I have stayed in the PC Lahore a number of times during the last years, and I observed that the standard is going down.
Cleanliness is an issue. At breakfast buffet, I had to pick three cereal bowls one after the other to find a real clean one. The fork on the tabel had a sticky handle. The presentation of cold dishes at buffet is a bit unhygenic as people come too close to the serving plates.
Selection and quality of food both at breakfast and dinner buffet at Marco Polo was disappointing. Very low quality and just boring (Sqash instead of juice, only tiny flakes of processed cheese, marmelade and jam of cheapest possible quality. The same applies for Nadia. I ordered a cappucino there and aparently got some instant stuff, which is an absolutely no go for a five star hotel. I still remember the times when there was a wonderful Italian coffee mashine for self service at breakfast...
When I stayed in PC some weeks before, I tried the COVO, which turned out to be just another "wanna be" (Sorry, but pizza, pasta and steaks is not what I have in mind when visiting an Italian restaurant in an upmarket hotel.)
My room was just ok. Bathroom a bit worn out for this category and carpets a bit smelly. Some of the usual amenities (bathrobe, free drinking water, fresh fruit every day) no longer exist. Staff was very friendly and helpful, though.
It seems that the PC nowadays is more focused on big groups of local guests (weddings, conferences etc) who come for the name and the reputation but do not really care for the details. Very sad. I once really liked the PC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 5 star Deluxe property in Lahore. The modern architecture and the Atrium lobby adds to the over all ambiance. The hotel has 607 guest rooms and suites, a 40,000 sq.ft. state of the art conference center. The Pearl Continental Lahore can cater to any size of business and meet your requirements. Service is at your finger tips with staff motivated to serve to your perfection. - Please note the Swimming Pool will be closed for annual maintenance from 8th February until 2nd March 2016. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pearl Continental Lahore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Continental Lahore Hotel Lahore
- Pc Hotel Lahore
- Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore