I stayed at this hotel in late September 2011. The place is clean and has more of a boutique hotel vibe going on. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful although their English was limited to basic phrases and questions. The rooms had a 'hunting lodge' type feel - think dark brown paint and animal heads in the room. The one downside was the lack of overall security. There was no safe in the hotel room, instead a note on the table informed individuals to store their valuables down at the front desk. Additionally the lock on the door consisted of a metal ring that the resident secured with a masterlock. Since this hotel was costing upwards of $60 a night I was expecting more than a master lock to secure the items in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upon entering Café de Laos Inn, sister property of Burasari Heritage, you will be instantly charmed by the simple pleasures of this traditional yet modern colonial style guest house with all the warmth, friendliness and generosity from the local Lao people. Located right in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is the ideal base to explore the National Museum, Royal Palace, the tempting night market and to take in all of the flavors of this ancient town. imagine you self sat on the hotel terrace with a fresh drink, overlooking the inspiring daily morning monk alms ceremony passing by. A truly special location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Chang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chang Hotel Luang Prabang
- Chang Hotel Luang Prabang