“A Wonderful Experience”

Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a regular visitor of Karachi and always stay at PC but this time my visit to Europe and my experience with the hotels and their services abroad has constrained me to write this review
I can say this with responsibility that the service provided by PC Karachi is far more excellent than any other five star hotel in Europe.
Why I am saying this?
One the rooms are neat,clean and made up daily. Their toiletries updated daily and the room service is expeditious and in time
Two the staff is really really very courteous. When one enters PC, one witnesses an ever-smiling face of Noor,a Management Incharge,and ever helping Hira and Mr Tanveer. All the staff tries to make you feel at home.
Three the food quality is superb. You can find qualitative food in a cheap price and what to talk about mehfil-e-ghazal at Morcopolo which is unparalelled.
Four the lobby is full of life. Lively people with lively faces found in the lobby twenty four hours. This is unlike the hotels abroad where you seldom find any activity after 12 at night.
One must experience this stay at least once in his life time.
Ayyaz Saleem
Lahore

• Stayed: April 2014
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Mr. Ayyaz Saleem,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on the site. It is wonderful to know that you found our hotel’s services better than other hotels.

It is delightful to know that you had a comfortable stay, room service was expeditious and in time. Our Front Office and F&B staff is very happy to read your comments about service and food quality.

Our lobby is famous for its lively hood and your comments are favoring it.

It was our absolute pleasure taking care of you and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

With best regards

There are newer reviews for Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi

Reviewed April 10, 2014

While visiting KARACHI, for pleasure or for business, one need peace of mind and relaxed during stay and I found PC Karachi the most suitable place to stay and to conduct business meetings, one can also conduct face to face discussions with individuals during lunch and dinner at relaxed and calm atmosphere. I would suggest readers to try at least once.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Syed Zain,

Many thanks for writing a review on the site. It is very pleasant to know that you found the Hotel most suitable place to stay and conduct business meetings.

It is our highest priority to provide comfortable and peaceful environment to our guests. Thank you very much for sharing your comments and suggesting readers to try our hotel; I and my staff are glad to read them.

I am sure that you will have the same comfortable stay on your future visits to Karachi.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed at PC Karachi for 2 weeks from 23 March 2014. The hotel is almost in the middle of Karachi approx half hour drive from Karachi Airport. It is located in a comparatively secured area and is within easy reach of notable attractions, restos etc. It is generally considered as a four star hotel, however in my opinion, after my recent stay, I can conclude that it is on the verge of becoming a three star hotel because of its falling quality of services. Following are the notable pros and cost

Pros: Very courteous staff, clean rooms, variety of sub-continent and chinese foods and good security

Cons: Very old furniture and carpet which giving a constant feel of outdated hotel, missing one or two toiletries almost on a daily basis, daily door access problem (once I had to wait for 15-20 minutes outside the room because they didn't replace the drained batteries of the access module), malfunctioned wc flush which eventually made me to change the room, occasionally very noisy corridors, crowded lobby in the evening, not-so-taste-fresh breakfast puffs/snacks, not very well groomed housekeeping staff and traffic noise

I have stayed in PC in 2012 for 3 days as well and can easily compare the quality of service being offered now. There are perhaps other hotels in the city offering better service with almost the same price. After the recent stay, unless there very positive reviews posted on tripadvisor, next time I would opt for other hotels in Karachi. Hashoo Group should be on their toes to look across the hospitality industry within and outside Pakistan and bring in improved quality service. Keeping in view the value for money it offers I will now give them 3 rating

Room Tip: Try to get the room facing polo ground.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Asad A

Dear Mr. Asad,

Many thanks for taking time to write review on the site. I am happy to know that you found our hotel comparatively secure. Our staff is happy to read your comments regarding room, food and security.

It is disappointing to know that you had reservations on services provided.

The hotel has been providing quality services for more than 40 years and your review has given the scope for further improvement. I have taken note of your points regarding issues related to room & breakfast and will do the best to maintain standards. Different areas of the hotel, including lobby, rooms and restaurants are under renovation; I am sure that on your next stay with the Hotel you will feel the difference.

Please do let us know of your next visit to Karachi and I am sure that you will have a more comfortable and pleasant stay.

With best regards

Reviewed April 3, 2014

It was an awesome hotel experience in Pakistan I think it's the best hotel in Karachi the service provided was was spontaneous the greeting of departure was so good we didn't except that for me and my family the hotel was awesome

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Usama786
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Mr. Usama,

It is so wonderful to hear that you had an awesome experience. I am pleased to read that the service was spontaneous. We genuinely are interested in our guests and we want them to have a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who are indeed very grateful and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to Karachi.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My stay in PC Karachi was 20 Mar to 22 Mar 2014, I would be highly appreciated to staff of PC Karachi that they are highly professional staff, awesome room services and house keeping during my stay. However The staff of Miss NOSHEEN AGRM is very professional personality in staff. She is very hard worker, honest, responsible of her job very well.
Thanks

Room Tip: O yes the floors lobby need to improve AC services
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank zeeshan7966
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Mr. Zeeshan,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It is indeed a pleasure to read your comments, our highest priority is to provide best services available to our valued guests. Your comments are very encouraging and motivational.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our services as well. I have taken note of your room tip regarding air conditioning service and will take necessary steps to improve it.

I hope you will have the same level of satisfaction on your future stays with us.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very friendly staff , room are very good house keeping excellent, nice food , courteous staff and very secure hotel but lobby was always crowded ...Excellent executive lounge...25-30 min drive from airport ...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RaheelR
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Mr. Raheel,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review. It is a pleasure to know that you like our hotel and its services. Your nice comments are very encouraging.

We want our guests to feel that they feel secure when staying with us so I am glad we succeeded.

I am sure that you will enjoy the same comfort and hospitality on your future visits also.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I would have appreciated this hotel if I had not stayed in 5 Star Dubai hotels. The rooms, furniture and carpets are old. The hotel lobby and hall are always over-crowded with wedding and exhibition guests. Executive rooms are no more comfortable than ordinary rooms. Executive lounge is very small for 3 Executive floors guests. Breakfast place is over-crowded and other in-house restaurants like Chandni are big names with ordinary taste dishes. The renovation of rooms and change of furniture is overdue. Mr. Hashwani should send some of his staff to Avari Towers to see how they have refurbished their rooms to give a look of new hotel and provide comfort to its guests. But PC seems more focused to get its revenue from wedding and corporate functions than from typical hotel guests. Once try Avari Towers and you would never like to stay in any other hotel of Karachi.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Saima_Mohsin
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Ms. Saima Mohsin,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review on the site. Your comments are in support of the fact that our hotel has become the center of attraction for social event and our valued guest.

I regret that your stay on our Executive floor was not up to your expectations, I have taken note of your concerns regarding Executive Lounge, Restaurant and Rooms. Since your visit last year we have made many changes/renovations and the same are on-going, I am sure when you next visit us you will note the changes.

I am sure that on your next visit you will find Pearl Continental a more comfortable and attractive place to stay. Please do let us know about your next visit to Karachi, me and my team will be happy to have you stay with us once again.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments.