“Really nice hotel.”

Ramayana Boutique Hotel
Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Location is perfect. Staffs are always smiling and very kind.
Suite Room at seperate building is really good!! Very spacious, clean and comfortable.
A2, Junior Suite, is also clean and comfortable. But as it locates on the first floor, I could not open the window. If I go to Luang Prabang again, I will stay at Suite or Twin room on the second floor.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed in the Junior Suite, which is not a suite but a room. We paid US$ 60 incl breakfast. It is a Lanna style room, with furniture, that might look great, but is in fact very uncomfortable. The chairs are very hard (wood), the wardrobe has doors, that do not stay open, the bed was placed on a wooden platform, that was much larger than the mattress, so I hurted my leg on the corner of that platform badly, when I had to go out in the night for the bathroom. The rooms are very dark with only a few lamps, and the "curtains" are difficult to open. But the breakfast was great and the place is in the heart of Luang Prabang's centre.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Centrally located. However, being centrally located made sleeping after about 5:30 impossible due to motor vehicles.

The rooms were clean and well-maintained for the most part though I did have issues with an electrical outlet that didn't work but there were plenty in the room so plugging in my laptop was not an issue.

I got a beautiful suite for $75/night.

Their courtesy breakfast was limited and cold.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The Ramayana is a great little boutique hotel which suited us perfectly. Let's get the downside out of the way straight off. There's not much of it.
We weren't interested in the spa side of the hotel but for those that are, the spa is quite limited in it's facilities. If this is your bag, enquire before booking.
The hotel is situated between the early morning market, which starts setting up about 5.00am and the night market which kicks off about 6.00pm. The night market is no problem but there is a lot of activity right outside the hotel from early morning. It didn't bother us but it might bother some people.
Aside from those two points, this is a delightful place to stay. The rooms are really spacious, airy and comfortable. They are in no way luxurious but everything works, For the bucks the place is great value.
There is no restaurant and the bar is pretty basic but again, it worked and the staff are charming and attentive.
Breakfast, again, is quite basic but was fine for us. Fruit, bread and coffee with a basic cooked option, which, as I can't stomach a cooked breakfast, Iam unqualified to comment on though my wife tells me was acceptable.
All in all we are pleased we stayed here. Luang Prabang is an extraordinary place to visit; truly delightful and, at present, relatively unspoiled.
Go there now and you could do worse than to stay at the Ramayana.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenLittleHaven
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I splashed out and stayed here for five nights - wanting some real peace and relaxation in Luang Prabang. One my first night I slept badly, as the noise of the next rooms air conditioner seemd to be right next to my bed! I was then moved to a room downstairs at the front, which was much better (and probably more expensive). I had a little porch, where I could sit in the evening to read and watch people pass by. The breakfast was great - good coffee and eggs and bacon. The location is excellent and the staff were very friendly. This was a real treat for me to stay here ,as I booked via ebookers and made a saving, thus enabling me to stay in an LP listed top end hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on ground level have a porch with chairs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Ramayana Boutique resort enjoys great location in Luang Prabang. The night market and the morning market are step outside the resort. The mekong river is also walking distance. It is hardly a 'spa' resort; they get therapists on order from a nearby spa owned by the same owner. Mornings get noisy as the morning market activity start very early in the day interfering with the morning siesta. Overall the hotel is a very good option due to its location.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in Luang Prabang in March 2011. It's a really good hotel, due to its location and its elogence. The rooms are very nice and roomy, and you have everything you need. The night market and the morning market is very close, just one street up or down.

However, I think in retrospect that this hotel is a bit pricy, and I'm sure it's possible to find others in the same pricerange.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple