2 fried eggs, waited 30 minutes, still no fried eggs. Also I every day the oranges were left untouched as there were little flies constantly swirling about them.

What I find really comical about this hotel is that I'm not the first TA review to complain about the dirty bathroom or moldy room or cold eggs, and yet the hotel consistently replies on TA "my staffs have taken this seriously and are doing all that we can to improve in all the areas that you've mentioned."

There are dozens and dozens of hotels and Guesthouses located inside old city and along the Mekong Delta, for 1/2 to 2/3 the price and are inifitely better. Do yourself a favor, don't book this hotel and look for a place once you get here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Naradexal

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking your time to review Rama Hotel.

I just want to apologize for your bad experience here. Me and my management will keep on trying our best to improve and give the best that we can and hopefully no one will ever go through this experience again.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I've been here in Laos for 2 months now and Rama was my favorite. I've never seen such a nice stuff here in Laos - always smiling, always friendly.
The restaurant was new founded and so the stuff wasn't really into the business but they tried their best. The hotel has a very good location, maybe 5 minutes from the center.
Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
ramamanager, General Manager at Rama, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking your time to review Rama Hotel. Thank you for your appreciation.

I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here. I'll surely convey my staffs what you said about them. Please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Staying in Luang Prabang as part of a tour.

Breakfast was very poor, it included cold chips.

Room was clean and spacious.

I think you can find better hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank zoomzoomboyuk

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking your time to review Rama Hotel. I really appreciate your review and your encouragement.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Rama hotel in Luang Prabang, Laos, which exceeded all our expectations. The employees are extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and drinking water is provided for free. Likewise for internet access. We can recommend the hotel without reservation. It has an excellent price-service relation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking your time to review Rama Hotel. It really encourages us.

I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here. My staffs love to meet new friends and make friendship. Thank you for taking your time out to talk to them.

I hope that you'll be able to come and stay in Rama Hotel again.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

The room is grim, not clean, the toilet is in worse shape that I have ever saw, the room smelled BAD! And the breakfast was obviously made hours before, my omelet was cold and was served to my table second after I ordered it!

• Stayed: October 2011
ramamanager, General Manager at Rama, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you taking your precious time to review Rama Hotel. I personally would like to apologies for your experience while you were in here.

I appreciate your honest critics. Me and my staffs have taken this seriously and are doing all that we can to improve in all the areas that you've mentioned.

I wish i'll have another opportunity to host you in the future and give you our best.

Best regards,

The Management and Staffs

Reviewed July 17, 2011

The check in was very welcoming and the staff speak very good English also helpful with bags. We had a lovely twin room on the 2nd floor. For the vain amoung us a good sized mirror over the dressing table and ample wardrobe to hang cloths, along with lugage area with table for cases. The extra wide single beds did not crowd the room as there was still space for bedside table, tv table and mini fridge. all the rooms have air -conditioning. As a Scot, if it reaches 20, its positivly tropical so most apreciated. The en-suite had a shower, toiled and wash hand basin. Very clean and of course the complimentary toiletries always appreciated. The towel was a little thread bare but still apreciated by those of us how travel light. Small complaint on the scale of things. There are lots of power points in the room- foe computer ect and they have WIFI. The room facilities overall are excelent for the price - especially during low season. The location of the hotel is perfect. Do climb the stairs to the 4th floor as the viewthe view from the roof garden is well worth it. Only wish I was a good photographer. The outside dining area was a little untidy and the kitchen areas bins needed emptied. think this was more to do with the timing of our exploring the area as it was clean and tidy later. Breakfast is a help yourself buffet style - but a helpful young man is on hand to fry eggs or make omlets. Very satisfactory. Im no expert on hotel living, but i know good quality of service and nice people, so i can say the Rama hotel has both. If you're ever in luangprabang Laos - go there and experience it for yourself.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyCustomer6

Dear valued Customer,

I'm very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Rama Hotel. Thank you so much for your review.

The management and the staffs will be striving to continue to give the best service that we can.

Looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Best regards,