All reviews washing machine downstairs area clean dorms train station street food toast free drinking water free breakfast day tour two nights location is great enjoyed my stay bed was comfortable walking distance hot water noodles rooftop bar
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

As soon as I arrived one of the staff complimented my sunglasses. When I told him they were broken and the lenses kept popping out, he offered to superglue them for me. When he found the glue it dried up so he went to the shop to get some more, then glued my glasses back together. Above and beyond! The staff were all friendly and offered lots of advice on what to do.

My only complaint is that aircon is turned off for 12 hours between 7am-7pm and the room was far too hot to be in during the afternoon. For me that's enough to put me off booking again despite how good other aspects were. Someone might respond I should be out exploring Mandalay rather than being in the room during this time. However, like others I was returning to Mandalay after trekking in Hsipaw and really needed a chilled afternoon napping!

Breakfast was really good - sort of eggy bread with cheese. There is a washing machine on the top floor which is free to use and hangers to hang up and dry your clothes. Laundry is very expensive in Myanmar so this is fabulous.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Extremely friendly staff, good beds, free towels & breakfast (toast and omlette. Jam, bananas, tea, coffee and orange juice available) clean toilets/shower rooms with toilet paper, hair blower, AC at night, fan at day. Staff tends to open the doors for you as well.

The hostel has a day your available, visiting the 3 ancient cities Amarapura, Sagaing & Inwa, for 10 000 kyats.

The staff was always smiling and helpful. Tho their English was mediocre, you will still be able to communicate well enough.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in July. I reserved with them directly via email so they would get all the money (rather than a booking site getting a commission). They confirmed my reservation and emailed transportation instructions. Unfortunately, when I arrived they had no record of my reservation and I had to be downgraded to a dorm with more beds. Then, they made me sleep in the top bunk, even though I requested the lower one and it was unoccupied both nights. Very strange. So check-in wasn't great.

The facilities are okay- rooms are cramped but they try to help by having little plastic shelving units where you can store a few things. They control the AC in the rooms and turn it off during the day. The bathrooms were clean and there was ample hot water. Laundry is free on the roof, which is nice. The rooftop is an okay place to hang out but it does get hot. Breakfast is served there each morning and it seems simple but sufficient: eggs and bread with a bit of cheese, a banana and a snack bar. There is coffee and tea on the roof, and purified water in tanks on each floor.

A highlight of my stay was the hostel's organized day trip. Our driver was ver kind and I thought it was good value for the money- our full day was used well.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ComoCarla19
Reviewed July 5, 2016

This place is awesome! It is near the train station and has just a 5 min. walk to a supermarket/shopping center where you can get everything you need.
I arrived at 8 a.m. and they checked me in already, so I could have a shower and a fresh-made breakfast with toast, egg, jam, crackers, fruits, juice, coffee and tea on the rooftop!
The staff is really friendly and helpful in any case. They let me control the rooftop-TV at 1:30 a.m. to watch the EU-Football-Championship game (with a beer in hand) :-) The beds were comfortable, the shared showers were clean and everybody got a fresh towel. The free laundry service is also good!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

we were lucky to be dropped off from the nightbus near to this hostel. the friendly staff got up for us in the middle of the night and checked us in to clean & comfy beds. each with own light & powerplug, our room even had a small balcony. also, they serve breakfast on the rooftop and you can do your laundry yourself for free. anazing & friendly staff, helping us out everywhere they could. thanks for everything!

Trip type: Traveled with friends