“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Avari Hotel Lahore

Avari Hotel Lahore
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Lahore
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I recently spent 5 days at the Avari, with my husband, who was here for business. From the moment we arrived at about 4.30 am, to the coolness of the a/c and the lovely rose-scented room, the stay was excellent. I was in the hotel on my own during the day and felt completely safe and secure throughout. The executive lounge on the third floor was a good place to get a cup of tea and read the papers.

Having read previous reviews about the intrusive room service, I was on my guard, but didn't experience any problems, and if I asked them to come back later at a certain time, that's just what they did. The room service was excellent (they tidied and folded up my clothes far better than I do at home!).
The staff were all very helpful, knew my name each time I went in and out etc.

Just one word of warning - I bought a book from the bookstore in the lobby and had to pay in dollars as I didn't have any PRs, and get a very iffy exchange rate! When I queried this (having checked the correct rate) I was told that library rate is different! and when I pointed out the price written in PRs he tried to tell me it wass in Indian rupees because the book wass imported from India er.......

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SmokeysMum

Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is a very good hotel that I have stayed in since the mid-1990s. Well worth the money. Check out my full review on www.travelblog.org/bloggers/quartermainesworld. which has other useful hotel reviews and interesting stories.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank QuartermainesWorld
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I've stayed at the Avari quite a few times, most recently in August, and it's always been a reliably comfortable and friendly home-from-home. The internet is good, the rooms are comfortable, the pool is a delight and there's always an interesting flow of people coming through. The security feels pretty good and the staff try very hard to please. You can usually get something of a discount from the rack rate so it's always worth asking.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank AndrewBWashingtonDC
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Avari Lahore is comfortable and clean with a well-trained staff, however renovations are needed to keep up with international standards. Security is tight and the lobby is well-presented. Easy connection to fast internet. I cannot vouch for value, as this was the only hotel I stayed at in Lahore. . .it seemed expensive to me compared to other hotels of similar quality across Asia. I had the breakfast and lunch buffets and both are solid offers. The breakfast buffet, although not on par with other 4 & 5-star hotels in Asia (e.g. Hyatt Manila, Marriot Bangkok), it has a basic selection of pastries, eggs to order, juices, and a variety of "main courses." Nothing remarkable, but fills you up. The lunch buffet was good for the price (about $12 USD) with quite a few fresh salad selections and international menu items. Again, a nice and secure hotel. . .look for discounts or special offers on the room price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Magicbinthai
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Hotels in Countries like Pakistan are overloaded with staff all keen to help. The Avari is no exception. Easy check in bearing in mind it was 3 am. 3rd floor executive room well worth the extra. Rooms comfortable and not small, Security is at a high level, thank goodness! Restaurants are also good. Japanese excellent be warned you can easily over order with the attendant bill. Breakfast buffet good everything is available except bacon. Beef with breakfast doesn't quite do it for me but its a mattrer of personal taste.
You will need to book a car and driver hertz is there but expensive. the hotel does have others. or call03004983504 Sallaudin the guy i use will do you a good deal.Overall very good. thry for a corporate deal. the company you are visitng i am sure will have one.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank boscobel
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We arrived at the Avari after a long car journey with our 4 small children. The service was exceptional and the room super. The food was excellent with the complimentary breakfast the best I have ever had. The swimming pool was clean and relaxed. In response to the earlier reviewers observation about staff coming to change the fruit basket/towel provide chocolate etc - we too experienced this. We put it down to them wanting a tip!!! We utilised the Do Not Disturb sign but it was simply ignored. This did not detract from our 2 night stay. Had we been there longer I would have had to sort it out. Hihly recommended

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Shak-Clare
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Overall, this is a good choice in Lahore. The rooms are fine, though some difficulty in getting the right socket to recharge my laptop. And the complimentary wireless was appreciated. Breakfast buffet is just okay, and the meals I had from room service were instantly forgettable. I guess the only other downside was with some of the staff who aggressively sought gratuities for little or no real service. The general experience, however, was positive and I will stay at the Avari again on my next visit to Lahore.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business