“good & safe”

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Lahore
Bucharest, Romania
“good & safe”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had a good experience at this hotel: clean big rooms, good breakfast with varied food. I was disturbed only, while I tried to rest, by some emploies of the hotel who were checking every 15 minutes if I am ok in my room :-) if my towels are in order...if I have trash.. and so one..actualy they wanted a tip.. But afler I turned on the sign with "do not disturbe" everything was in order.
Hotel has a good security sistem; when entry you and your luggage are checked almost same like on airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for liking Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay.

We look forward to welcome you back soon. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was really disappointing, I would never go back there again! First of all, the hotel is HUGE and very crowded, with a very tight and unpleasant security system (not to mention poorly efficient). The service is really bad, people are really rude. They do nothing to solve your problems or to make you feel better. The new rooms are ok, nicely furnished, but nothing is really clean. Our bed linen our towels were full of stains, and we even found some hair in our bed. We asked it to change, what took over an hour!!!! Also, the breakfast was horrible. Very confusing, with very bad quality food, and one of the worsts coffee I ever had in Pakistan. Will definitely not go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Helena J
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is really embarrassing to learn the distress caused to you during your recent stay at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I have investigated the matter and have taken serious note of all your concerns and further like to assure you that such unpleasant issues would not arise in future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night as I had previously stayed around 10 years ago. The hotel has been updated and so have the prices. What really let's this place down is the staff and service. The staff actually somehow believe they are royalty and have no idea of customer service, you'll get treated badly for average food and rooms and then they will hanker around for big tips as though it is mandatory. Worst of the worst was the restaurant in the lobby we were flatly refused entry stating they were too busy go away, no please wait or let me take your name but a straight refusal. Obviously they don't need the custom. So if you like poor service, bad manners and and average food at jacked up prices this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Toadster72
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We extremely regret after reading your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We do apologies for the discomfort caused to you.

While assuring you a comfortable visit in future, we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Thank you and best regards.
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was de-booked from the executive to deluxe king due to hotel management's overbooking. On arrival the greeting staff was not there... Moreover, the luggage carrier left my luggage unattended in the parking... After check-in when I inquired, all I could see was blank faces. I went outside and saw it unattended in the middle of the parking lot. The room was nice and cosy however the wifi signals in my room were inadequate to even open gmail. I asked for ironing service from the laundry people who came atleast after 3 more reminders and charged double for express deliver due 8am in the morning instead of 9am. i got my shirt at 8 45am that too after a reminder.. In the morning at the breakfast, there was a massive crowd fighting over food which was being lazily refilled. Bad choice for a business traveler or may be a really bad day...!

Room Tip: If its crowded especially some conference is happening avoid PC ..!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Global_Travler_12
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely value your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology for the pitiable service of our valet staff.

While assuring you our quality customer services in your future visit, we look forward to welcome you back soon .

State College, PA
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The PC is nice enough. A little worn in the common areas, especially the carpets. Had room in new wing, so it was comfortable with a luxurious bed and nice bathroom. Except that the toilet did not work properly! I asked multiple times to have it fixed and it never did get fixed! At checkout, I asked fir a reduction in rate as $250 seems like a lot to pay Fi a room without a working toilet. The mgmt would not budge - no discount. But when you come back, we'll give you a discount, they said. They were very hesitant to put that in writing, but I pushed for it and did walk away with a card that says "discount next time in room." Of course it's an unspecified discount, so quite unsatisfying. It appeared that they did not have a maintenance log and could not look up who answered my calls (I was transferred multiple times for each time I requested maintenance) or whether or not someone had gone to fix it. Really? They have no way of looking up maintenance requests and responses?! Seems the PC could use some improvements in customer service. It was overall quite poor, especially for a hotel in this price class.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank blue_kazoo
Dear Guest,

We received your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by maintenance issue which has been fixed now.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

We look forward to welcome you back soon at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have a long family history with Pearl Continental as my parents had their wedding reception at Pearl. Several other family members and siblings have also had their wedding receptions at this location. So, obviously I have family memories with Pearl Continental. The location is very central. The outskirts have developed along with the parking. On a yearly basis, our family gets together for family dinners and lunches at Pearl and the most attractive factor is the ambience, open music, and nice surroundings. Usually late night desserts and tea are Pearl's specialty. Although old, but definitely worth coming back to for memories' sake.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Ms. Zehra,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore on Trip Advisor.

We assure you quality customer services at all the times . Thank you.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The property is really old but somehow maitained. Elevators kept breaking down. Several times we had to wait for the maitenance in a lift stuck in the middle. House keeping is terrible. Cleaning job was never done properly although reminded several times. The hotel location is ideal for business stays as it is close to all commercial houses.

Room Tip: swiming pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank binshakir
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Bin Shakir,

First of all please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort caused to you during your both stays with us.

It is really an embarrassing situation indeed. Let me assure you that remedial action has been taken by Housekeeping and Engineering staff .