“Very nice hotel in Lahore”

Pearl Continental Lahore
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Lahore
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Stayed there twice in 2007, four weeks in total. Was very much impressed by friendliness of staff. Executive floor rooms are very clean and spacious with free internet access and mini bar. It the hotel there are a few very nice restaurants each specializing in its own cuisine (Western, Traditional, Thai, etc.). Check-in and check out was little bit messy but it was compensated by smiley faces of staff. Once they've mistakingly overcharged me during check-out but promptly returned money within few days. Probably this is the best place to stay in Lahore.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Haseeb G, Guest Relations Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2016

Dear M/s Valued Guest ,

Greetings from Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore !

We sincerely appreciate taking your time to share your detailed review and valued feedback from your recent stay with us at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore and very happy to know that you had a great stay at our hotel and our facilities and services met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Reviewed November 5, 2007

I really got lucky with a great rate at this place. Possibly one of the best hotels in Lahore. Each room is extremely large and includes beautiful furniture and modern amenities. The staff was very hospitable and accommodating and the breakfast buffet food was excellent. The room rates and added tax can get be a surprise, but it's worth the stay. The front desk is also coordinates daily tours of the city, which I would highly recommed.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest ,

Reviewed August 17, 2007

Lovely hotel, stayed here twice. Nov 06 had an executive floor room which was fantastic, 4 poster bed. Feb 07 room which had not yet been refurbished so was a bit dated. fairly noisy as on main street & they are also adding an extra floor to the hotel, so that wasn't quiet! Lovely tea in the lobby. Check in a bit chaotic, but nothing out of the ordinary. Only 2 PC's for internet access...

Stayed: November 2006

Dear Ms Catherine ,

Reviewed July 7, 2007

Lets start by putting the Pearl Continental hotel in context with its location. Lahore is a fascinating city, vibrant, noisy and to westerners, a very foreign land. It is also full of very impoverished people and the worst traffic and driving anywhere! The PC is undergoing building work which impacts very little on the day-to-day running of the hotel. As you enter, the atrium is very impressive and the staff on reception are falling over each other due to their large numbers-labour is cheap in Pakistan so every task seems to have 5 times the number of people really necessary to undertake it successfully! The rooms are faded glory but clean and the room attendants are very conscientious.There are several restaurants within the hotel, I tried them all, they are very good and very reasonable. Be warned, alcohol is banned and if you want a drink they will deliver it to your room and you have to drink it there! The elite of Lahore seem to organise lots of parties in the PC which gives you an opportunity to balance their obvious wealth with that of the crippling poverty just a short distance away. There are also lots of business seminars, one of which, while i was there, was for Pakistan's leaders of the future. Unfortunately, once set free of their lectures they rampaged around the hallways and despite complaints to the receptionist no action was taken. The walls are very thin and tv and raised conversations invade your privacy. The PC has little opposition for travellers to consider if staying in Lahore. They need to consider the needs of their guests more and not just the lucrative party/seminar business. By all means go, but be prepared to move rooms if you are unhappy, that or take ear-plugs.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Degsy007

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your constructive feedback and bringing to our attention the recent incident you have experienced at the Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.

Please allow me to forward my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We have noted your comments and this matter has been discussed with our managers concerned for appropriate and corrective measures which will been taken without unnecessary delay.

We look forward to welcoming you once again and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Yours Sincerely,

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2007

I had great time in PC Lahore. Only one thing was more then terrible...and I had research on it later on d same day that it had a wine shop at d back yard of d hotel..which is not bad thing..if its properly licenced and I had found it properly licenced...only it got worse shape that I was driving in and accidently I drove into back yard of PC and suddenly a croud appear infront of me and one by one asked me for wine whisky or even beers...and I keep saying no no and then I was offered discount service with excellent lady service ..as they say in gulberg some where...whats all that.This is an straight complain to the management that why its going on as u call it 5 star...it never happen this way in 5 stars... Those people ..who I think they r broker of that wine shop...helps people with no permits.. that is not good way to provide service to hotel customer. I think like this u loose ur reputation..I think I had made my point.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank TysonAlmeria_7

Dear Valued guest,

Reviewed May 10, 2007

Based on reading the prior reviews, I was looking forward to my PC Lahore stay. I was extremely disappointed on many levels. The check-in desk was chaotic and the clerks were not very efficient....Check in process was slow and after 20 hrs. plus flight time, this was not appreciated.

Lobby was unimpressive and could use a significant remodeling. Also very chaotic. Rooms (must not have been the "tower" rooms) were ancient. Plumbing was probably 50-60 years old, Furnishings were old and well worn. Not kept up or cleaned regularly. Internet access was problematic and COSTLY! (US $15 for only 2 hours!)...I called for help with setting up internet and it arrived 1 1/2 hours later. Later on I phoned and asked for a refill of my internet card. It never came. This despite the fact that every employee at the PC had their hand out for a tip....bell porter, room service, butler, maid service. I'm not adverse to providing a tip where appropriate and deserved, but this was really ridiculous.

Food was mediocre at best. Lots of local specialties. I have travelled internationally extensively and was surprised at the sheer lack of "western" options at the PC...unlike my experiences in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Cambodia and even India. I know this probably sounds rather like I am an "Ugly American" but I would have truly appreciated a broader more "international" offering.

Not recommended, but then not many choices, apparently.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank ToddK1969

Dear Mr ToddK1969,

Yours Sincerely,

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed March 7, 2007

Spent 4 nights at the Pearl and must say, much better than the Avari hotel.

Rooms are great with an old world Victorian feel to them. Hardly contemporary, but this style appeals to more.

Staff, like everywhere in Pakistan, are friendly and had learned my name by day 2.

Good choice of Restaurants, but the Avari does have it beat for food.

The one thing I'd recommend is book early, this place books up fast, call them directly and negotiate your price. They are flexible on price.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Haseeb G, General Manager at Pearl Continental Lahore, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouragement. It gives us great pleasure to know that your stay at Pearl Continental Lahore was a memorable one. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcome you back.

Best regards.