“WOW!! and a huge big WOOOW”
Review of Cafe Aylanto

Cafe Aylanto
Ranked #5 of 290 Restaurants in Karachi
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Saudi Arabia
“WOW!! and a huge big WOOOW”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

What can I write about this restaurant.

What an amazing restaurant in Karachi, serving international cuisine and you will definitely eat your fingers while eating their delicious food. Personally, I order the following:

Starter: Tomato with garlic soup - VERY fresh and big bowl of creamy and tasty soup.

Main Course: A homemade Lasagnia. Let me put it this way guys. I really know how to differentiate between a good and bad lasagnia. this was astonishing. If I return to this restaurant before leaving Pakistan (Karachi) I will order another dish of this amazing Lasagnia.

I ended my meal with a good green tea with a squeeze of a lime.

Let me provide feedback about other stuff in the restaurant.

Sitting - they have indoor and outdoor. the outdoor setup was great. This restaurant seems to be origionally a villa (house) which was turned into a restaurant. so the outdoor setup is like you are sitting in a very nicely decorated house garden. still you feel its a restaurant.

Prices. Generally in Pakistan the prices are relatively very low. Although this is a very classy/luxurious type of a restaurant, prices in the menu was very very cheap compared to the same quality abroad in any place in the world. a lasagnia costing not more than about 12 USD is something surprising for me, given the extra great quality you get !!

Before ending my feedback, I highly recommend this restaurant for families and especially for couples wanting to have a cool/romantic dinner.

Thanks

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Italian in local way”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Located in the diplomatic district of Karachi. Very good food and ambience is just great. Service is quick and friendly.

Visited November 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Are you willing to wait for 70 minutes for your starters? Need to drastically improve their service!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were very excited to try out the new location of this Cafe. To its credits, the new place is fabulously designed, lots of al fresco dining creates a great ambiance! But sadly, the service was pathetic. I have never sat in a restaurant where it would take them over an hour to bring our starters on the table and that also, only after we made some noise about it. It seemed like nobody from the staff was really bothered and other people who came after us were already having their main courses!

We got our starters, followed by mains and followed by complimentary desserts! Followed by apologies for the issues with staff that evening. But by that time the five of us on our table had already decided that just the good food was not going to bring us back! There are many other places serving up amazing food with great service to match!

• Visited August 2012
Bonn, Germany
“never again!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

food was terrible (talking about the branch at grand port) and the service was poor

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank rklac
karachi
“restaurant par excellence”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

excellent food, excellent desserts, excellent drinks. Not to forget the new premises in Karachi. definitely a top notch place to eat!!

• Visited June 2012