Avari Hotel Lahore
Smart Hotel(Lahore)
$91
$88
$89
All reviewsjapanese restaurantthird floorclub floorpakistani foodthe executive loungehome away from homefavorite hotelold world charmrooms are cleansushidecent hotelplace to staybusiness tripan upgradeswimming poolhotel staffroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed in February 2014 three days in the Avari. This was my third visit, but the first time I stayed more than a short night. The rooms are very ok and the service was good. Outside environment is quiet. Breakfast is nice. They have a number of restaurants. The Pakistani restaurant is very nice. The Japanese I did not try but looks good from the outside and the menu looks good. As a person living in Southeast Asia the Chinese food was quite poor and needs an upgrade in taste. The biggest disappointment was actually the continental food. Please do not order Pizza - the worst I have tasted in a long time. Wonder how a five star hotel cannot be able to prepare a decent pizza. Can't be so difficult. And some other continental food should be upgraded including a better room menu (the same as in the cafe). Needs alos more vegetarian dishes. Otherwise the hotel is highly recommended. 4 Stars from me.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GMLHE-AVA, Public Relations Manager at Avari Hotel Lahore, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Avari Lahore. We value your feedback!
Our chefs are working on introducing a healthful menu in the restaurants and room service that is sure to include vegetarian dishes. Furthermore, the Lakhnavi, our newest culinary feat, offers a variety of vegetarian dishes that are a must try, inlcuding a sumptous vegetarian thaali. Do try it on your next trip.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

What a hotel...... I arrived in Pakistan as a single female traveller .... but was met by friends at Lahore airport.... Pakistan was not on my hit list of places to visit .... I stayed seven nights at the Avari hotel and cannot fault this hotel.... the staff were amazing... so very courteous .....nothing was to much trouble...rooms were beautiful.... lots of complimentary fruits water cakes chocolales daily in the room... bed turn down service each evening..... three great restaurants.... n a nice pool..... I stayed on second floor which I would recommend as they over look pool as opposed to the road. When I arrived in Lahore I was very alarmed as car was searched by armed police... boot of car bonnet n inside..... but the security in this hotel is perfect... as a single female I felt so safe.....I attended a friends wedding which was over three days.... what an amazing experience... I recommend anyone travelling to Lahore to stay in this hotel.... good location....fabulous staff...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Sharon A
GMLHE-AVA, Public Relations Manager at Avari Hotel Lahore, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Sharon thank you for taking the time to write a glorious review of your stay at Avari Lahore!
We hope Avari's warm hospitality has convicned you to return to Lahore soon. On your next visit may we recommend the Lady Avari rooms on the 3rd floor catering primarily to the single female traveller. We've recently added an open-air Sky Lounge overlooking the pool! Keep visiting.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am still in the Hotel while writing this review.
In addition to the poor breakfast, very old furniture, unstoppable music that comes from I don't know where, I encountered today a situation of unavailability of hot water due to some gas problem happening all over Lahore city.
The funny part is when you call the reception and you hear of the personnel telling you "Oh my God, I will send someone to pump hot water into your room" knowing he was the same one who told me that it is a central problem. I finally had to take my shower with cold water.
I honestly don't know how this hotel won all the prizes and reward that he proudly hang everywhere.
This surely is very far from being a 5 stars hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GMLHE-AVA, Public Relations Manager at Avari Hotel Lahore, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

We're sorry you had to experience cold showers on your recent trip. Due to an unfortunate gas pipeline explosion is Rahim Yar Khan 4 days ago the city was experiencing gas shortages. The issue has now been resolved. Furthermore, in view of your comments regarding furniture we are pleased to announce major upgrade has been announced for Avari Lahore in 2014.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was visiting Lahore for my brothers wedding, my first choice of hotel was obviously Avari due to my brilliant experience in 2007.

The hotel entrance interior is beautiful, looks recently refurbished, as well as the exterior.

The room is decent, definitely not 5 star, old carpets, dirty curtains and horrible furniture, but an excellent bed and bathroom.

The staff are the worst people I have ever met in Pakistan, rude and extremely arrogant. During my 12 days in Pakistan I dressed in typical simple Pakistani clothing, and for this I was treated terribly. I was being constantly judged during my stay, after an argument with one of the staff, I left Avari and continued my stay in the true 5 star PC hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Salman A

Dear Salman thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. Please note we have a zero tolerance policy for rude bheaviour towards guests. Kindly indicate the names of the employees you encountered during your stay.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently stayed at Avari Lahore for a week.

Overall very pleased with the standard of service, room condition, food etc.

Possible areas for improvement: The A/C fan needs improvement as would like the room to have been cooler particularly overnight. Also charges for incidentals e.g. call costs need to be better laid out as i was expected freephone (0800 calls) to be free.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Malik A

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Your feedback is appreciated. The Management will certainly look in to your suggestions.