“Sleep somewhere else.”

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Lahore
London, Ontario, Canada
“Sleep somewhere else.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I would not reccomend this hotel. For the price (5000 rupees for a double, off season), it was very poor. The sheets were not clean, so we requested they be changed. The large blankets were smelly, so we did not use them. The bathroom had no tissue and was old. The electricity was out most of the time, and they did not provide other lighting. On a good note, the room was painted nicely and the breakfast was ok, fried egg or omelet, toast and tea.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Carrie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I and two friends of mine visited this Hotel in July 2012 for a night only. There were three reasons due to which we selected this hotel:

1. They had generator (so no load-shedding effect).
2. It was close to Anar Kali (where we had to go).
3. It looked good in pictures.

It was hard to search the place as nobody knew about Lake Road so if you want to go to this hotel, always ask for JAYN MANDAR rather than Lake Rd. Courtesy our GPS, we found the hotel and reached there at about 1am and were very tired. The person named RANA at reception was very co-operative and he gave us discounted rates (Rs. 3500 for executive room with B/F).

Our room's windows opened in the street so there was noise all the time. The bathrooms were sub-standard and the bedsheets and pillows were not properly washed. In the morning, we saw that the vinyl-floor was also dusty which was not clearly visible at night. The phone line was NOT working so there was no way to complain for anything, electricity plugs were broken (only one was working) so all of us could not charge our cellphones as well.

Breakfast was however better, especially the tea they served was good.

Room Tip: Do not choose the room with windows in the street if you want some sound sleep; its noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank wesshere
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I reserved my room few weeks in advance and stayed for only one night on 06/24/2012 at Mirage hotel. My room was not ready on my arrival and the one given to me had the AC that stopped working within few minutes. Anyway, they've moved me to another executive room than my original standard room at no extra cost to me. From there onwards, everything has been nice and my stay was pleasant. They offer complimentary breakfast as well if you go to their dining hall. They also arranged transport at additional charge when I was checking out to nearby Daewoo bus service terminal. I paid PKR 2,500 (US $27) after little bargain though I was told their original price for standard room was PKR 3,500. I checked out with satisfied guest.

Room Tip: Reserve your room in advance, ask for some discount, remind them couple of hours in advance on phone...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank AsifAN
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Booked the Mirage Hotel Lahore online. It looked nice, simple and cheap online which was what I was looking for. Arrived on the 10th November 2011 and my heart sank. The room we were given was disgusting. The bathroom was like something out of a horror movie, it was dirty and covered in mould. The bedding was dirty and smelt. We complained and were shown another 3 rooms which were just as bad as the first. I had booked and paid for the deluxe rooms as I thought the basic room might be too basic so I'l pay a little extra.

The staff advised me that these rooms were the best in the hotel yet they looked nothing like the pictures I had seen online. I decided against staying there as I just could not bring myself to use the bathroom.

When we had arrived we were asked to pay for 6 nights which I stupidly did without seeing the rooms. After an hour we decided not to stay so trying to get a refund was the next nightmare. The manager refused to refund the payment I had made just an hour earlier saying that there was nothing wrong with the rooms we had been shown and that he would have them cleaned properly but by this point I just did not want to stay.

We got a taxi and left as the manager refused to refund any of the payment we had made. We then went and booked into the Smart Hotel in Liberty which was so much cleaner and nicer. I would never recommend for anyone to stay at the Mirage Hotel Lahore unless you want to sleep in smelly beds and use a dirty bathroom!!!!!!

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
17 Thank Samina H
miragehtl, Director of Sales at Mirage Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We will reply to your rightful concerns. I wanted to take action on this complaint personally because this simply did not sit right with us if any customer is so much frustrated and a victim of fraud! We understand that our services were no where near what you expected and therefore I will try to only focus on the payment issue because it can be considered a scam and cost few people their jobs.

After trying to convince your group to stay, the decision was made to give you a refund. We have gone over the video footage and records to see how the events unfolded. I am sure your that as customer you require your refund straight away especially when you have paid in the morning of same day.

Nov 10 – Thurs: The GM called the Bank to cancel the your Visa transaction and they responded that they will let us know by tomorrow morning. In order to keep the transaction transparent for records, an email was sent to you same afternoon notifying that the payment will be refunded and what bank said and along with apologies and asked if there were any other concerns.

Nov 11 – Fri: The bank said that they were unable to cancel as their corresponding bank had already charged to your Visa card. The hotel asked them to send the payment (it is in the form of cheque) urgently. Bank assured to send the cheque within 2 business days instead of usual 3-4 business days.

Nov 12 – Sat: Received a reply from your you stating to refund the monies and the hotel replied that it will be done asap.

Nov 16 – Wed: After several calls to the Bank, the cheque was received put into the account and the hotel paid back on Nov 17 (except 1 day charge)

If the payment was in cash, it would have been paid back right away but since the credit card payments can be cancelled by the customer, above measures were taken. The staff would have paid you in cash from hotel’s funds but since your stay was for more than 10 days in Lahore and the amount was substantial therefore, they did not make a cash payment for a transaction that has not been received by themselves.

I am sure you can understand from a staff’s point of view who makes the equivalent of this refund amount in more than 3 months and will be hesitant to make a decision to pay in cash.

Rs32400 after taking out the VISA 3% commission with a signature. Kindly see attached scanned copy of the receipt and let me know if you don’t think you have signed this receipt. We know how we will feel if we are not clarified honestly.

Best,
Lahore
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed for a longer period at the hotel and got best deal down to 2200 PKR via hrs.com.
For shorter stays it was a little higher, but still worth the amount.

The staff at the reception desk is friendly (more friendly than at the desk of PC hotel) I had most of the time good internet connection via wireless (e.g. Sunfort hotel had always a problem and a guy came to your room to give you a fix IP address, but then asking for some extra ...)

Location is very interesting, since there are many restaurants and markets in walking distance.

Many TukTuk drivers do not know the way to the hotel, but if you say Arnakali Food Street, they will find it.

To assure good service and a smile, 100 PKR for the room mate and 100 PKR for the breakfast waiter is efficient, and even addint this it is best deal for your money, compared to Sunfort (near Liberty market) and PC, where I also stayed before..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Otto E
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Good hotel - great location - basically on food st and u can get any kinda food u want... famous faluda place right opposite... rooms were nice, breakfast was good and the staff were really freindly and helpful.. haggled on the price and got it down to 2200 night where as on website it said abt 3500... so do haggle!
Had WIFI as well which is a plus!

Room Tip: Haggle on the price!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TheAfridian22
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I read all the 19 out of19 reviews and was quite impressed by the good to great experiences the travellers had at this Mirage Hotel. I am originally from Lahore, lived in Gulberg-III and went to University of Engineering & Technology to study Architecture. I speak & understand Urdu & Punjabi.I am looking forward to staying at this hotel for a week. The rates are somewhat which I can afford. The location is also something I would to be close to the old part of Lahore. I am therefore forward to a nice, comfortable and safe stay here.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo