“Hotel review”

Avari Towers Karachi
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would like to complement the Management and all the staff for a very pleasant, if but short break at the Hotel.

I found the hotel to be very well organised with excellent security which was evident immediately on arrival. The complete hotel was spotless in regards to cleanliness and presentation and the selection of food was tremendous. The staff were very attentive and always eager to help.

I would have no hesitate in recommending the hotel to other people and organisations which I link with and I look forward to a visiting the hotel again soon.

Many thanks

Room Tip: Executive rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cliff279
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Mr Cliff, thank you for your kind words of appreciation which I have shared with my team, all of whom look forward, as I do to welcoming you back to Avari Towers next time you find yourself in this wonderful city of Karachi. Travel well, travel safe.

There are newer reviews for Avari Towers Karachi

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had a pleasant stay in Avari Towers during my second trip in Karachi except for some noticeable observations.

I just noticed the deterioration with the hotel facilities and that I stayed in a non-smoking room but I could smell smoke specially around 7-9 pm. I had to transfer room.

I also had a horrifying experience as I got sick during the last 2 weeks of my stay. I got hospitalized for one week when I got back home, finding out that I was infected with salmonella arizonae. I surely hope that I did not get it from the food they serve in the hotel. You cannot discount the idea that I might got it from the hotel because I only ate at the hotel and seldom ate outside. So for the avari staff make sure that the quality of preparing and serving the food is of high standard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Armin A, thank you for taking the time to write to me to inform me know about your recent dissappointing experience here, and please accept my sincere apology for the inconveneience caused by the smoking issue, which we will invesitigate immediately as we have only one floor for smokers, and that is sealed. As far as your hospitailzation is concerened, we were all very sorry to learn that you had suffered some kind of food poisoning during your visit to Pakistan, but we can assure you that such cases, if and when reported here, are also thoroughly investigated, however, thankfully, they are very rare. As a token of our concern and regret, I will be delighted to offer you a complimentary two nights stay for your next visit, at which time we are sure you will enjoy the usual high standards of Avari Hospitality. Kind regards from the Towers Team, we hope you are now fully recovered.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay in if you are visiting karachi. I like the service the rooms and enjoy some of the best resturants in town. Japanese, Chinese and desi food if you like. It's located in a good place about centre of the city and the night view of the ciry from the top is unbelievable.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Wajih, thank you for your postive comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Avari Towers and send kind regards from the Team.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Over the past several years that I have been visiting Pakistan -- the Avari hotel in Karachi has gone from Strength to Strength. From the very well trained and courteous staff to the high Cleanliness/Hygiene standards to the great Food -- this is truly a superb hotel. The recently opened "Sunset lounge" is a nice place to relax after a hard days work whereby you will inevitably run into the very friendly Hotel General Manager who makes it a point to get to know all the guests and ensure their comfort with his down to earth hands on approach. Highly recommended

5  Thank Alrajwani
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Mr Rajwani, thank you for taking the time to send a few kind words of appreciation for our services and for our staff, which really means a lot to our team, here, all of whom look forward to welcoming you back after the summer break. Have a great vactaion, see you in August.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Over the last two years I have been visiting Pakistan on a regular basis and have stayed at the Avari Towers Karachi. Typically the duration of stay is between 2 weeks to 6 weeks at a stretch.
This hotel is located pretty much in the heart of the city and because of the layout the building is far from the roads, providing secure buffer zone in case of civil disturbance. The facility is very clean and well maintained by experienced staff under the leadership of the GM Gordon definitely a friendly guy and willing to serve the guests.
These guys take great care of the guests, starting from the security to every need one might have in a foreign land. Even though this country is not foreign to me, I am very proud to see such good service and hospitality.
They have very clean rooms and very good restaurants with excellent service. My colleagues and have meals here and consider them to be the safest, one might get sick eating out in other restaurants but not once did I/we have fallen sick because of the food at any of the restaurants at Avari Towers.
I wish I could thank everyone by name, but that is not possible as there are so many who have served me/us over time. But let me mention a few people that I have interacted with regularly, obviously all the managers that lead the various teams, Ayaz, Pansy, Rashna, Irfan, Itrath, Mujeeb, Michelle, Faysal, and the list can go on. All of the provide great service with a smile.
Now, for the greatest thing ever, based on feedback provided to the staff and GM for improvements, they not only replied back immediately....they implemented changes which were appropriate. Now if that does not speak of customer service nothing does.
Keep up the good work! I highly recommend you all staying at Avari Towers Karachi.

3  Thank Nazoor
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation which I have shared with my team, all of whom were pleased and proud to be of service to you and your team during your recent visits. We all thank you sincerely and look forward to welcoming you back home to Avari Towers in the very near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Avari Towers Karachi is located at a nice place, but in general the hotel and its service is average...really nothing special, especially comparing it with Avari Lahore. The stuff is friendly but the service has flagged. The security standards are good. I stayed there three times and my experience was that the quality in general is decreasing. During the next visit, I will not stay there anymore and the same I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

If you let me have your real name and date of stay I will be delighted to answer your specific criticisms. In the meantime I can let you know that our tripadvisor ratings reviews are now at 91% excellent and highest in Karachi, however, one must admit that any team including my own can drop the ball once in a while, and we often do, for one reason or another, but move quickly to pick it up and continue with the game. Send your comments to gmkhi@avari.com. Thank you. Gordon James Gorman, General Manager since 2007.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Well done Gordon and his team at Avari - yet again!
Another 6 day business trip with my team of 7 last week.
Great security, clean comfortable rooms, great choice of restaurants. VERY friendly staff. You can tell this is an experienced team. Look forward to coming back next month!

Jim Sutton Team Leader Pakistan Trade Project

Room Tip: just accept the recommendation of the staff
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Jim, It was great to have you and your team back here with us last week. Thank you for your kind comments, and for your valuable support, we really do appreciate it very much We all hope you have a great summer vacation, and look forward to welcoming you back for another visit very soon. I will be away for most of July, but you know how to find me if you need anything at all, if you are visiting Karachi during Ramadan. Kind regards from Karachi.