“WOW - Is this the best hotel in the World?”

Avari Towers Karachi
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Windsor, United Kingdom
“WOW - Is this the best hotel in the World?”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I must admit that when I arrived in Karachi I was a bit apprehensive as to what to expect. I am an experinced business traveller and have stayed in well over 50 hotels from Egypt to Tunisia, Morrocco and beyond. This was my first trip to Pakistan and my apprehension was eased as soon as I reached the lobby of the Avari.This is by far the best hotel that I have ever stayed in. I was not expecting this.
The staff were the nicest and most frendliest that I have met. They will bend over backwards for you. The Manager surprisingly was from Scotland - James Gorman and he was the most attentive manager that I have met. I have never ever seen a manager who continually checks his guests are happy.He is the Avari secret.There are too many wonderful staff to mention but I thought Ayaz in the Cinnamon lounge was teriffic.I miss the pineapple cake already. Now the food next and it really was world class. I tried the buffet on Sunday and it was amazing - Japenese, Thai, Pakistan etc. I do not drink so the non alcoholic champagne was great. They had music and even a magician. I also thought the hotel was very clean - even cushions being pumped up (which I did not really understand). I spent most of my free time by the pool and by accident came across a hot tub which was great. If you are on a business trip then this is really home from home. I honestly can not think of any negative comments and believe me I would list them if I could. Having stayed in the worst hotel ever in Aberdeen 3 weeks ago, I do think this must be the best of the best.

2 Thank Roy S
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Roy.

Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with my colleagues, all of whom were extremely pleased and very proud to receive this high praise from an experienced World Traveler like yourself. You have now inspired all of us to do even better to show our visitors the softer side of Pakistan and Pakistani’s, many of whom epitomize a true and honest culture and heritage of hospitality. We all send our best wishes for your happy travels, and look forward to welcoming you back home to Avari Towers in the not to distant future, where a warm welcome awaits from all your new friends.

Kind regards from GG and all the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Best hotel on Pakistan. Weve spent 231 nights here in the last 16 months. The staff and the General Manager Gordan James Gorman are absolutely world class. I've traveled all over the world and this hotel treats us all like family. It's food and amenities are as good as the Fairmont in Sam Fransisco. The service equals or exceeds the Wsldorf Towers in NYC or the Dorchester in London. And it's a terrific value.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Pjdailey
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Daily,

“World Class” comments indeed from a World Class guest, which are very much appreciated by me and by my team, all of whom always look forward to making you and your colleagues feel welcome and comfortable during your frequent stays with us.

I have to admit that while our rooms and suites may not be quite as grand as those to be found at the other fine hotels you mention, I am quite confident that my dedicated team of hospitality heroes can match them for sincere service and friendly smiles any day of the week.

We all look forward to welcoming you back home to Avari Towers in the very near future, where a warm and hospitable Pakistani style welcome awaits.

Thank you once again, we appreciate your loyalty, and your kind comments as that’s what makes it all worthwhile.

kind regards.

Gordon James Gorman/General Manager since 2007/Avari Towers/Karachi/Pakistan
Johannesburg
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A business trip, especially an extended one, is not always enjoyable, however at Avari Towers you can expect that to change for the good.

The rooms are luxurious and quiet, just what you need after a long day at the office. The food available in the many restaurants in the secure, hotel complex cater to all palettes and tastes. The facilities in the complex from the pool to the gym are also world class.

To complete it all off, the Avari team are always friendly and will bend over backwards to ensure every minute of your stay is just as you wish it to be.

A big thank you to the Team for making my 3 week stay very enjoyable. When in Karachi, I consider Avari Towers a home away from home. Again thank you to everyone!

Dave Mann

Dear Mr Mann,

Thank you for your "EXCELLENT" comments, but the greatest compliment you or any other guest can make, is to recognize and appreciate the sincere friendliness of our staff, all of whom are dedicated to making you as comfortable as possible during your stay.

We are all very glad that you enjoyed your 3 weeks stay with us, and that you will return home to Avari Towers in the very near future, where a warm and friendly Pakistani style welcome awaits.

Kind regards,

Gordon James Gorman/General Manager since 2007/Avari Towers/Karachi/Pakistan.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

From MARCHING MINSTREL. I spent a week in the Avari Towers having stayed previously at other Karachi hotels. I found the Avari Towers clean, organised, bright and secure. The staff are attentive and discreet; they are friendly while maintaining a professional distance from the guest. The Scottish General Manager is extremely helpful and takes great personal trouble over every guest's comfort and seeks to assist in any way he can. He knows the key people in the city and can facilitate much business if requested as well as giving sound local advice. The gym and pool are excellent.

Room Tip: The rooms can be quite small and some only have a shower, no bath. But a special request for a bigg...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr Alastair. (Marching Minstrel)

Thank you for staying with us recently, and for your kind comments which I have shared with my team of Minstrels.

We all loved the particular comment about the staff being “attentive and discreet” which is one of the key service aspects we try to achive, i.e. perfect service delivery, without being intrusive.

Thank you once again, we appreciate your loyalty, and your kind comments, as that’s what makes it all worthwhile, and look forward to you marching back to our hotel again in the very near future, where a warm and friendly Pakistani style welcome awaits.

Kind regards.

Gordon James Gorman/General Manager since 2007/Avari Towers/Karachi.
UK
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for many reasons. Primarily, you are treated as a cross between an honoured guest and a member of the family. Staff are incredibly supportive and helpful - nothing is too much trouble and if an urgent need arises - for example, a charging lead for a laptop fails - they will go out of their way to find a suitable solution that gets one out of trouble.

There are a number of very good restaurants on site offering a wide range of cuisines from around the world. Room Service is exemplary; they will cater for all dietary needs and will provide high quality customised meals to suit.

Rooms are comfortable and effectively support both tourist and business guests. Indeed, the hotel is particularly gear to accommodating the latter.

There is a very functional gym and spa suite and an excellent, clean outdoor pool.

Security is of a very high quality; guest can feel safe and secure during their stay.

Finally, the hotel management is excellent - updating the facilities whilst keeping the cultural environment in balance and responding to feedback and suggestions dynamically and effectively.

I have been staying at the Avari regularly for 8 years and am always welcomed back with genuine care and enthusiasm. If you go to Karachi - this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 15th floor offer a really good view across the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Abner,

My small and dedicated band of Hospitality Heroes and I were all delighted to read your review, and to know that you feel like a member of our family, which is just about the highest compliment any guest can pay to a hotelier, and to his or her team.

We were also delighted to learn that you have been staying with us over the past eight years, which means you saw the very best of the old Avari Towers, and the very best of the new Avari Towers, which is still manned, managed and operated by many of the staff members you would have met eight years ago.

We are all hopeful that you will be with us for another eight years, and take this opportunity to send you our sincere thanks for your kind words of appreciation, and for your incredible loyalty, even throughout what was occasioanlly a very disruptive refurbishment program.

Hospitably yours.

Gordon James Gorman | General Manager since 2007 | Avari Towers |

Our goal is to ensure that every guest who visits stays or dines at an Avari International
Hotel leaves happy and satisfied with every aspect of their Avari service experience.
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed for two nights first on the third floor where the noise of the fans outside disturbed my sleep. The hotel was fully booked so I was not able to be transferred until the following day when I ended up at the 10th floor (next to the Business Lounge) which was a quiet room.
Rooms are well sized and staff welcoming. Wifi worked well and safety seemed well catered for. Breakfast was good (not fantastic) and service in the lobby snack area prompt and courteous.

Cleaning can be improved - in the second room the used soap from a previous occupant was still in the messy soap dish and the draw backs of having glass walls separating the bathroom from the rest of the room is that all kinds of marks and splatter are easily spotted on the walls.

The instruction on how to use (close) the bath room door when showering to avoid flooding was unintelligible and I ended up with a pool in the room. ( .. and I was not the only one in the company I travelled with who did not manage to understand this ..)

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor if you dont want to hear the fans
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MarieMalmo
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ms Marie,

As a token of my sincere regret for the inconvenience caused by this most unfortunate disturbance to your sleep, please do write to me directly and I will provide you with a complimentary night's stay.

With reference to the soap dishes, they are cleaned daily as a matter of routine, but I will pass on your comment to my housekeeping team to ensure that particular attention is paid to the cleaning of all soap dishes in the future.

The soap bars come without wrappers to prevent wastage, and all are replaced for all new arrival guests.

I am sorry you did not understand the instructions on how to close the shower cubicle door, however, one just needs to close the shower door firmly to prevent water escaping on to the bathroom door.

Perhaps during your next visit you will allow me or one of my team to demonstrate this action, in the meantime I will try to simplify the instructions to prevent any further confusion.

Thank you for your positive comments on our staff, and on our Asia Live Breakfast Buffet, all of which I will pass on to my team.

Finally may I take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for staying with us, and for taking the time to let me have your feedback, all of which is very much appreciated, and indeed useful for our ongoing customer experience improvement program.

Hospitably yours.

Gordon James Gorman | General Manager | Avari Towers |
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was there for like 2 months and i really enjoyed staying there... The services provided were absolutely out class... It was safe, clean n comfortable.... My only concern was they didn't have separate gym for females neither any specified timings... I gained 20 kg's while my stay... And I really love the GM, he's a great guy

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny... But all the rooms have a bit of noise problem which you can...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryama_asif
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Mrs. Asif,

It was a great pleasure to have you and your husband with us for an extended stay, and we all hope you are now well settled and comfortable in your new home.

Thank you for sharing with us your suggestions on the ladies gym timings, which I will discuss with my operations team in order to ensure that our female guests are henceforth given the opportunity to use the gym facilities in comfort, without the presence of male hotel guests and male members of OSG.

Sorry you ate so much during your stray that you put on weight, which will now be delighted to help you lose, if you give me a call to arrange those special female only gym sessions, which will be joined by several of our female members of our team, whom also want to work out, but only in the presence of other females.

Until we meet again, I send kind regards from all your new friends at Avari Towers, we are looking forward to see you back here again very soon.

Gordon James Gorman | General Manager | Avari Towers |