“Local ambience, air conditioning upstairs”
Review of Too Too

Too Too
Ranked #90 of 212 Restaurants in Mandalay
Cuisines: Burmese
Description: Not sure where else you might find it...
Description: Not sure where else you might find it...
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Choose your food from a table where it is all laid out - meat, veg, etc. Then sit. Dinner for 2 + drinks came to K7000.

There are newer reviews for Too Too

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had dinner at the TooToo since it was suggested by the Lonely Planet. The place is nothing special, the food is REALLY spicy, so be careful. I paid 5.000 kyats for a bowl of rice and some prawn curry, which is quite expensive... Try rather one of the places in the small lane just opposte TOoToo, where tourists may find something more suitable for their taste

Reviewed February 16, 2013

On a trip to Myanmar, the tour group that I was with (a culinary tour) stopped for lunch at Too Too. We were served a dozen dishes, most of them quite delicious, one of the three most delicious meals during my week in Burma. Particularly notable is their version of Balachaung (Fried Shrimp Paste), available in a container for purchase. Delicious.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Simple bamar style food similar to Feel in Yangon but without the decor and ambiance. Home cooking without menus where you select your dishes from a pre-prepared table. Very fatty and oil-soaked, as is most Burmese food. Popular with tourists here.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I thought I had reviewed Too Too but somehow it would seem I slipped up with this one. Too Too serves traditional Myanmar food with dishes displayed in so called hot cabinets. However, please don’t be misled by me with regarding the hot cabinets. If those wanting hot food should stick to lunch times only. However, we went at around 6 pm and ate there on two occasions. The diner has to go up to the cabinets, ask the staff to explain the dishes and then order them at the counter. The dishes are then brought to the table. I love the curries but as I don't like a lot of oil, I just scooped up the meat/fish/prawn and gravy and leave the rest in the plates. They provide complimentary soups and some other dishes which I cannot remember. I loved the balachaung (fried prawn, garlic and ngapi ?), it goes so well with curry and rice. The service is very swift and efficient and the staff are very helpful.

On our second trip we wanted some beer. Unfortunately, they don't sell alcohol in the restaurant but the staff suggested that we could buy the beer at a local store a few doors away and they didn’t mind us drinking the beer on their premises. They even provided us with the drinking glasses.