Open today: 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM
An amazing, priceless adventure

Reviewed January 16, 2017
Rebecca M
San Jose, California
If you do nothing else, do this!

Reviewed January 14, 2017
Christie W
Denver, Colorado

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2017

Wow, wow, wow! Bill was incredible. He took us on a marvelous adventure flying high, then low to say good morning to the Mandalay residents — they shouted “Mingalabar” as we passed overhead and we responded in kind with a wave. We saw the palace and pagodas as we wouldn’t have seen them from the ground. Then we went out over the river to watch the boats and ships doing their work, and enjoy the mist over the island. Then a memorable landing in a peanut field adjacent to a cow pasture in the stilt-village.

The monks and villagers came out to greet us. After our champaign toast, I gathered the children in a game of hokey pokey. They were dumbstruck — as was Bill and the crew! Then a stroll through the village with a parade of children and mothers accompanying us as we greeted the residents with Minglabar.

I flew in a 20-person balloon in Cappadocia and a 12-person one in Bagan but this was my first with only 3 other passengers and the only balloon in the air. It was magical.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Bill, our pilot, was knowledgable and educated us all through our lengthy trip over Mandalay. I felt like I was in good hands, and it was my first venture like this. We went low enough to wave at the people as they came out of their houses to greet us, and high enough to see a glorious sunrise and see all the sights from a high vantage point. The crew was professional and moved quickly to both get us off the ground and serve us when we got back down. The villagers that gathered around when we landed were curious and friendly - an added bonus of beautiful children to share in a delightful morning trip. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Christie W
Reviewed December 23, 2016

Candle light breakfast and champagne refreshments to start and end the ride are just part of the premium service provided by the ground support crew.

The exhileration from the first flight on a hot air balloon at Mandalay comes from taking off from an airport runway, ascending to 3000 ft above ground, a real time 360 degree birds eye view of the Mandalay and its vicinity coupled guided tour by our professional pilot Chris, and landing among and interacting with the people of rural Mandalay.

Strongly recommend for anyone visiting Mandalay, particularly for the first day.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

As a commercial pilot myself with more hours as pilot in command than many jetliner pilots, I know a good pilot when I see one. The pilot in our balloon, Nicholas Bates, who piloted our balloon is a top-notch pilot. His ground crew was similarly professional and competent. Overall, the ballooning experience in Myanmar was the highlight of our trip to that country. We highly recommend Oriental Ballooning to anyone.

Reviewed March 17, 2016 via mobile

I can whole heartedly say that if you're even thinking about doing this - just go for it ! We had such an excellent time with Ravi and his team ! He's a legend ! Everyone was so nice , so professional and above all the view was spectacular ! It was just an amazing experience !!

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Others have written about the balloon ride differences in Bagan, Mandalay and Inle. I don't know how many have really done all three like I have. Each city has its own ambience. However, what I really enjoyed the most about Mandalay was the ease of entering and departing the balloon basket - through a door!!! The balloon here only holds 4 people. The awakening city sights were great. Back on the ground you just could not comprehend the huge sights like you could from the air. Our pilot was Donna who made a soft landing in a field. The crew could not get the truck close due to mud, so we had to hike a bit to the road. Since we could not set up for the champagne after the flight they brought me my very own bottle to my hotel later (I was the only paying passenger, others were guests of the pilot and local travel agents). Well worth the photo ops and getting up early. Balloon company local manager arranged for a very nice driver to take me touring for the rest of the day and the following two. Great company, people, and organization.

Reviewed February 24, 2016

A wonderful trip and should not be missed when visiting Bagan. Well worth the early morning and the pennies! Couldn't fault the organisation with everyone's safety being paramount. Our pilot, Ravi, was excellent and very knowledgeable about the area and the temples we were flying over. Flying low you could almost reach out and touch the tops of some of them. He also made sure that everyone got good photo opportunities so no one was left out. Had a very interesting landing on the sandbank in the Irrawaddy as the water levels were low at this time of the year (Feb). Would definitely recommend Oriental Ballooning and a big thank you to Ravi for an excellent flight.

1  Thank 38JulieG
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

We wanted Bagan of course which was fully booked but was amazingly surprised by the Mandalay balloon ride which was
expertly piloted by Richard. The reason it was special was that we flew low over the waking city and all the monks, school kids, families and people in their houses waved at us and crowds gathered at take off and landing. Quite apart from the amazing views and the fact we hovered over the mysterious royal palace grounds for half an hour before landing near the jail on a golf course... Well worth the cost and early start!

1  Thank dandidlios
Reviewed December 15, 2015

It was an incredible experience. From getting up before dawn, coffee and rolls in a field with your fellow balloonists, your briefing, meeting your Captain. But nothing will get you ready for the rush as you lift off right after sunrise. 90 minutes in the air flew by as the gentle breeze carried us along the beautiful Burma landscape. This is a must do, and I will go again and again. You will also be hooked. Have a wonderful flight.

1  Thank GeneB49
Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

They pick me up at my place at 5:15 am with mini van. Then, all welcoming staffs are waiting us to say Hi and lovely part which is breakfast ( tea, coffee, pastries) .
The whole team is super Supportive and explain you about your safety . It is very safe and fun . The view is outstanding . An unforgettable experience to fulfill your dream with all professional expertise . The main highlight of the hospitality is Ma Khin , she is very smart and very much customer focus manager . Hot Air Ballon is one of the most amazing thing to add to your bucket list .

1  Thank 438anthonys