My family and I stayed at this hotel over the New Year period.
One of the best things was probably the location - you not only have a view of the river but are also 50m from the main street and shops/restaurants etc. We loved being able to just go around the corner and be in the middle of things.
My daughter had a deluxe room and it was great - super spacious room and bathroom. Very light and airy and lots of room. However her room was across the street from ours (warning to families) and did not have any wifi access.
My husband and I shared a Premier River View room and the balcony was lovely however the room was much smaller than my daughter's and very dark. Even the bathroom was dark and small. The furnishing is nice however we had about 4 moose heads/antlers in our room. We had wifi in our rooms however.
As the hotel is an old house the noise does travel alot from room to room but I think this is similar to most places in Luang Prabang.
Breakfast is lovely on the river and the rooms were very very clean with complimentary minibar.
The cons are - no in room phone/room service or compendium as well as no pool or gymnaisum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated under the new management, Burasari Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chang Hotel Luang Prabang
- Chang Hotel Luang Prabang