Avari Towers Karachi
  • Breakfast included
Embassy Inn(Karachi)
Hotel Faran(Karachi)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspillow menuchinese restaurantrooms are moderngeneral manageran oasisroom serviceexcellent hotelthe entire staffbusiness tripan upgradestandard roombreakfast buffetquality of foodcoffee shophouse keepingdynastyfujiyama
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for many reasons. Primarily, you are treated as a cross between an honoured guest and a member of the family. Staff are incredibly supportive and helpful - nothing is too much trouble and if an urgent need arises - for example, a charging lead for a laptop fails - they will go out of their way to find a suitable solution that gets one out of trouble.

There are a number of very good restaurants on site offering a wide range of cuisines from around the world. Room Service is exemplary; they will cater for all dietary needs and will provide high quality customised meals to suit.

Rooms are comfortable and effectively support both tourist and business guests. Indeed, the hotel is particularly gear to accommodating the latter.

There is a very functional gym and spa suite and an excellent, clean outdoor pool.

Security is of a very high quality; guest can feel safe and secure during their stay.

Finally, the hotel management is excellent - updating the facilities whilst keeping the cultural environment in balance and responding to feedback and suggestions dynamically and effectively.

I have been staying at the Avari regularly for 8 years and am always welcomed back with genuine care and enthusiasm. If you go to Karachi - this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 15th floor offer a really good view across the city.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Abner,

My small and dedicated band of Hospitality Heroes and I were all delighted to read your review, and to know that you feel like a member of our family, which is just about the highest compliment any guest can pay to a hotelier, and to his or her team.

We were also delighted to learn that you have been staying with us over the past eight years, which means you saw the very best of the old Avari Towers, and the very best of the new Avari Towers, which is still manned, managed and operated by many of the staff members you would have met eight years ago.

We are all hopeful that you will be with us for another eight years, and take this opportunity to send you our sincere thanks for your kind words of appreciation, and for your incredible loyalty, even throughout what was occasioanlly a very disruptive refurbishment program.

Hospitably yours.

Gordon James Gorman | General Manager since 2007 | Avari Towers |

Our goal is to ensure that every guest who visits stays or dines at an Avari International
Hotel leaves happy and satisfied with every aspect of their Avari service experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed for two nights first on the third floor where the noise of the fans outside disturbed my sleep. The hotel was fully booked so I was not able to be transferred until the following day when I ended up at the 10th floor (next to the Business Lounge) which was a quiet room.
Rooms are well sized and staff welcoming. Wifi worked well and safety seemed well catered for. Breakfast was good (not fantastic) and service in the lobby snack area prompt and courteous.

Cleaning can be improved - in the second room the used soap from a previous occupant was still in the messy soap dish and the draw backs of having glass walls separating the bathroom from the rest of the room is that all kinds of marks and splatter are easily spotted on the walls.

The instruction on how to use (close) the bath room door when showering to avoid flooding was unintelligible and I ended up with a pool in the room. ( .. and I was not the only one in the company I travelled with who did not manage to understand this ..)

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor if you dont want to hear the fans
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MarieMalmo
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Ms Marie,

As a token of my sincere regret for the inconvenience caused by this most unfortunate disturbance to your sleep, please do write to me directly and I will provide you with a complimentary night's stay.

With reference to the soap dishes, they are cleaned daily as a matter of routine, but I will pass on your comment to my housekeeping team to ensure that particular attention is paid to the cleaning of all soap dishes in the future.

The soap bars come without wrappers to prevent wastage, and all are replaced for all new arrival guests.

I am sorry you did not understand the instructions on how to close the shower cubicle door, however, one just needs to close the shower door firmly to prevent water escaping on to the bathroom door.

Perhaps during your next visit you will allow me or one of my team to demonstrate this action, in the meantime I will try to simplify the instructions to prevent any further confusion.

Thank you for your positive comments on our staff, and on our Asia Live Breakfast Buffet, all of which I will pass on to my team.

Finally may I take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for staying with us, and for taking the time to let me have your feedback, all of which is very much appreciated, and indeed useful for our ongoing customer experience improvement program.

Hospitably yours.

Gordon James Gorman | General Manager | Avari Towers |

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was there for like 2 months and i really enjoyed staying there... The services provided were absolutely out class... It was safe, clean n comfortable.... My only concern was they didn't have separate gym for females neither any specified timings... I gained 20 kg's while my stay... And I really love the GM, he's a great guy

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny... But all the rooms have a bit of noise problem which you can't escape if you're staying anywhere in Karachi... It'll trouble you more if you're from calm n peaceful part of Europe.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryama_asif
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Mrs. Asif,

It was a great pleasure to have you and your husband with us for an extended stay, and we all hope you are now well settled and comfortable in your new home.

Thank you for sharing with us your suggestions on the ladies gym timings, which I will discuss with my operations team in order to ensure that our female guests are henceforth given the opportunity to use the gym facilities in comfort, without the presence of male hotel guests and male members of OSG.

Sorry you ate so much during your stray that you put on weight, which will now be delighted to help you lose, if you give me a call to arrange those special female only gym sessions, which will be joined by several of our female members of our team, whom also want to work out, but only in the presence of other females.

Until we meet again, I send kind regards from all your new friends at Avari Towers, we are looking forward to see you back here again very soon.

Gordon James Gorman | General Manager | Avari Towers |

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Enjoyable first stay in Karachi. The hotel felt secure and the staff were highly courteous, even accommodating a v early morning check out. Food was excellent and the top terrace restaurant had great views across the city. Pool was nice, gym was adequate. On site barber was also good and very cheap!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Shiva98
AvariTowers, General Manager at Avari Towers Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Shiva 98.

The three words you have used to describe our hotel, safe, clean and comfortable, are the priorities for most, if not all of our guests, and it is our utmost aim to provide them to you, so thank you for acknowledging our efforts.

We are also glad you enjoyed the food, the views, the pool, the gym, and our legendary barber, who is a much valued and much appreciated member of our team, he will be delighted that you took the time to acknowledge him.

Kind regards and thanks from the entire Avari Towers Team.
Gordon James Gorman
General Manager (Since 2007)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Avari Towers in Karachi is one of the most pleasant hotel stays I have experienced in my many years of travel. From the minute I arrived, I was treated with surprising courtesy and a genuine regard for my well being. The entire staff went out of their way to make me feel at home and safe from the elements. The rooms are modern, the beds are very comfortable, the internet is fast, the service is about as good as it gets it and the restaurants are fantastic. The hotel is run by a seasoned hotelier, Mr. Gordon Gorman, who has a passion for detail and maintaining Five Star standards. I could see he pays as much attention to his staff as he does his guests which makes for a winning team and an excellent stay. I've found my home away from home while in Karachi. Give it a try, you'll love it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David L

Dear David L.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Avari Towers, and for taking a few minutes to send a review, which has been very much appreciated by my entire “winning” team, with whom I have shared your kind comments.

They are all rightly proud, as I am, that we can satisfy and impress seasoned international travelers such as yourself, and that as a result you will leave Pakistan with positive memories and images of this wonderful country, and its truly hospitable people.

Kind regards and thanks from the entire Avari Towers Team.

Gordon James Gorman
General Manager (Since 2007)