“good but need improve”

Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lahore
Beijing, China
“good but need improve”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

the soundings is nice and i like the swim pool very much.....
Pity is the service is not so prompt,if you need shoeshine service or shirt ironing or need a slippers ,they promise half hour or 1 hour later but infact half day or a whole day no news....Tired of calling again and again mistake them the chinese guy is trouble maker......:(

Room Tip: Don't select the room as i was,the end of corridor,there are too much lovely doves flirting so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Strong007
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the discomfort caused to you during your stay with us at Pearl Continental Lahore.

We have taken remedial actions to make sure that such kind of irregularities in service and standard will not happen again. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portugal
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been customer of this hotel for around 7 years. I've been to Holiday Inn (Now called Hospitality Inn) before, and I find Pearl Continental (PC) much better.
I've always stayed in the new wing, so I have no idea on how bad or not the rooms can be at the old wing.
There are plenty of restaurant choices at this place which will be enough for a few days stay. There is a little shopping inside, but I don't think any useful. The breakfast is very boring, nothing is really very tasty and you get bored after 2 or 3 days. But this will be the same all over Pakistan, at least all PC hotels.
I really love their Club Sandwich, I try not to miss one every time I go there. I was on their pasta restaurant and was quite good the food.
One big issue about this place is that customer care has been severelly decreasing in quality over time. When I checked in at 4am, they took 45 minutes to finish the process. Then same day 7am all the house keeping staff was chatting in the corridors and vacuing the floors!!! I was sleeping for 2 hours... Come one, it was 7am and with a sign on the door do not disturb. I had to come out of my room and ask them (around 5 workers) to be quiet. I complained at the reception and duty manager, they appologised and nothing else. I was promised a free night next time, but they never did that. Not that I was expecting, as I already understood that these days PC Lahore is more worried at taking your money than anything else. On the spot they will be nice and inform you about how they will compensate, but it doesn't really happen.
Before I used to have the Privilege Card, if you travel a lot, buy it because it will pay off after 6 or 7 nights, plus big benefits on food (50% off on second person, etc).
I rate it Very Good because the facilities in new wing are quite good, the hotel generally is well presented and, overall, it is Pakistan.
If you find this review helpful, please vote below!

Room Tip: Always go to the new wing.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank SEMIDEUS
Irshad A, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you on your arrival when you had to wait for long. The housekeeping staff is also briefed to be careful and avoid to make noise while working on corridors.

We look forward to welcome you back soon. Best regards.
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at PC Lahore during a conference this month in the first week. I ran in to trouble as soon as I had entered this hotel.

I would like to tell you the good things first and then my EXPERIENCE!

- Luxurious
- High security
- Modern architecture

I got to the hotel at 7pm, my check in was possible at 11pm that night. Did not have my dinner so my friends took me out for dinner at that time. The room seemed ok but it started as soon as I came back in the morning.

The matters sucked totally, when I had to ask for internet password as I was a room guest it could not be fixed until 7 in the morning. I had breakfast that was not up to PC marks at all. Not even Lahori mark either.

Room service was very slow, you ask for a socket and they might forget. You may ask for another towel and they have to transfer your call thrice.

The bathroom was not even fixed, it had a repairable toilet which i complained during my stay the whole time and no one gave a crap about it.

Pool was ok, GYM was great!

End story, please do not go to this hotel unless you have free money. Even if you have free money spend it somewhere else. Was very very very sorry with my experience at PC Lahore!!

Room Tip: Go to some other hotel on your walking distance, Hospitality Inn maybe!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Haseeb G, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Jawad Nazir,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Please note, all of your complaints are noted and we will make sure that it will not happen again with any of our valuable client in future.

We look forward to welcome you back at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore.

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Whenever I visit Lahore, PC is my first choice. The modern atrium, comfortable rooms,WiFi and diversified restaurants makes it a first choice with any one looking for a comfortable stay whether the visit is a personal one or business.

The restaurants flaunt right from a 24 hr Coffee shop [Nadia], authentic Mughal Court cuisine [DumPukht], Japanese [Sakura] to tantalizing Italian cuisine [Covo]. The rooms are comfortable and the friendly staff makes all efforts to keep the guests happy and comfortable.

The only problem which I felt in my recent stay(last week) and the previous one (Feb) is that place is simply too crowded for anyone's comfort as in the evenings, hundreds of people/ guests throng the hotel for wedding receptions, who keep hanging in the lobby for hours and makes the place too crowded for comfort. Perhaps the management may think of an alternate passage for such guests for the hotel guests to relax and enjoy their dinner/ coffee in the evenings in a quieter ambiance.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool side provide a much better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank bluelotus24
Haseeb G, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice comments and staying in Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore. Yes, you are absolutely right our delicious cuisines are really tempting for the guests who once had it.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Lokeren, Belgium
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Pearl Continental is the best option when looking for a comfortable, safe and nice hotel in Lahore, Pakistan.
It has a nice atmosphere. Rooms are OK, although some need some re-doing, so does the bathroom. There are 4 nice resatuarants. For non-muslims there even is a pub where you can have a beer.
free WIFI throughout the hotel.

2 Thank JohanMoerbekeWaas
Dear Johan,

Thank you very much for your feedback and staying in Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.

Just for your information, our old rooms are under renovation and you will definitely see the improvement in your future visit.

Washington, DC
Reviewed August 26, 2012

You could forget you're in Lahore in the atrium of this business-class hotel, with glass elevators zipping up and down into the plant-filled lobby. Most of the rooms are accessed from a hallway that overlooks the atrium, but I stayed in a special executive suite in a hallway off the 3rd floor. The room was large and clean and had all the usual amenities. There was a beautiful breakfast buffet, and at night there was a speakeasy, disguised as an ordinary hotel room, where you could order alcohol even during Ramadan. It wasn't as elegant as some of the other top hotels, but the security is better.

1 Thank DCDolcevita
Dear Guest,

We certainly appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Lahore
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I live & work in Lahore, I arranged the stay of my clients/dealers over there many times and meanwhile I also stayed there. First of all no one of my client’s about complained anything.

This hotel is at center of the city and all the main commercial areas and markets are around it. Hotel had a recent extension of two floor, new floors are executive floors and better that older part. However the rooms at all floors are OK, just first floor rooms are a little bit than below standard. Overall hotel is too clean and gives fresh look. Hotel’s centralized AC system service perfectly in all the areas. However staff is too rude at reception and they have some attitude problem. Every time I had to talk to them I felt very bad, they are just employees of a 5* hotel but pose as they own it.

Excellent breakfast Marco Polo restaurant at ground floor with a wider variety of fresh food. Same restaurant also serves Hi-tea and buffet dinner. Hotel has many restaurants, BUKHARA for continental foods, NADIA for western foods, Café for Coffee & Ice Creams all at ground floor.
Swimming pool is small and open to atmosphere but water temperature being controlled, also have health club and massage rooms, male and female staff available.

Hotel also have many multipurpose halls, so every evening you may see many many seminars, conferences and marriages over there.

As per countries security situation, this hotel have strict security and I think its fool proof. Rent a car is available at concierge desk, however a little bit expensive.

Dear Zubair,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to let us know about your experiences.

It’s indeed a pleasure to know that you and your valuable guests are happy with the services and Food provided by Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore.

We have taken your concern about staff attitude at reception seriously. All the reception staff has been counseled properly.

Once again thank you for your patronage. Best regards.