“Long time since - still good !” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Long time since - still good !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited Karachi for a couple of nights for the first time in 5 years. Difference is more protected, more security, but inside the same good service and food ! Number of restaurants with good food and service ! Rooms as before, but maybe a renewal is due ?

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank torejohnsen48
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write review. It is our top most priority to provide safety and security to our guest. It is very encouraging to know that you liked our food and service.

Thank you for appreciating service in restaurants. Further elaborate comments on room would have been helpful.

Please do let us know of your next visit to that we can arrange your room as per your preferences.

Muhammad A. Azeem Qureashi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I just came back from a luxuriously papmpered stay at Karachi. From the moment I arrived at the hotel, I was taken care of by their well-mannered staff. My room was splendidly done. The food at the restaurants were superb. I highly recomment that when you visit Karachi, stay at PC and you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Roomson the Pearl floor are awsome!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Zeenat J
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Ms. Zeenat,

Many thanks for taking time to write review on the site. I am very pleased to know that your stay was very comfortable and you like our hotel and services.

Your comments on food are passed to concerned staff and they are also very happy to read them.

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel. I am sure that you will have same comfortable stay in Pearl Continental Karachi on your future visits also.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in an executive suite on 9th Floor
Security arrangement strict. the staff is friendly the lobby is very large.
The service provided was excellent. The food served was nice.

The only bad thing is in the peak time it gets too busy to get out of hotel as traffic is major concern outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Muhammad Z
Dear Mr. Muhammad,

Many thanks for writing review on the site. It is indeed a pleasure to know that you like our hotel and services.

Your comments are very motivating our staff is also happy to read them.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days.

The good:
- Security - main reason I decided to stay here.
- Breakfast was included with my room, and the breakfast buffet was great! Lots of options, including made-to-order Halva Puri.
- I needed a suit and shirt ironed for a function that I needed to attend. I was short on time so I called the front desk and was routed to the appropriate department. A VERY kind old man came to my room, and asked me how I wanted the suit and shirt ironed. Shortly after, he returned it to my room, and his ironing job was PERFECT. To this day, I still remember how friendly he was.
- Our room was decorated well, and had plenty of space.
- TV was big, and had plenty of channels.

The bad:
- The rooms did not have microwaves. I called room service, and they said that they could warm up my food for me. The second day, I called again, and they said that they do not warm up food. I explained that it was done 1 day prior, but they said they don't anymore... seriously people, you need to make one rule and stick to it. Changing this mid-way is irritating.
- I needed to pack some food, and called room service for some containers, and was told I would be sent a few. A family member staying in another room had requested containers a few days prior, and was given them for free. I confirmed that there was no charge for the containers. When they were delivered to my room, the guy at the door made it a point to tell me that I was given these "complimentary". I was slightly irritated at his tone, and said that I knew these were free. He continued to say that normally they weren't but they were provided free "just for me" and were usually charged at such-and-such amount. I said "ok, thanks", but he stood there, seemingly waiting for a tip.
- I requested a new bedsheet (I prefer to just change it myslef), and it took at least an hour for them to get it to my room (after two phone calls)

Again, security was my main purpose of staying here, and that part was good. As for the rest, unfortunately, I have seen better.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank L37STS
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Mr. Ali,

Many thanks for taking time to write the review. I am glad to know that you like our room, food and security arrangements.

Your comments on laundry service are very motivating and our staff is also happy to read them.

I have taken note of room service and housekeeping and have instructed the concern staff to provide prompt service. I am sure that you will feel the difference on you next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed for two nights for a friends wedding who was getting marries in the same hotel. It definitely was the best option available for us as it served the purpose we were in Karachi for.
The Food was nice. The hotel security takes good measures in screening the guests. Hotel provided free airport pickup and drop off.
The rooms was outdated and small, bathroom was all clogged up. The room service was very slow. Internet speed was very slow. Window opened up to a terrible view of dusty hotel exterior. The laundry prices were exuberant, more then what we have ever paid in any hotel all around the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Danial S
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write review on the site. It is pleasant to know that you like our food and security arrangements and I hope you enjoyed the marriage ceremony as well.

It was disappointing to read that your experience with room service and the internet was not up to the mark. We will surely look in to this and will do our best to provide prompt service.

I am sure that you will have a more comfortable stay in Pearl Continental Karachi on your next visit.

Bahawalpur, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi for 3 nights in Mid of January. Excellent security, clean and comfortable room, responsive and cooperative staff. Quick reservation confirmation, reservation staff called on my check-in day and reconfirmed as I had to arrive at midnight. Express chek-in through executive desk was not available at mid night. Reception and check-in was smooth. Room reserved for me was according to my request, non-smoking, garden side. Bell boy guided me and took my luggage to my room. Excellent breakfast, due to high occupancy had to wait for few minutes to get a table on first day. Guest relations manager Ms. Nuzhat personally called and asked about my stay and her assistant Ms. Hira called everyday. Laundry staff picked & delivered back my laundry well in time. Spa facilities and staff is very good. Housekeeping staff is very helpful.
Few negative points: Staff at Executive Club Lounge is slow and perhaps not trained to work at Club Lounge. He was transferred from other assignment about a week earlier. All over the world executive floor guests are allowed to check-out late, during my recent stay I could not get this facility. After my check-out I saw General Manager in the lobby and informed him, he immediately allowed late check-out but I preferred to spend my time at health club as I had already vacated my room and put my luggage with concierge. Hotel should offer choice of pillows and make it known to guests.
I am a frequent traveler and stay at five star hotels around the globe so my expectations are high. I will like to stay again at PC Hotel in my next visit to Karachi.
Masood A. Majeed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Masood-Majeed
Dear Mr. Majeed,

I am glad to know that you like our security arrangements, your room was comfortable and according to your preferences. Thank you very much for your positive comments for our staff, they are also happy to read them.

Regarding Executive Club Lounge staff, we will surely look in to and make sure that prompt service is provided. I regret the inconvenience caused by the unavailability of late checkout at the time of your departure; it was just due to high occupancy. I assure you that we will do our best to meet your high expectations on your future visits.

I am delighted that you like the hotel and its services. It is rewarding to hear that you are planning to stay with Pearl Continental on your next visit.

With best regards,

Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

recently I spend my birthday in this hotel and although I arrived from a night flight and the staff woke me up during my sleep, I was surprised with a birthday cake, birthday songs and some small presents by the guest relation manager and her staff. Very unique to me.
The hotel is kind of authentic and my roomservice meal was huge and tasty (Biryani).

Staff is friendly like always in Pakistan and I felt pretty safe within the walls.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Japie34
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Japie34,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the site. It is always our great pleasure in taking care of our guests.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your birthday experience. I am also delighted that you felt unique on this occasion.

I have shared your comments with our room service staff and they are very happy that you like the service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.