“Better than expected”

Karachi Marriott Hotel
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Karachi
Reviewed February 3, 2014

So, the staff I found extremely pleasant and helpful, in marked contrast to some reviews on TripAdvisor. When I landed an important (to me) tennis match was well into the conclusion of the first set and the staff suggested I go up to the business lounge immediately and check in at my leisure. What a lovely touch and how nice to suggest it.

Had an issue with the shower, reported it quickly in the morning and when I had returned later it had been fixed.

Had a funny tummy from the long flight so didn't brave any spicy food. The business lounge is fine and they are happy to deliver food from the other restaurants.

Everyone from the doorman to receptionist to cleaners were very friendly; they have to stay quite upbeat because they have to get used to snobby guests looking down or ignoring them. Oh well, that's the Indian subcontinent for you.

Security is very impressive for guests, Lot's of perimeter checks etc.

Tried the Chinese restaurant, food was OK. The Rasmulai dessert was lovely, think I had it each night.

Room was clean but due for a refurbishmen

Gets four stars from me for the checking in experience and security.

Room Tip: I didn't need to use the AC in the room the whole time I was there.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert C
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking time out from your busy scheduled and writing such nice and encouraging comments for us. It is such a pleasure that we made you feel at home. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Karachi Marriott very soon.

There are newer reviews for Karachi Marriott Hotel

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My stay at Marriot Karachi was awesome .. I stayed here for a short period of time but it was excellent. The staff was good and most importantly the environment of Marriot is According to International Standards. The best thing in it was its Specialty in Desi food which i like very much.The room was quite comfortable and i am happy to share my views because i got the facilities beyond my expectations.
Slightly Improvement in room renovation can make it more attractive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Subyal
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for writing such encouraging comments for us. We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had another chance of visiting Marriott Karachi. Although it was a short trip, but the staff at the hotel made every possible effort to make it extremely comfortable. Excellent service, very comfortable room with all the amenities. We were upgraded to the Executive floor with a great view. I would like to thank the management and staff for making all the effort.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sabafaisal
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you so much for acknowledging our efforts. You have actually made our day! It gives us great pleasure to know that your stay at the Marriott was memorable and with this we assure you that we will give you more wonderful reasons to visit Karachi Marriott again and again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

we have organize the IT security Hands on workshop in the Marriott Karachi 3rd time. It was 5 days workshop and we have experiences wonderful services from Marriott. This training was not have been possible with out the outstanding support and cooperation of Marriott IT department. Acknowledgment to the IT Team for providing us services 24/7.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking time out to write such wonderful words about us. It is such a joy for us that you have acknowledged the genuine care that we have for our guests. Thank you again and with this we hope to see you at Karachi Marriott soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

First time and last time I used Marriott Karachi Hotel.
One of the tow rooms we booked weas disgusting smelly as there was a team of smokers living in there before for weeks and smoking like hell.
The internet connection was very weak or most time not availiable.

These two points are uttermost important for a Luxury Hotel in this category and could be expected.

Room Tip: Sorry but after this experiances I would not recommend the Marriott Karachi anymore.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for writing to us and highlighting the issues that you had faced. We would sincerely like to apologize for the inconvenience caused but at the same time we really wish that you had brought it in the knowledge of the Duty Manager that you were being bothered by the smoke, we would have immediately changed your room. we assure you that you will have a pleasant stay when you will visit us next time.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I went to Pakistan after 2 years and stayed there with my wife . The staff were really rude at first . We stayed there for two days then at the time on checkout the receptionist asked me did I used the mini bar ?. I said yes but weren't sure the exact number of chips we ate. So I told them 2 drinks and 2 chips .they charged me for that then we were heading towards the airport at night . The receptionist called me and told me that you consume 2 more drinks and few crisps so you have to pay for that . I was like ok I Am happy to pay but I am getting late for my flight please informed your driver about the amount I will pay . The driver stop the car in the middle of the road at night .we were so scared I was with my wife .i paid him extra money and then he dropped me at airport .oh my God I am not staying there again we paid them 250 dollars for 2 nights and they stopped the car at the middle of the night for few dollars ?

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Samay9999
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Sir,

we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you so much for writing such a detailed comment because it has really highlighted the area of improvement. We have taken strict notice of the issue and we assure you that you will have a pleasant stay at Karachi Marriott next time.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

You have the worst customer service ever, your rooms smell, your team smell and more over you deliberately ignore your customers.

You give me a different room type than the one in my confirmation email without telling me coz u simply got over booked!

You don't change the bed sheets when asked!!

I have a freakin broken window in my room which I reported to be fixed 9:00 AM and its almost 9:00 PM with the broken window!!!!!!!!!

AM I SUPPOSED TO CONTINUE SLEEPING WITH THAT AND BARE THE COLD AND NOISE THAT I KEPT UP WITH FOR THE PAST 3 NIGHTS OR SHOULD I HIDE IT AGAIN BEHIND THE CURTAIN LIKE U ORIGANLLY DID. SHAME ON U

Room Tip: don't, go to Sheraton Karachi or PCL they are much better
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MIMagdy
MarriottKarachi, General Manager at Karachi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Sir,

we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. All the points that you have highlighted we have already noted them down and we assure you that your next stay with us is extremely comfortable. we again apologize!