“A Unique Experience”
Review of Moustache Brothers

Reviewed February 12, 2013

What fun to watch Lu Maw and his family do everything from slapstick comedy, political satire and traditional dancing. It is extremely admirable that this family has been jailed many times for speaking out against the government and yet they continue performing. They have a unique and memorable show.

1  Thank DafyAlberta

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had no idea what I was going to see as my partner had read about them and decided that we would go along, we booked tickets and duly turned up. We where given a warm welcome, we got there just as the show was due to start we had decided to walk and we found it difficult to get directions from the locals, which was odd as they are famous, it seemed the case that people perhaps may not have wanted, for what ever reason, to be too direct in their directions!! The show was quite funny if a little surreal in places. I would recommend that you go and see it. Please don't expect a highly polished show, things where a bit hit and miss on occasions but I consider that they where and are still brave to continue with their line of humour. The dancing was very special and beautifully done, I just hope that I can move like that when I am their age. They all work very hard to give you a good show, please go and enjoy.

1  Thank MoominJ
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Go and see the "Moustache Brothers", show every evenning. They faced very difficult times but they still offer a very interesting view of the political situation. And always with a great sense of humour. Please enjoy,

1  Thank Nwethazin
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'd read a lot about the performance and wanted to go last year, but the guide discouraged it. We hired a taxi from our hotel this year and the driver waited. The jokes quickly became tiresome (probably because much of the routine was written about online). I thought most of the dancing was clearly better than the patter. Our seats were in the second row because we got there early. Evidently with the huge increase in tourism it's advisable to buy tickets in the afternoon like we did.
Was this memorable? Not really, but I'd read too much hype and wanted to see it. I can't really recommend it.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

the show has been going on nightly for decades at 8.30 in their house. Lonely Planet has it well described. I had trouble seeing the humor in a man getting years of prison in chains for making humor about the reality of the Burmese policitical and social situations. they are getting older now so one has to won der how they can keep the energy level going as they describe those brave minority groups who still take on the military in the long going civil war that has only recently signed a truce.