“Top Choice!!”

and 1 more site!
Yoe Yoe Lay Homestay
Reviewed June 23, 2013

On my hole trip this was the best hostel. The room are very clean and the breakfast is amazing. Mama and her helpers made my stay perfect. They were so friendly and helpful. Thank you so much. I felt very very comfortable, like at home.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this homestay 3 nights and wish I could have stayed longer! Mama and her staff are so friendly, helpful, they really make you feel at home! The rooms are very clean, the food is great, I highly recommend! Thanks again Mama and your team I had such a great time at your place!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was the best place I stayed in all my travels through South East Asia. The guest house is set up like a hostel with multiple beds in each room. The place is clean, homey and well thought out. But it wasn't the cheap clean rooms that triggered this review, it was Nan Bwe. Nan Bwe is the owner of the home stay and was most likely the happiest soul I have ever met. She welcomed us into her house like we were her long lost children and went above and beyond to ensure that we had an amazing time in Mandalay. The home stay has a very comfortable atmosphere and felt like home away from home.
There is hot water for showers, breakfast is included, and usually you can connect to wifi.
I would return to Mandalay just to visit Nan Bwe and her lovely helpers. I guarantee staying at this home stay will be one of the best decisions you make in all of your travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2013

In 4 months in Asia, I never met a host like that: she is so nice! she will do everything for you and in order to make your trip just perfect! The rooms are clean, the breakfast is really good...I recommand it!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The first and only hostel-style accomodation in Mandalay. It's brand new and the owner, Nan Bwe, is wonderful. It's more like being invited into someone's home. I've even been lucky enough to experience a special Nan Bwe meal and wow does she know how to lay down a spread. The location is quiet and in a very local community area. Great way to experience Mandalay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I try to avoid hyperbole and sensationalism, and this review will contain none of it. That being said, this is the best place that I have stayed in all of my travels, which probably put it ahead of around 50 other accommodations. Yoe Yoe Lay is less than a month old, spotlessly clean and obviously has had some design input from somebody who is used to staying in hostels. From the power points and reading lights available at the head of each bunk to the well thought out printouts of local attractions and maps this homestay, which I would consider to have the facilities of a hostel, is absolutely fantastic. There is a huge personality responsible for why I have positioned this place head and shoulders above anywhere else I have stayed, her name is Nan Bwe. The most beautiful and charming woman who welcomed me as if I was her son and was restless in her efforts to ensure her guests had the perfect experience of Mandalay and Burma. Her cooking is absolutely fantastic and her energy boundless, I don't think I saw her stop smiling and laughing.

I have recommended this place to every person that I have come across during the rest of my travels in Burma. On a couple of occasions I considered advising some of the owners of other hostels that I stayed in to learn how it should be done from Nan Bwe.

As one of the first such hostels in Burma, without affiliation to the Myanmar Governement's 'Ministry of Hotels and Tourism', it stands as an example to Burmese hoteliers as to what they should aspire.

Wifi is also available which is a space commodity in Burma. Also I shouldn't neglect to mention the fantastic home help that Nan Bwe has to assist her, constantly smiling and laughing like their matron.

I hope anybody that reads this is persuaded to stay here, it's wont be regrettable.

Room Tip: They're all great, the best tip is to ensure you stay here and experience some outstanding Burme...
1  Thank AdamBishop
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights from 3 June to 7 June 2013. This place is full of love. The owner treated me like family member during my stay she prepare breakfast and special home cooking dinner for me. The room is clean, all staffs are nice and very polite. I've never experienced the warmly welcome like this in any place i traveled. Stay in Yoe Yoe Lay is definitely a must besides those attractive places to visit in Mandalay.