“good hotel with very strong security” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi

Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“good hotel with very strong security”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

you do feel safe in this hotel , room was decent food was decent , i didnt try the large number of speciality restaurants, just a shame to be cooped up for so long , but the security is there for a reason

• 4 of 5 bubbles
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review on the site. I am glad to read that you feel safe in our hotel. Guest safety is our highest priority and your appreciation is very encouraging.

My F&B team is happy to read your comments on food. I hope on your next visit you will have a taste of other restaurants also.

Please let us know of your future visit to Karachi.

Muhammad A. Azeem Qureashi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a regular visitor of Karachi and always stay at PC but this time my visit to Europe and my experience with the hotels and their services abroad has constrained me to write this review
I can say this with responsibility that the service provided by PC Karachi is far more excellent than any other five star hotel in Europe.
Why I am saying this?
One the rooms are neat,clean and made up daily. Their toiletries updated daily and the room service is expeditious and in time
Two the staff is really really very courteous. When one enters PC, one witnesses an ever-smiling face of Noor,a Management Incharge,and ever helping Hira and Mr Tanveer. All the staff tries to make you feel at home.
Three the food quality is superb. You can find qualitative food in a cheap price and what to talk about mehfil-e-ghazal at Morcopolo which is unparalelled.
Four the lobby is full of life. Lively people with lively faces found in the lobby twenty four hours. This is unlike the hotels abroad where you seldom find any activity after 12 at night.
One must experience this stay at least once in his life time.
Ayyaz Saleem
Lahore

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Mr. Ayyaz Saleem,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on the site. It is wonderful to know that you found our hotel’s services better than other hotels.

It is delightful to know that you had a comfortable stay, room service was expeditious and in time. Our Front Office and F&B staff is very happy to read your comments about service and food quality.

Our lobby is famous for its lively hood and your comments are favoring it.

It was our absolute pleasure taking care of you and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

With best regards

Rawalpindi, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

While visiting KARACHI, for pleasure or for business, one need peace of mind and relaxed during stay and I found PC Karachi the most suitable place to stay and to conduct business meetings, one can also conduct face to face discussions with individuals during lunch and dinner at relaxed and calm atmosphere. I would suggest readers to try at least once.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Syed Zain,

Many thanks for writing a review on the site. It is very pleasant to know that you found the Hotel most suitable place to stay and conduct business meetings.

It is our highest priority to provide comfortable and peaceful environment to our guests. Thank you very much for sharing your comments and suggesting readers to try our hotel; I and my staff are glad to read them.

I am sure that you will have the same comfortable stay on your future visits to Karachi.

Sharjah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed at PC Karachi for 2 weeks from 23 March 2014. The hotel is almost in the middle of Karachi approx half hour drive from Karachi Airport. It is located in a comparatively secured area and is within easy reach of notable attractions, restos etc. It is generally considered as a four star hotel, however in my opinion, after my recent stay, I can conclude that it is on the verge of becoming a three star hotel because of its falling quality of services. Following are the notable pros and cost

Pros: Very courteous staff, clean rooms, variety of sub-continent and chinese foods and good security

Cons: Very old furniture and carpet which giving a constant feel of outdated hotel, missing one or two toiletries almost on a daily basis, daily door access problem (once I had to wait for 15-20 minutes outside the room because they didn't replace the drained batteries of the access module), malfunctioned wc flush which eventually made me to change the room, occasionally very noisy corridors, crowded lobby in the evening, not-so-taste-fresh breakfast puffs/snacks, not very well groomed housekeeping staff and traffic noise

I have stayed in PC in 2012 for 3 days as well and can easily compare the quality of service being offered now. There are perhaps other hotels in the city offering better service with almost the same price. After the recent stay, unless there very positive reviews posted on tripadvisor, next time I would opt for other hotels in Karachi. Hashoo Group should be on their toes to look across the hospitality industry within and outside Pakistan and bring in improved quality service. Keeping in view the value for money it offers I will now give them 3 rating

Room Tip: Try to get the room facing polo ground.
1 Thank Asad A
Dear Mr. Asad,

Many thanks for taking time to write review on the site. I am happy to know that you found our hotel comparatively secure. Our staff is happy to read your comments regarding room, food and security.

It is disappointing to know that you had reservations on services provided.

The hotel has been providing quality services for more than 40 years and your review has given the scope for further improvement. I have taken note of your points regarding issues related to room & breakfast and will do the best to maintain standards. Different areas of the hotel, including lobby, rooms and restaurants are under renovation; I am sure that on your next stay with the Hotel you will feel the difference.

Please do let us know of your next visit to Karachi and I am sure that you will have a more comfortable and pleasant stay.

With best regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

It was an awesome hotel experience in Pakistan I think it's the best hotel in Karachi the service provided was was spontaneous the greeting of departure was so good we didn't except that for me and my family the hotel was awesome

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Usama786
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Usama,

It is so wonderful to hear that you had an awesome experience. I am pleased to read that the service was spontaneous. We genuinely are interested in our guests and we want them to have a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who are indeed very grateful and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to Karachi.

Faisalabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My stay in PC Karachi was 20 Mar to 22 Mar 2014, I would be highly appreciated to staff of PC Karachi that they are highly professional staff, awesome room services and house keeping during my stay. However The staff of Miss NOSHEEN AGRM is very professional personality in staff. She is very hard worker, honest, responsible of her job very well.
Thanks

Room Tip: O yes the floors lobby need to improve AC services
1 Thank zeeshan7966
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Zeeshan,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It is indeed a pleasure to read your comments, our highest priority is to provide best services available to our valued guests. Your comments are very encouraging and motivational.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our services as well. I have taken note of your room tip regarding air conditioning service and will take necessary steps to improve it.

I hope you will have the same level of satisfaction on your future stays with us.

Lahore, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very friendly staff , room are very good house keeping excellent, nice food , courteous staff and very secure hotel but lobby was always crowded ...Excellent executive lounge...25-30 min drive from airport ...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RaheelR
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Raheel,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review. It is a pleasure to know that you like our hotel and its services. Your nice comments are very encouraging.

We want our guests to feel that they feel secure when staying with us so I am glad we succeeded.

I am sure that you will enjoy the same comfort and hospitality on your future visits also.