“Best unique experience ever”

Sakana - The First Fish Spa
Hartford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best unique experience ever”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

So, obviously no trip to Pakistan is complete without a girl visiting a salon! I went about five times over the span of my few month trip. I enjoyed it each and every time. My family recommended we make an appointment so I could have the best first time experience at Sakana. I'm very glad I did, because they were so expecting me. The main reason I went was for a fish mani/pedi. It tickled at first but it got so relaxing in the end. The facials, pedicures, everything I had done were all so amazing. This became my beauty spot and is currently my family's beauty spot. I must emphasize that this is a very family oriented salon/spa. I remember the third time I went, the staff was dealing with inappropriate male customers who kept insisting on having massages done by women. The staff then was so nice and was trying to explain to them that they did not allow for such massages because it ruins their family like atmosphere. Obviously, those men left but not before whining and complaining like hormonal teenagers. Sorry guys, but if you aren't looking for a salon/spa you can enjoy with family without having to worry about whether or not this spa is affiliated with inappropriate conduct, then steer clear of Sakana. It might be why my family loves this place. They have a separate salon/spa for men and women. Also, if you have an appointment and your family is really big , then they temporarily close off a sector just for that family. They did it twice for my family and I. Also, I just absolutely LOVED the delicious complimentary a Boba Tea they gave us. I think it came with our package? Not sure. As far as prices are concerned, their prices are reasonable. Sorry for the rambling but since finding authentic and hygienic fish pedicures is hard in the US I just felt like sharing my Lahore experience with everyone. Basically, if you like a nice respectful staff that makes you feel at home and has many different things to offer this place is for you. Oh and check out that nori facial!
I went in November and December of 2013

Visited November 2013
8 Thank Mariam C

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Yay! Fish pedicures!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was recommended this place from my travel agent who planned my trip to Lahore.

I was traveling for my cousins wedding and had heard so much about fish pedicures in Pakistan. Their not really that common here so I really wanted to try this in Lahore.

First, i researched if there were other fish spas around and I stopped by a mall with my cousins to check out a stall at the mall. Worst decision ever. The water stunk and looked absolutely horrible, not to mention the fish looked nothing like the fish online. I'm pretty sure they were regular algae eaters.

So, after that I decided to stop by Sakana. I was pleasantly surprised that their head manager is American! I felt so at ease with being able to speak fluently with her and decided to make an appointment since they were already busy.

The appointment process, fish pedicure, and body massage I received there were fantastic! I'm used to spending hundreds at my go to spa in NYC so I was thrilled at spending less than $70. The fishes were totally unique. I felt like a hundred hands tiny hands were massaging my feet. Some of the employees did get a little nervous as they were attending to me but I found it sweet because according to the manager, they were trying to give me the best service they could.

My cousins also decided to tag along and I finally convinced the to get fish pedicures as well. It was fun watching them squirm. It was a great experience. I'm surprised this place hasn't been listed on this website already.

Visited December 2013